• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different Layout for Different Categories ?

alex22alex

Hello All,

I have a problem, some of my products have very different images. My site is currently set to show all my products in a 4x4 grid.

However my larger products need bigger images which make the 4x4 display system too wide for an normal browser.

Does anyone know how or if it is possible to have different layout for different categories ? So i could maybe just have a list of products for one category and my current system for the rest.

Warm Regards Alex

Hello All,

I have a problem, some of my products have very different images. My site is currently set to show all my products in a 4x4 grid.

However my larger products need bigger images which make the 4x4 display system too wide for an normal browser.

Does anyone know how or if it is possible to have different layout for different categories ? So i could maybe just have a list of products for one category and my current system for the rest.

Warm Regards Alex

Alex,

This can easily be done using the Simple Template System (STS). If you do not wish to use a template, then hopefully someone else will pipe in to help you out.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the message! I have seen STS mentioned many times on this board but never had a reason to look into it. I have just had a look at it and as i am running Creloaded loaded to the eyeballs with custom mods i think it could be a nightmare to integrate.

Is there any other way i could work round this ? Its only one tree with two categories i need to make the change for.

Warm Regards Alex

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the message! I have seen STS mentioned many times on this board but never had a reason to look into it. I have just had a look at it and as i am running Creloaded loaded to the eyeballs with custom mods i think it could be a nightmare to integrate.

Is there any other way i could work round this ? Its only one tree with two categories i need to make the change for.

Warm Regards Alex

Sorry Alex, but STS will not work with CreLoaded because of the way CreLoaded has changed the stock code so much. That cart uses a very old version of BTS. :'( I would look into that to see if someone has already accomplished what you are trying to do.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived