osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SEO-G

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that question for me?

I haven't actually done it yet. I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth doing...if it's useful or harmful or...what?

I moved one URL to the Redirects folder just to get a feel for how it works and what needs to be done.

If I did move all of the URLs I wanted to redirect to their new URLs....yes. In my Reports folder, I get a screen of 100 links at a time. I'd have to place a checkmark next to the ones I want to move and then click Redirect and the ones I selected would all be moved to the Redirect folder.

There is a Select All option but I don't want to change all of them...just the ones that are in use with funky appendages attached to them. cPath this and that kind of stuff.

From there, I'd have to manually change the Target URL from what it currently is to the new, SEO URL for each and every one of them. It's definitely a job...I'm just not sure there's any point in doing it, really.

I'm disappointed that this thread seems to have died, as I'm still trying to learn more about how this works and what needs to be done with the Reports section, in particular. I have so many questions and no one is here to answer them.

The bulk of this thread is about install issues and problems...there's not much in the way of talk about how one should be USING it. And...as I've complained about multiple times now....this contrib kills the Googlefeeder contribution. So, if anyone is reading this that is entertaining the thought of installing SEO-G and you do use the Googlefeeder contrib...just be mindful that your Googlefeeder will no longer work. I can't even get the damn thing to run. I just get sent straight to the cookie usage page. The page where all links unrecognized by SEO-G go to. Ugh.

Does anyone know how to fix that? It's as if SEO-G won't allow it to run. I don't understand it, as no Admin pages are affected by SEO-G. It's only set up to change the links generated on the public side of your site. I don't understand why running a simple mysite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php command in my web browser results in...the dreaded cookiemonster page.

If the people managing the 'other' SEO contribs saw fit to fix the Googlefeeder contrib to work with their SEO packages...then I wish someone would do the same for this one. In the meantime (and perhaps forever) I'm sitting here trying to add 2700 items to a spreadsheet for a file upload to Googlebase. And this SUCKS. At the rate I'm going, it'll be 2008 before I'm even done.

Well, well...looks like I'm getting somewhere.

I have no clue why this works, but...I changed the Default Redirect page from cookie_usage.php to index.html and ran the Googlefeeder and it worked...somewhat.

It ran, it completed the generation of the .txt file for Google...it connected to Google, but it timed out. Something about a 30-seconds exceeded limit which I've never seen before, but, anyways...it did generate the file.

I opened my FTP software and downloaded the file to my hard-drive and then I uploaded it to Googlebase via their website. So, okey-dokey, I haven't been wiped off Googlebase.

But, when I tried to run it again to duplicate that warning error I received when it timed out...I was redirected to the index.html page of my website. For the time being, I guess I'll just change that redirect page anytime I'm in the mood to put together another feed for Googlebase.

Does anyone know the reason why the cookie_usage.php file is the default Redirect page in SEO-G > Configuration?

I think that's a rather ominous landing page myself...what with all the talk of changing your browser settings and whatnot on the page. Doesn't it make more sense...if the buyer is coming into the website via a bad URL...that they hit the homepage or something? Might have a better chance of keeping them in the website, I think...

Hi, I have just installed the newest rls of SEO-G and followed the install guide exactly but I get an error when I try to view my site and cannot display anything nor can I enter the admin section here is the error msg's:

Main Page

Warning: require(includes/languages//index.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sellitor/public_html/shop/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages//index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sellitor/public_html/shop/index.php on line 33

AND

Admin Section

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/sellitor/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I would be Very greatful if someone could point me in the correct direction.

Other notes and diagnostic info:

I am using a modified version of OSC and a custom template.

I am using PHP file extension

I have completed all 10 steps and uploaded all files and images, completed modifications and tripple checked everything.

Thanks in advance

:'(

What do you mean when you say you're using a PHP file extension?

In the Admin side of your website, when you click on SEO-G > Configuration > SEO-G Extension....

You did not insert .php as your file extension, did you?

Sorry, I didnt make my self clear enough, I just stated the obviouse that its just a php site which is kind of stupid as any site that is dynamic is probabaly either asp or php so just scratch the PHP bit.

And in answer to your question about the admin section, I cant even reach the admin sections, just spits up errors.

I just move to a new hosting my main page is OK, but when I try to enter some product categories it says

"Not Found

The requested URL /xxx.html was not found on this server."

although it worked nice at my previous hosting. Maybe there are some common recommendations, how to fix this?

I am having a bit of trouble. I tested this mod extensively on a test server at the same host I use for my production server.

Test Server works perfectly:

I have .htaccess file set up correctly where the store is in a folder called live. All admin root ssl pages and admin ssl pages work correctly.

#-MS- SEO-G Added

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# Next line must be changed to match your osCommerce folder

RewriteBase /live/

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?$1.html&%{QUERY_STRING}

#-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

Production Server:

All ssl pages at the site root are working fine but all admin ssl pages resolve at cookies_usage.php

#-MS- SEO-G Added

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# Next line must be changed to match your folder

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?$1.html&%{QUERY_STRING}

#-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

As I said all the code is the same, all the settings are the same. There are only two differences. The test site is in a folder/ and it is on a different server but at the same host.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? I would appreciate any leads.

You should go through the instructions and implement all steps. In this case you haven't changed the database_tables.php files.

I'm having the same problem. my database returns 17 as well, but the instructions are not clear. (Then check the total returned, if it's 0 it is not allocated and you can install the default .sql file, otherwise you need to modify it as explained above. ) It doesn't really explain what to do. I've tried changing the $gID in seo_zones_config.php to 0 and to 17, neither of which returns 0.

What exactly are you supposed to change in the file and what is meant by the SQL file? I ran the seo_g.sql file in phpmyadmin and received no errors.

The section on the Database Changes is the only section I do not understand. :'(

I could really use some help.

I'm having the same problem. my database returns 17 as well, but the instructions are not clear. (Then check the total returned, if it's 0 it is not allocated and you can install the default .sql file, otherwise you need to modify it as explained above. ) It doesn't really explain what to do. I've tried changing the $gID in seo_zones_config.php to 0 and to 17, neither of which returns 0.

What exactly are you supposed to change in the file and what is meant by the SQL file? I ran the seo_g.sql file in phpmyadmin and received no errors.

The section on the Database Changes is the only section I do not understand. :'(

I could really use some help.

All SELECT count(*) as total FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=24 does is return the number of configuration_group_id entries. Looking back at that posting enigma was wondering if that person had made the proper entries into the admin/includes/database_tables.php

//-MS- SEO-G Added
 define('TABLE_SEO_URL', 'seo_url');
 define('TABLE_SEO_REDIRECT', 'seo_redirect');
 define('TABLE_SEO_EXCLUDE', 'seo_exclude');
 define('TABLE_SEO_FREQUENCY', 'seo_frequency');
 define('TABLE_SEO_TYPES', 'seo_types');
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_CATEGORIES','seo_to_categories');
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_PRODUCTS','seo_to_products');
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_MANUFACTURERS','seo_to_manufacturers');
//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

//-MS- SEO-G Support for Articles Manager
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_TOPICS','seo_to_topics');
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_ARTICLES','seo_to_articles');
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_AUTHORS','seo_to_authors');
//-MS- SEO-G Support for Articles Manager EOM

//-MS- SEO-G Support for Information Pages Unlimited
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_INFORMATION','seo_to_information');
//-MS- SEO-G Support for Information Pages Unlimited EOM

//-MS- SEO-G Support for Links Manager
 define('TABLE_SEO_TO_LINKS','seo_to_links');
//-MS- SEO-G Support for Links Manager EOM

All SELECT count(*) as total FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=24 does is return the number of configuration_group_id entries. Looking back at that posting enigma was wondering if that person had made the proper entries into the admin/includes/database_tables.php

//-MS- SEO-G Added
//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

Yes, I have installed this code.

SEO-G provides automatic generation of URLs with your osCommerce store. Using multiple configuration options to generate a clear hierarchical structure of your store's entities, this module can significantly boost your marketing and SEO campaign.

Using osCommerce the no.1 e-commerce engine available today, as the base framework, SEO-G can utilize the database tables and generate the most comprehensive and spider-friendly URLs. Links can be generated at the same level as your store using configurable separation characters or emulate a multi-level directory structure.

SEO-G represents a set of classes around a special framework that can process the database tables, generate meaningful names which can be further customized and finally create spider-friendly URLs.

The module provides a set of configurable scripts on the osC Admin end, where the store owner can configure types, handlers, set names for various entities (eg: products,categories,articles,topics) as well as monitor the generated urls. In addition the framework is designed to easily support custom classes.

On the catalog end, the operation of SEO-G is fairly simple, yet extremely effective. It relies on a redirect method via .htaccess where a single script handles every URL conversion/request. Once an SEO-G URL is detected the system translates it to the original osCommerce URL. When installed this contribution generates spider-friendly links for all the store's pages. SEO-G links are generated progressively and no database identifiers are necessary within the links.

Contribution Link will be posted shortly as it has to be manually approved

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the SEO-G (thanks for the contribution). I used a checklist and double checked each of the installations. I do not understand these instructions however:

Database Changes

Run the seo_g.sql file that came with this archive using phpmyadmin. (I ran this successfully and it created the tables with no errors.)This will create the necessary tables and configuration options. There is a good turorial how to use phpmyadmin here. (no help) The osC Admin configuration options are stored with configuration ID of 24. If this identifier is already in use ($gID = 24;)

you need to change the SQL file (change what specifically and in what locations?) and the catalog\admin\seo_zones_config.php near the beginning $gID = .... (change to what?)You can identify if this ID is already in use by executing the following query in phpmyadmin

SELECT count(*) as total FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=24 (I ran this and it returned 17)

Then check the total returned, if it's 0 it is not allocated and you can install the default .sql file, otherwise you need to modify it as explained above.

Backup files and database before installing this contribution. Also you need to remove any other modules or contributions you have that handle spider-friendly URLs. (I had and I did uninstall all files).

Thanks for your time. I am not experiencing any errors, but I am not getting your controller or types pages, nor are my pages changed to sef addresses. My website is http://creativescrapbooksolutions.com.

Carol Ann

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the SEO-G (thanks for the contribution). I used a checklist and double checked each of the installations. I do not understand these instructions however:

Database Changes

Run the seo_g.sql file that came with this archive using phpmyadmin. (I ran this successfully and it created the tables with no errors.)This will create the necessary tables and configuration options. There is a good turorial how to use phpmyadmin here. (no help) The osC Admin configuration options are stored with configuration ID of 24. If this identifier is already in use ($gID = 24;)

you need to change the SQL file (change what specifically and in what locations?) and the catalog\admin\seo_zones_config.php near the beginning $gID = .... (change to what?)You can identify if this ID is already in use by executing the following query in phpmyadmin

SELECT count(*) as total FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=24 (I ran this and it returned 17)

Then check the total returned, if it's 0 it is not allocated and you can install the default .sql file, otherwise you need to modify it as explained above.

Backup files and database before installing this contribution. Also you need to remove any other modules or contributions you have that handle spider-friendly URLs. (I had and I did uninstall all files).

Thanks for your time. I am not experiencing any errors, but I am not getting your controller or types pages, nor are my pages changed to sef addresses. My website is http://creativescrapbooksolutions.com.

Carol Ann

Addendum: I received this error:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/creative/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/creative/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I checked database server name and it correctly refers to my database name, unless it was supposed to have been changed. the tep_db_connect is referred to only in your files but I am not able to decipher the error.

//-MS- SEO-G Added
//-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

Does anyone know how to reach enigma1? I hate to think that I have spent another week installing yet another add-on that I will not be able to use.

Carol Ann: Did you run the SQL file?

Basically, all the author is saying...with regards to the SQL file...is to check first and make sure the identifier of 24 is not already in use before running the file.

You can use PHPMyadmin to look at this. Select your database and then click to browse configuration_group.

If the configuration_group_id number of 24 is already in use by something else...you'll need to change the number 24 to a number that is not in use.

Let's say, for example, id number 25 is not in use so we'll use that number instead. You'd edit the bottom half of the sql file; all of those lines at the bottom of the file that begin with Insert Into Configuration.

You'll see 2 numbers in each line. The first number always reads 24. Change it to 25. Leave the number that follows it alone. Then run the file.

In the seo_zones_config file, change this at the top of the file:

// Set configuration ID
 $gID = 24;

To this:

// Set configuration ID
 $gID = 25;

Post back when you get a chance. :)

Andrea

Hi there,

After installing the contribution all is working fine, I have just two small problems.

Any changes that are made in the admin menu, e.g. / or - prefix for spaces does not take affect , also the changing of product urls, e.g. product-name to productname . It displays no errors, they are just not saved....Any ideas?

Also, for some reason, now that I am using this contribution - when you start to navigate the website, my search box top left of my header gets shrunk ...quite amusing but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi, Michael:

Can you give me a link to your site?

I'm a little confused by your post. Are you generating SEO urls like name-of-website-name-of-product or...no?

And installing SEO-G has no effect whatsoever on how your site appears, so I don't know what to make of your search box being shrunk, as you say. Are you sure you didn't edit something else in recent times or install another contrib that could have done that?

Andrea

Carol,

Here you go...

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--  Copyright © 2006-2007 Asymmetric Software - Innovation & Excellence
--  [url="http://www.asymmetrics.com"]http://www.asymmetrics.com[/url]
--  SEO-G mySQL Database Tables for osCommerce
-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--  Script is intended to be used with:
--  osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
--  [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]
--  Copyright © 2003 osCommerce
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
--  Released under the GNU General Public License
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_url;
CREATE TABLE seo_url (
 seo_url_key VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 seo_url_get TEXT NOT NULL,
 seo_url_org TEXT NOT NULL,
 seo_url_hits int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 seo_url_priority decimal(2,1) NOT NULL default '0.5',
 seo_frequency_id int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
 date_added date NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_url_key)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_redirect;
CREATE TABLE seo_redirect (
 seo_url_key VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 seo_url_get TEXT NOT NULL,
 seo_url_org TEXT NOT NULL,
 seo_redirect int(3) NOT NULL default '301',
 seo_url_hits int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 last_modified date NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_url_key)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_types;
CREATE TABLE seo_types (
 seo_types_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 seo_types_name VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 seo_types_handler VARCHAR(255) default NULL,
 seo_types_class VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
 seo_types_prefix VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
 seo_types_linkage int(3) NOT NULL default '1',
 sort_order int(3) NOT NULL default '1',
 seo_types_status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_exclude;
CREATE TABLE seo_exclude (
 seo_exclude_key VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 seo_exclude_script VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
 seo_exclude_params VARCHAR(255)default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_exclude_key)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_frequency;
CREATE TABLE seo_frequency (
 seo_frequency_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 seo_frequency_name VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_frequency_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_products;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_products (
 seo_types_id int(11) NOT NULL,
 products_id int(11) default NULL,
 seo_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, products_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_categories;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_categories (
 categories_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, categories_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_manufacturers;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_manufacturers (
 manufacturers_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, manufacturers_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_articles;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_articles (
 articles_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, articles_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_topics;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_topics (
 topics_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, topics_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_authors;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_authors (
 authors_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, authors_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_information;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_information (
 information_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, information_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_to_links;
CREATE TABLE seo_to_links (
 link_categories_id int(11) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (seo_types_id, link_categories_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM; 

INSERT INTO seo_types (seo_types_name, seo_types_handler, seo_types_class, seo_types_prefix, seo_types_status, sort_order, seo_types_linkage) VALUES 
('Products', 'product_reviews.php, product_reviews_write.php, product_reviews_info.php, popup_image.php', 'seo_products', '', 1, 19, 1),
('Categories', '', 'seo_categories', '', 1, 18, 2),
('Manufacturers', '', 'seo_manufacturers', '', 1, 17, 3),
('Articles', 'article_reviews.php, article_reviews_write.php, article_reviews_info.php', 'seo_articles', '', 0, 9, 5),
('Topics', '', 'seo_topics', '', 0, 8, 6),
('Authors', '', 'seo_authors', '', 0, 7, 7),
('Link Categories', '', 'seo_links', '', 0, 12, 11),
('Information', '', 'seo_information', '', 0, 11, 15);

INSERT INTO seo_frequency (seo_frequency_name) VALUES 
('always'),
('hourly'),
('daily'),
('weekly'),
('monthly'),
('yearly'),
('never');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Master Switch', 'SEO_DEFAULT_ENABLE', 'false', 'This switch controls the SEO-G urls. When false the SEO-G is disabled and SEO-G URLs are not generated. However incoming hits of SEO-G URLs will still be converted to osC original ones to keep your store functional.', '99', '1', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Extension', 'SEO_DEFAULT_EXTENSION', '.html', 'Default Extension to be appended with the SEO-G urls. Note your <b>.htaccess</b> file should be modified to match this setting.', '99', '2', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Error Header', 'SEO_DEFAULT_ERROR_HEADER', '301', 'Default Header to be set by SEO-G when a page is not found. Used for inactive urls that match the SEO-G extension.', '99', '3', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Redirect', 'SEO_DEFAULT_ERROR_REDIRECT', 'cookie_usage.php', 'Default Redirect Page to be loaded when the header is set to a temp or permanent redirect (Like 301).', '99', '4', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Strict Validation', 'SEO_STRICT_VALIDATION', 'false', 'When true all parameters passed must contain 2 arguments (eg:products_id=1) and invalid parameters will not propagate.', '99', '5', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Auto Names Builder', 'SEO_AUTO_BUILDER', 'true', 'When true, seo names for handled parameters, are generated automatically on the catalog end. When false the system relies exclusively on user-input via the G-Controller to generate names.', '99', '6', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Continuous Check', 'SEO_CONTINUOUS_CHECK', 'false', 'When <b>false</b>, SEO-G checks a passed osC URL against the stored ones, leading to a faster response. When <b>true</b> SEO-G will process every osC URL request and response will be slower but SEO-G name updates will be instant.', '99', '7', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Process Secure Pages', 'SEO_PROCESS_SSL', 'false', 'When <b>false</b>, SEO-G does not process secure pages. When <b>true</b> SEO-G will generate links for secure pages.', '99', '8', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Redirection Table', 'SEO_REDIRECT_TABLE', 'true', 'When <b>true</b> SEO-G uses the redirection table first, before decoding incoming URLs. If a match is found, a redirect is issued according to the redirection type. <b>false</b> Redirections are disabled.', '99', '9', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Safe Mode', 'SEO_DEFAULT_SAFE_MODE', 'true', 'Controls if SEO-G urls are generated on non-handled parameters. When false SEO-G generates friendly urls regardless of parameters passed with the links. When true generates links for the handled parameters only. (ex: products_id, cpath etc).', '99', '5', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Parts Separator', 'SEO_DEFAULT_PARTS_SEPARATOR', '_', 'Default Separator used to join SEO-G url sections. Invalid characters/sequences can cause problems with URLs. Use <b>-</b> or <b>_</b> for best results.', '99', '10', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Words Separator', 'SEO_DEFAULT_WORDS_SEPARATOR', '-', 'Default Separator used to join words and replace invalid characters with processed strings. Invalid characters/sequences can cause problems with URLs. Use <b>-</b> or <b>_</b> for best results.', '99', '11', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Inner Separator', 'SEO_DEFAULT_INNER_SEPARATOR', '_', 'Default Separator used to join paths (Like Categories and Sub-Categories). Invalid characters/sequences can cause problems with URLs. Use <b>-</b> or <b>_</b> for best results.', '99', '12', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Minimum Words Length', 'SEO_DEFAULT_WORD_LENGTH', '1', 'Minimum length of each word to be filtered by SEO-G when names are generated. Words with less characters that the defined value are ignored', '99', '13', now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Listings Split', 'SEO_PAGE_SPLIT', '100', 'Default Page Split for SEO-G Lists in osC Admin.', '99', '20', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G Sitemap Filename', 'SEO_SITEMAP_FILENAME', 'google_sitemap.xml', 'Default Filename for the Google Sitemap in XML format. This is generated from the reports page. Do not include the .gz extension (appended automatically).', '99', '24', now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('SEO-G XML Compress', 'SEO_DEFAULT_COMPRESS', 'true', 'Default compress behavior of the XML maps generated by SEO-G. When true XML map files are compressed.', '99', '29', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

This is the sql.. In catalog\admin\seo_zones_config.php set $gID to 99..

Cheers...

Does anyone know how to reach enigma1? I hate to think that I have spent another week installing yet another add-on that I will not be able to use.

Converge

Hi, Michael:

Can you give me a link to your site?

I'm a little confused by your post. Are you generating SEO urls like name-of-website-name-of-product or...no?

And installing SEO-G has no effect whatsoever on how your site appears, so I don't know what to make of your search box being shrunk, as you say. Are you sure you didn't edit something else in recent times or install another contrib that could have done that?

Andrea

The SEO-G contribution is just about working, though in the backend I can't seem to edit the names of links or information, just doesn't work and display the client end, though it does save it the admin end.

The link is http://www.covuni-paintball.co.uk/catalog/index.html , it is just a test site I use and all work is backed up. Your see what I mean, look at top left search box.

Also now my gallery page isn't working, displays cookie_usage.php for some reason.

Mike

The SEO-G contribution is just about working, though in the backend I can't seem to edit the names of links or information, just doesn't work and display the client end, though it does save it the admin end.

The link is http://www.covuni-paintball.co.uk/catalog/index.html , it is just a test site I use and all work is backed up. Your see what I mean, look at top left search box.

Also now my gallery page isn't working, displays cookie_usage.php for some reason.

Mike

What I meant was that it should be displaying the photos with this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,gallery , was working fine until I added this. Any ideas?

Mike

Occasionally, I'll misspell something when creating a new listing and won't catch it until the SEO url has already been generated and in order to fix it and change the URL that was created, I do this:

Edit the listing in Admin and correct the error in the title.

Go to SEO-G > G-Reports and find the URL that was generated and delete it.

Go to SEO-G > G-Controller and then click on the Products folder and find the item there; manually edit the seo url that was generated to reflect what it should; then select it and click Update.

When you reload your website and go to that item, it should now display the new url you updated.

Is that not working for you?

As for your Gallery not working...when I run my mouse over the links on your homepage, all are generating .html extensions except for that one. It looks like SEO-G is not recognizing that file, gallery.php. You may need to play with the settings in SEO-G > G-Types and add a new type for that file. I'm not getting the cookie_usage page as you were; you must have changed something there, but the photos are not appearing for me in gallery, either.

Andrea

Occasionally, I'll misspell something when creating a new listing and won't catch it until the SEO url has already been generated and in order to fix it and change the URL that was created, I do this:

Edit the listing in Admin and correct the error in the title.

Go to SEO-G > G-Reports and find the URL that was generated and delete it.

Go to SEO-G > G-Controller and then click on the Products folder and find the item there; manually edit the seo url that was generated to reflect what it should; then select it and click Update.

When you reload your website and go to that item, it should now display the new url you updated.

Is that not working for you?

As for your Gallery not working...when I run my mouse over the links on your homepage, all are generating .html extensions except for that one. It looks like SEO-G is not recognizing that file, gallery.php. You may need to play with the settings in SEO-G > G-Types and add a new type for that file. I'm not getting the cookie_usage page as you were; you must have changed something there, but the photos are not appearing for me in gallery, either.

Andrea

In regards to my gallery problem, for some reason it just doesn't like it being used. I have copied the code which calls the gallery onto one of the other pages and I still get the same problem, the code which calls the gallery is :

<p align="center">Gallery</br><br>

<iframe src="http://www.covuni-paintball.co.uk/catalog/images/album/index.html" width="460" height="500">

Please use a browser that supports iframes

</iframe>

Something to do with a index.html being called?

Mike

I am interested in implementing this mod, however I have a few questions before I start.

Will the urls already present in search engines still work? In other words, if someone clicks a link to my store from google (which had been indexed with the old url) will it take them to the correct page?

Does this mod affect the froogle/google base feed urls?

Will this work with google checkout?

Yes, your old URLs in Google will still work. In time, Google will pick up the new SEO-G URLs and simply stop using the old ones, but...they still work.

Does it affect the Googlefeeder contrib? You bet. It will not generate the new SEO-G URLs and you'll have to manipulate the backend in SEO-G just to get your googlefeeder.php file to run. So, any listings you upload to Googlebase will still contain the old, ugly URLs. I hate it, too. The author of this contrib is not supporting it anymore so, until someone can come up with a fix for that...we're stuck.

Will this work with Google Checkout? Absolutely. It has no effect on any of your payment methods or modules. It just changes the URLs to be more friendly with the search engines. It co-exists and works nicely with Header Tags Controller, too. :)

Andrea