• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SEO-G

i had to comment out this line in root.php:

header('Location: ' . $g_relpath . SEO_DEFAULT_ERROR_REDIRECT);

i dont think this is a good idea but now whos online shows the current page i m on instead of cookie_usage.php

i also noticed if a bot is on the website , Last URL shows up ok but for a visitor the same cookie_usage.php

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to comment out this line in root.php:

header('Location: ' . $g_relpath . SEO_DEFAULT_ERROR_REDIRECT);

i dont think this is a good idea but now whos online shows the current page i m on instead of cookie_usage.php

i also noticed if a bot is on the website , Last URL shows up ok but for a visitor the same cookie_usage.php

After reading allot of posts, i'm asking anyone have this contribution working????

I try the Ultimate CEO URLs and SEO-G but i can't get none of those two contributions work properly... I Have allways error 404...

I Think my problem is related with the translation of special Characteres...

For Example:

If i have on product description something like

JBL GTO-937 - Colunas Coaxiais "GTO Series" de 3 Vias, 6x9"(16.0x23.0Cm), 300W

with SEO i currently have something like

jbl-gto-937-colunas-coaxiais---gto-series---de 3 vias--- ....html

So the characteres like " , ( ) à á ç ã ' are not translated or wrong translated at the moment, my language is portugues, so anyone can help placing this very usefull contribution working????

I Appretiate any help...

Best Regards

João Carrolo

KarTunes

Dear all...

Like all changes, i allways try to implement any changes in local mode, with EasyPHP 2.0b1 and only if it's working i publish all files online, so my question is, there is any limitation using EasyPHP 2.0b1 ??? I need to change any configuration???? Where i must change the configurations...

Anyone can help????

Best Regards

João Carrolo

Dear all...

Like all changes, i allways try to implement any changes in local mode, with EasyPHP 2.0b1 and only if it's working i publish all files online, so my question is, there is any limitation using EasyPHP 2.0b1 ??? I need to change any configuration???? Where i must change the configurations...

Anyone can help????

Best Regards

João Carrolo

OK... I have the SEO URLs working in local mode... I have only one last question to see if anyone can help me...

The Category name is: Iluminação auto

I must have something similar to: http://127.0.0.1/loja-pt/iluminacao-auto-c-12.html

But i have with strange characters: http://127.0.0.1/loja-pt/iluminação-auto-c-12.html

It´s displaying properly on the web page but when i click i have that strange sintax, i know the problem it caused because special characters...

Any one can help on this last issue to get this working properly????

I appretiate any help

Best Regards

João Carrolo

KarTunes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm running my site with custom manufacturer listings.

I have an artist listing and a record label listing, both are being converted by the contribution and in the report all the links are right. However when you click on the artist link, instead of going to the artist page. It just loads the normal index page.

Also is there a way to list the links without the .html as the url prefix.

thanks for any help.

here is the link to our test site http://testingsite.ntactrecords.com

thanks

alex

I'm running my site with custom manufacturer listings.

I have an artist listing and a record label listing, both are being converted by the contribution and in the report all the links are right. However when you click on the artist link, instead of going to the artist page. It just loads the normal index page.

Also is there a way to list the links without the .html as the url prefix.

thanks for any help.

here is the link to our test site http://testingsite.ntactrecords.com

thanks

alex

I got the artists listing to redirect. I had some code in the application top that was affecting the redirect.

Now I got the .html prefix removed everything works, except none of the images are showing up.

Is there a solution to this.

cheers

I have a problem with seo-g.

It looks run all well, but...

I get:

http://www.mysite.com/myproduct.html ---------> perfect

when I get reviews...

http://www.mysite.com/product_reviews_myproduct.html ----> perfect

but when I clic next link for read reviews I get:

http://www.mysite.com/product_reviews_info...mp;reviews_id=3 ------> incorrect, dont work and i cant read review

http://www.mysite.com/product_reviews_info...mp;reviews_id=2 ------> incorrect, dont work and i cant read review

and I cant read reviews because link isnt correct... I read... author H... reviews H ...image product H.... or another letter.

Can you help me?????? THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Misantropo,

I had a similar problem. I just removed the review pages from being created by SEO-G. You can do this by excluding the product_review_info.php in the G-EXCLUDE database.

On another note I had problems with this contribution and the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN contribution. You need to declare the seo class in the IPN's application_top_inc.php, the same way you do in the catalog application_top.php.

Cheers

Hi eyekandee

It doesn't work.

Can you tell me your g-type configuration??? maybe that can help me.... I hope

Hi Misantropo,

I had a similar problem. I just removed the review pages from being created by SEO-G. You can do this by excluding the product_review_info.php in the G-EXCLUDE database.

On another note I had problems with this contribution and the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN contribution. You need to declare the seo class in the IPN's application_top_inc.php, the same way you do in the catalog application_top.php.

Cheers

hi

Sorry in advance for my bad inglish

I need someone validate one issue in this contribution.

In the product page we have the link to the manufactor product page

everithing goes weel but if the product url have this caracther & , in this case the link is broken and the sistem redirect to the catalog/index.

if the link d'ont have this sign everithing goes well.

At the momente the solution i have is this.

in the redirect.php

//-MS- SEO-G Support Added

if( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) ) {

$new_url = urldecode(($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']));

// $new_url = htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']));

$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] = $new_url;

}

//-MS- SEO-G Support Added EOM

in this case i need to have this configuration

seo-g safe mode true

seo.g strict validation false

and in the exclude

add popup_image.php

I need to now if i have a problem with the instalation or if we have one problem in the seo-g with "htmlspecialchars"

thanks in advance

When I try to do the SEO-G Reports and notify Google, Yahoo, and Ask.com I get this error:

Warning: fopen(/home/bout/public_html/sitemap.xml.gz) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bout/public_html/admin/seo_reports.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bout/public_html/admin/seo_reports.php:114) in /home/bout/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any ideas on a fix?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My SEO-G installation was working fine by months, but suddenly I have this error when trying to access to a category:

1194 - Table 'seo_url' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

select seo_url_get, seo_url_org from seo_url where seo_url_key = '84693b934522ab7df52b6e2438006a4e'

[TEP STOP]

And when I access to Admin / SEO-G / Reports, I receive this message:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

1194 - Table 'su' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

select count(*) as total from seo_url su left join seo_frequency sf on (sf.seo_frequency_id=su.seo_frequency_id)

[TEP STOP]

TEXT_INFO_SEO_G

Can anybody help me?

Edited by misterqar

Cookie Usage Issues.......

For those getting the redirect to the cookie usage page - I hit this problem today for the first time after a number of installs that had went fine.

Eventually traced it to the root.php file :

I had

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {
   define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);
 } else {
   define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);
 }

Which I had cut and pasted in from the application_top file - I should have had:

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {
   define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);
   $g_relpath = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;
   $g_server = HTTP_SERVER;
 } else {
   define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);
   $g_relpath = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;
   $g_server = HTTPS_SERVER;
 }

I had failed to add in the

$g_relpath = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;

$g_server = HTTP_SERVER;

after copying from application_top

May be of some help - Graeme

• 2 weeks later...

After install it i get the following errors :(

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in D:\_wamp\www\domain\root.php on line 136

2 days trying to fix it without luck, can someone please check whats wrong?

Dont knwo whats wrong :(

i changed

$tmp_array = array_merge($HTTP_GET_VARS,$tmp_array);

for

$tmp_array = array_merge((array)$HTTP_GET_VARS,$tmp_array);

and no more errors received, but the urls are not show Search Engines Optimized, are displayed like

index_cpath-1.html for categories

and

product_info_products_id-1.html for products

Ok but can you do so SEO-G works for a language other than a language with language_id = 1?

I found a solution. I changed language id in the file seo-url.php so now it works fine. Now I have another problem instead. I get redirected to the cookie usage page when I try to add a product in the shopping cart. What can I do about that?

I solved it. How can I set SEO-G Extension to " / " instead of .html. It works but the product picture does not load and the text is not formated correctly on the product info page. On the catalog page the pictures load and text is formated correctely. I hope someone can help.

Hello there, and thanks for a great contribution.

I've made my own menu, for design matters, but I can't get it to work with SEO-G. It still links to '?cPath=id'.

It's a simple menu, that just loops through the database and checks for subcategories. No functions or arrays. Do I have to add anything to my script, or how do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.