• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SEO-G

In the Product Info, if i click on "add to cart" button, i go to the "product info" page again not in the shopping cart. If i click once agin, i go to the shopping cart.

first time, the url is : http://www.systemfailed.fr/matrox-g400-32m...dd_product.html

then it is : http://www.systemfailed.fr/shopping_cart.php

I don't understand what's happening...

Can you help me ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Product Info, if i click on "add to cart" button, i go to the "product info" page again not in the shopping cart. If i click once agin, i go to the shopping cart.

first time, the url is : http://www.systemfailed.fr/matrox-g400-32m...dd_product.html

then it is : http://www.systemfailed.fr/shopping_cart.php

I don't understand what's happening...

Can you help me ?

I check on your demo site, it looks fine to me. as long as the product page can turn into .html, it works.

Thank you Ken,

Go to this page : http://www.systemfailed.fr/materiel-sextoy...graphiques.html

=> Try to put a product on the shopping cart and look at the url.

=> Try to come back (it will write "produit non trouvé")

I think there is a probleme.

David

you should turn off your SEO-G Configuration >> SEO-G Process Secure Pages. and try again.

ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi trying to install SEO-g have a few questions...

Question#1

Step9b

The instructions says to

------------

Also note, you need to port any custom modifications you have in that particular section of the application_top.php (now enclosed with the SEO-G tags) into the catalog\root.php. The included root.php uses part of the stock osC application_top.php file. Markers are placed in the included root.php file to help you compare and place if necessary the equivalent code from application_top.php. If you copy the exact potion of the application_top.php into the root.php make sure the root.php includes the following:

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

$g_relpath = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;

$g_server = HTTP_SERVER;

} else {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);

$g_relpath = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;

$g_server = HTTPS_SERVER;

}

-----------

What needs to be done here? For the root.php

What is the code I need to into the root.php? I don't have any custom modifications (i dont think)

Do I place the previous code that I was asked to put in the application_top.php? Or is this optional

----------the following is the code that I placed in the application_top.php

//-MS- SEO URLs Support Added

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo_url.php');

$g_seo_url = new seoURL;

//-MS- SEO URLs Support Added EOM

}

//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

-------------------

if so where do I place it in the root? why is this not in the root.php (which is part of install) already?

Question #2 STEP 11-.htaccess -I have .htaccess open with notepad

I am told to Identify the relative path and set in the .htaccess

in my configure.php doc it says

--------

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

--------

Is the relative path' /oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/'?

If it is should my code in .htaccess be...

#-MS- SEO-G Added

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?% {QUERY_STRING}

#-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

As you can guess this is a bit over my head but fun to try to figure out.... :blush:Help ?

This contrib is not supposed to process any entered URLs from the Admin folder, right?

I have two ongoing problems. SEO-G has been installed for quite some time, and in every other way, it's working beautifully.

I upload my feeds to Googlebase using the Googlefeeder contrib. The URL I type in a web browser to run this script is simply:

www.mysite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php

I should be hit with a login box to access Admin and once signed in, the script runs. Instead, I'm being redirected to the homepage of my website. I have the redirect in SEO-G configuration set to index.php.

Same thing happens with another script I'm trying to run. I need to generate code for my .htaccess file for Google Checkout. The script is at www.mysite.com/admin/htaccess.php

When I type that in a web browser, again...I'm redirected to the home page (index.php) of my website.

I thought this thing was supposed to NOT process any URLs entered from the Admin folder. ??? I'm also trying to run (Google Checkout related) the URL of www.mysite.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php and instead of getting a blank page to assure me all is well...I get redirected to the homepage of my site. Anyone have any ideas on how to address this?

- Andrea

I have followed the instructions for the SEO-G contribution installation (three times now) and was getting the Cookie_Usage.php redirect instead of the admin page.

I've read all 52 pages of this thread and can not locate a solution to the problem I'm experienceing.

So... I commented out the htaccess mod in an attempt to regain access to the admin pages and when I tried to access the admin after the mod I got the following error message.

<SNIP>

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/FILENAME_LOGIN was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

</SNIP>

It appears that one of the pages moded may have stepped on a variable ? php_self? and now the admin login page will not load as required to gain access to the admin section.

.htaccess file reads:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain.com$ [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mydomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?$1.html&%{QUERY_STRING}

RedirectMatch permanent ^/admin$ https://www.authenticendlesssummer.com/admin/index.php

RedirectMatch permanent ^/admin/$ https://www.authenticendlesssummer.com/admin/index.php

When I comment out the bottom 4 lines of the htaccess file - I get the FILE_NAME not found error message

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

GP

Edited by gaverp

Gaver

diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" - while you look for a rock.

I have followed the instructions for the SEO-G contribution installation (three times now) and was getting the Cookie_Usage.php redirect instead of the admin page.

I've read all 52 pages of this thread and can not locate a solution to the problem I'm experienceing.

So... I commented out the htaccess mod in an attempt to regain access to the admin pages and when I tried to access the admin after the mod I got the following error message.

<SNIP>

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/FILENAME_LOGIN was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

</SNIP>

It appears that one of the pages moded may have stepped on a variable ? php_self? and now the admin login page will not load as required to gain access to the admin section.

.htaccess file reads:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain.com$ [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mydomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?$1.html&%{QUERY_STRING}

RedirectMatch permanent ^/admin$ https://www.authenticendlesssummer.com/admin/index.php

RedirectMatch permanent ^/admin/$ https://www.authenticendlesssummer.com/admin/index.php

When I comment out the bottom 4 lines of the htaccess file - I get the FILE_NAME not found error message

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

GP

Many thanks to Mark for the support and what appears to be an outstanding contribution.

With your assistance - I "think" I'm back up and operating again.

Thanks again,

GaverP

Gaver

diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" - while you look for a rock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So how much would it cost or who could help me put this into my store? I have tried 5 times with no luck.

Screen is just blank now.

Not sure where to go from here. After step 10, I get lost. Admin screen still works at this point. Nothing else is visible.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

i'd like to report that seo-g works perfectly with manufacturers and sorting and any other extra pulldowns....

here's an example for the manufacturers in index.php

$filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
  if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
	echo tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . '<b>show:</b> ';
	if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
	} else {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
	}

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $_GET['sort']).(isset($_GET['list']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('list', $_GET['list']) : '') . (isset($_GET['max']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('max', $_GET['max']) : '');
?>
<select class="xdrop1" name="select2" onChange="if(options[selectedIndex].value) window.location.href=(options[selectedIndex].value)">
<option value="<? echo tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('filter_id','page', 'max', 'sort')) . ''); ?>">All Manufacturers</option>
<?
while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
?>
<option value="<? echo tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('filter_id','page', 'max', 'sort')) . 'filter_id='.$filterlist['id']); ?>" <?php if($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] == $filterlist['id'] ) {echo 'SELECTED';}else{ echo '';} ?>><? echo $filterlist['name']; ?></option>
<?
}
?>
</select>
<?
echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>' . "\n";
  }

and for the manufacturers infobox (includes/boxes/manufacturers.php) on the column_left.php i used this (you should be able to find out where this goes in the file):

// Display a drop-down
  $manufacturers_array = array();
  if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
	$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);
  }
	echo tep_draw_form('manufacturers', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get');

?>
<select class="xdrop1" name="select3" onChange="if(options[selectedIndex].value) window.location.href=(options[selectedIndex].value)">
<option value="<? echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>">Please Select</option>
<?
  while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
?>
<option value="<? echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id='.$manufacturers['manufacturers_id']); ?>" <?php if($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] == $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'] ) {echo 'SELECTED';}else{ echo '';} ?>><? echo $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']; ?></option>
<?
  }
?>
  </select>
<?
}
?>

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

I tried to install SEO-G but unfortunatelly my site does't load after upload includes/functions/html_output.php.

If I copy

//-MS- SEO-G Added

$link = $g_seo_url->get_seo_url($link, $separator);

//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

in the file my page doesn't work..

Do You have any idea?

Thanks,,

Zsolt

HI!

I tried to install SEO-G but unfortunatelly my site does't load after upload includes/functions/html_output.php.

If I copy

//-MS- SEO-G Added

$link = $g_seo_url->get_seo_url($link, $separator);

//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

in the file my page doesn't work..

Do You have any idea?

Thanks,,

Zsolt

recheck your .htaccess file that may be the problem cost your pages don't load

I have noticed that the product and price urls for some reason do not get redirected. Take the following as an example:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=60&page=1&sort=2d

I owuld like the stuff after index.php to not be present as my website is showing up with multiple index pages.

can you please advise if this is at all possible.

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

I have noticed that the product and price urls for some reason do not get redirected. Take the following as an example:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=60&page=1&sort=2d

I owuld like the stuff after index.php to not be present as my website is showing up with multiple index pages.

can you please advise if this is at all possible.

Regards. Peter.

does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

i installed SEO-G right now but m facing an error saying

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/html/includes/application_top.php on line 514

the code of the file starts with

//-MS- SEO-G Added
 if( !isset($g_seo_flag) || $g_seo_flag !== true) {
// start the timer for the page parse time log
 define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting

this error is because of unclosed if condition. (that i was asked to place while installation of SEO-G) but don't know where to put the ending paranthesis in application_top.php

plz help!

• 2 weeks later...
i installed SEO-G right now but m facing an error saying

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/html/includes/application_top.php on line 514

the code of the file starts with

//-MS- SEO-G Added
 if( !isset($g_seo_flag) || $g_seo_flag !== true) {
// start the timer for the page parse time log
 define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting

this error is because of unclosed if condition. (that i was asked to place while installation of SEO-G) but don't know where to put the ending paranthesis in application_top.php

plz help!

This is the correct code for the ending part.

//-MS- SEO URLs Support Added
   require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo_url.php');
   $g_seo_url = new seoURL;
//-MS- SEO URLs Support Added EOM

} 
//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM