• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback Plz

kewldude_3001

Your bookstore header is totally different then your main store header. I would consider keeping everything uniform. I suggest adding some type of logo to indicate that you are selling books. I suggest removing your languages and currencies box as right now they serve no purpose since you only offer the option of English and US Dollar. Your buy now buttons are really nice but they do not match your review and add to cart button (the ones when you visit a product page). I suggest you change the buttons to reflect your gray/orange color scheme. Finally, I would remove the product count as it slows down the site. I would also remove the request counter.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

which banner do you think looks better??

this: http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/ke...storeBanner.gif

or this: http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/ke...storeBanner.jpg

also how can i center the first banner.

also it used to show the banner at the bottom fo the page, its not anymore, does it look better without it or should i try to get it back?

ok i have a question, if you look at my homepage, you will see my flash menu on the left, my question is would it be a good idea to have a similar flash menu in my catalog, like on top of Categories in a new box???

www.kumarsbookstore.com

• 1 month later...

I just logged in to have a look and the music wiped out the sounds I was palying so I left as fast as I could.

I don't know how many potential customers will do the same thing. What sounds great to you may turn other people away, you are selling books and not music.

I didn't go back in after my first visit, that's a first reaction.

Sorry but that's just me.

I just find the site very hard on the eyes. All that orange AND white text on black, along with the fact that your book covers are colourful in their own right.

Just way too busy for me and hard to know where to focus first. I like my shopping to be easy and relaxed and this makes me have to concentrate :(

Archived