• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I just have to change values in Seo-G configuration to:

Parts Separator / Info

SEO-G Words Separator _ Info

SEO-G Inner Separator / Info

and I will have a link in product description like : http://mysite.com/manufacuterer/productname.html instead of simply http://mysite.com/productname.html ?

Edited by trembita

Sorry for being so annoying, but the last question: when I enter product details it has a link like: http://www.xxx.com/very--her.html

how can I put manufacturers name in the middle of it so it has a link like: http://www.xxx.com/manufacturers name/very--her.html ?

You need to change the linkage from the osc Admin->SEO-G->G-Types. If you want the product links to always show the manufcturer set the manufacturer linkage equal to products linkage. (default is 1)

See the SEO-G types configuration section in the documentation

Having a really hard time getting SEO-G to correctly create links for REVIEW pages from the PRODUCT INFO page. Can anyone guide me in the correct way to set this up so that review pages and product pages do not have the same link? I have gone through and added the products and categories under the SEO-G CONTROLLER page. Below is the information I have on the SEO-G Types page. Read the SEO-G docs but can't quite figure it out still - HELP!

Running SEO-G v1.20

The following TYPES are ACTIVE:

NAME | HANDLER | CLASS | PREFIX | SORT ORDER | LINKAGE

Manufacturers | BLANK | seo_manufacturers | BLANK | 17 | 3

Categories | BLANK | seo_categories | BLANK | 18 | 1

Products | product_info.php, popup_image.php | seo_products | BLANK | 19 | 1

Reviews | product_reviews.php, product_reviews_info.php | seo_products | reviews | 20 | 4

Write Reviews | product_reviews_write.php | seo_products | write | 21 | 4

The following TYPES are DEACTIVATED:

Authors, Topics, Articles, Information, Link Categories

4tkaudt.jpg

4lhvrm8.jpg

Edited by mrbill

osC details

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

PHP Version: 4.3.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Apache Release 10331100

MySQL 4.0.27-standard

oops problem: I have all links this type: http://mysite.com/carolina.html?osCsid=5a0d8f6d8762f785493632fabb171761 how to ged rid of that ending?

I think you can eliminate the SID under:

CONFIGURATION>SESSIONS

Then set

FORCE COOKIE USE = TRUE

PREVENT SPIDER SESSIONS = TRUE

Hope that helps.

osC details

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Apache Release 10331100

MySQL 4.0.27-standard

Having a really hard time getting SEO-G to correctly create links for REVIEW pages from the PRODUCT INFO page. Can anyone guide me in the correct way to set this up so that review pages and product pages do not have the same link? I have gone through and added the products and categories under the SEO-G CONTROLLER page. Below is the information I have on the SEO-G Types page. Read the SEO-G docs but can't quite figure it out still - HELP!

Running SEO-G v1.20

The following TYPES are ACTIVE:

NAME | HANDLER | CLASS | PREFIX | SORT ORDER | LINKAGE

Manufacturers | BLANK | seo_manufacturers | BLANK | 17 | 3

Categories | BLANK | seo_categories | BLANK | 18 | 1

Products | product_info.php, popup_image.php | seo_products | BLANK | 19 | 1

Reviews | product_reviews.php, product_reviews_info.php | seo_products | reviews | 20 | 4

Write Reviews | product_reviews_write.php | seo_products | write | 21 | 4

The following TYPES are DEACTIVATED:

Authors, Topics, Articles, Information, Link Categories

I do not see anything from the images you posted. You need to setup the secondary handlers properly. The default ones work with the stock osc. If you renamed or have other scripts that process the products_id you will have to set them properly with the secondary handlers for each type. From the text I see you have product_info.php (that's the primary handler so what's doing there?) And what are the reviews and write reviews types?

I do not see anything from the images you posted. You need to setup the secondary handlers properly. The default ones work with the stock osc. If you renamed or have other scripts that process the products_id you will have to set them properly with the secondary handlers for each type. From the text I see you have product_info.php (that's the primary handler so what's doing there?) And what are the reviews and write reviews types?

Reviews and Write Reviews TYPES are my attempt at trying to solve the REVIEW BUTTON URL problem. Thought if I split those to their own TYPES then maybe they would work properly for me. Guess not.

I have a heavily modified site, notably the HEADER TAGS FOR NOVICE contribution. Do you think this might have some conflict with SEO-G? As far as I can tell the contribution only allows for customization of HEADER TAG info. I am not using any modifications/contributions that would be suspect.

enigma1 - In mid-response to you I just decided to turn off the TWO TYPES I added *Reviews & Write Reviews*, and disable MANUFACTURERS TYPE *I do not have manufacturers in my cart* and purge my link *REPORTS*. Now it seems to be working if I go to the product directly *domain-name.com/product-name.html*. BUT if I am coming from the product listing I get the same problem *domain-name.com/category_product-name.html*, this results in incorrect links being generated for REVIEWS. REVIEWS have the identical URL as the PAGE and are not prefixed as in *domain-name.com/review_product-name.html*.

Getting closer, any more ideas? Thanks in advance.

osC details

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Apache Release 10331100

MySQL 4.0.27-standard

Reviews and Write Reviews TYPES are my attempt at trying to solve the REVIEW BUTTON URL problem. Thought if I split those to their own TYPES then maybe they would work properly for me. Guess not.

No, There is a class underneath each of the listed types that deals with a single parameter. The products deals with products_id. The product reviews are controled by the same handler because again the products_id is used.

I have a heavily modified site, notably the HEADER TAGS FOR NOVICE contribution. Do you think this might have some conflict with SEO-G? As far as I can tell the contribution only allows for customization of HEADER TAG info. I am not using any modifications/contributions that would be suspect.

I haven't seen a problem with HTC.

In mid-response to you I just decided to turn off the TWO TYPES I added *Reviews & Write Reviews*, and disable MANUFACTURERS TYPE *I do not have manufacturers in my cart* and purge my link *REPORTS*. Now it seems to be working if I go to the product directly *domain-name.com/product-name.html*. BUT if I am coming from the product listing I get the same problem *domain-name.com/category_product-name.html*, this results in incorrect links being generated for REVIEWS. REVIEWS have the identical URL as the PAGE and are not prefixed as in *domain-name.com/review_product-name.html*.

Getting closer, any more ideas? Thanks in advance.

I believe the problem comes because you aren't setting up the secondary handlers for the products class. Check the documentation about it. All php scripts that display links with the products_id must be listed as secondary handlers (except the product_info.php of course which is the primary).

Edited by enigma1

I don't think so, as far I can tell, the response shows Apache. So it should support the .htaccess and mod_rewrite. Can you ask your host about it? If they have the mod rewrite enabled on their end? In need be, send them the content of your .htaccess file so they can try it.

I have changed host now. And the contribution works fine! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

So thats good! And many thanks for your assistance!

I just got a little problem. Google has indexed my page already, with the old URLs. And they work still fine. For an example: http://www.everlight.dk/index.php?cPath=38 instead of: http://www.everlight.dk/xenon-kits.html?os...3e9b732eaf0c0fd

This is a bit frustraiting, don't you also think so? Becouse I think that google maybe index me after the old URLs. Can you confirm or deny this ?

I have changed host now. And the contribution works fine! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

This is a bit frustraiting, don't you also think so? Becouse I think that google maybe index me after the old URLs. Can you confirm or deny this ?

takes time for spiders to index a store. So is likely they indexed it before you deployed the SEO-G module. And in this case you cannot use the redirection table by default because the indexed link has the php extension.

Edited by enigma1

When trying to change SEO-G Types Linkage I got a message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/lepari/mysite.com/admin/seo_types.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/lepari/mysite.com/admin/seo_types.php:44) in /var/www/lepari/mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

what`s the problem?

takes time for spiders to index a store. So is likely they indexed it before you deployed the SEO-G module. And in this case you cannot use the redirection table by default because the indexed link has the php extension.

So their is nothing to do but wait. <_<

Thanks. :thumbsup:

When trying to change SEO-G Types Linkage I got a message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/lepari/mysite.com/admin/seo_types.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/lepari/mysite.com/admin/seo_types.php:44) in /var/www/lepari/mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

what`s the problem?

you need to tick the boxes on the left for the entries you want to modify.

So their is nothing to do but wait. <_<

Thanks. :thumbsup:

there are things you can do but I haven't tried/tested anything so I cannot recommend unless you know well the osc framework. It can be quite complicated.

- You could setup some code to check if the SEO-G global flag is active. ($g_seo_flag)

- If it is active you do nothing. If it's not active you could call the check_redirection() member function or make a similar one to check if the incoming url is set for a redirect

- And you add the old osc url to the redirection table.

Now this can break several things so you need to experiment locally and not with a live store.

Edited by enigma1

there are things you can do but I haven't tried/tested anything so I cannot recommend unless you know well the osc framework. It can be quite complicated.

- You could setup some code to check if the SEO-G global flag is active. ($g_seo_flag)

- If it is active you do nothing. If it's not active you could call the check_redirection() member function or make a similar one to check if the incoming url is set for a redirect

- And you add the old osc url to the redirection table.

Now this can break several things so you need to experiment locally and not with a live store.

Okay. I will test this later.

I think I have a little problem with my SEO-Redirects. I have redirected a URL, as you can see at this picture: http://www.everlight.dk/new/redirects.PNG

But when a tryes to reach: http://www.everlight.dk/h1-8000k-xenon-paere.html I get this .php URL. Don't you think this is wrong?

Because, I think the redirects table is there in matter of redirect all the old .php URLs to .html. So if google tries to index the old .php URLs then it is getting redirected to the .html URLs. Isn't this true? Have I misunderstood something? :blush:

Then don't use the exclusion list as the module was designed to operate with osc stores and the scripts run from the catalog level..

Sub-folders can be exluded via the .htaccess on the sub-folder level (see documentation how the admin folder is excluded and the apache manual for things like the location, allowoverride etc directives) and when you have control of the server you can specify the if the .htaccess rules should propagate to the sub-folders. This case is server configuration dependent.

Hi. Where can I find the documentation on how the admin folder is excluded? I've looked through the readme file and it's not there. I've also looked through SEO-G files and didn't find where you added the codes for the admin folder... Would really appreciate if you can point out what files need to be edited and what to look for.

Thanks a lot!

last pages were very informative, I found almost all answers for my troubles.

But I didn`t get one thing, how to make a link like: http://mysite.com/manufacturer/productname.html and not simple http://mysite.com/productname.html

untitled2tf6.jpg

here is my screen, simply tell what and where should I insert or change?

On the SEO-G CONFIGURATION page try the following changes.

Change SEO-G Parts Separator = "_" to "/" (that is a forward slash instead of an underscore)

Change SEO-G Inner Separator = "_" to "/" (that is a forward slash instead of an underscore)

Think that should do the trick for you.

UPDATE: actually as I review my response I am not sure that this will correct your specific problem, sorry. I was going to now suggest you make the LINKAGE for Manufacturers, Categories & Products all the same but looks like you already did that.

Edited by mrbill

osC details

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Apache Release 10331100

MySQL 4.0.27-standard

Hello Mark,

I'm getting an error with osC Affiliate (see link below). I wonder if you could make a suggestion. I've followed your convo with Melsy, but I'm using a different affiliate program and getting a particular error. When I click on any pop-up boxes I get this error:

Warning: require(affiliate_help_1.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/geekfitt/public_html/root.php on line 145

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'affiliate_help_1.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/geekfitt/public_html/root.php on line 145

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Best,

Chris

Here's the link to the mod:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,affiliate

Hey Mike, I am really interested in using this mod... It looks really awesome. But I was wondering, is this mod compatible with the registered globals fix? I would like to use your mod, but I don't want to turn on register globals.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi all,

I have installed this package and almoust all works :)

I have only one problem now. I have also installed the package “back button 1.2” (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1586) that adds the “back button” on product info page. This "button back" is not working properly after installation SEO-G.

Error message:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/www/includes/functions/general.php on line 239

Can someone help me please?

Thanks a lot

Hi all,

I've just installed this contrib. and I'm having the same problem as others with the "Cookie Usage" page continuously appearing. I've tried the following code

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {
   define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);
   $g_relpath = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;
   $g_server = HTTP_SERVER;
 } else {
   define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);
   $g_relpath = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;
   $g_server = HTTPS_SERVER;
 }

but it didn't change the situation for me. This code matches up with what I have in application_top.php and I've tried every suggestion for obtaining the secure port or server/environment variable that was listed in the instructions in case that was the problem. Any suggestions?

Also, when I added the line "Options +FollowSymLinks" to my .htaccess file I got a "Server Error" message for the entire site. So I didn't leave that line in the file. I'm not sure if this could be related to my "Cookie Usage" problem or if it's unrelated.

When I tried to manually edit my out dated categories in "SEO-G Zones » Categories" I get the following errors, I am using osC RC1 if it helps any.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Sportivo Concepts/shop/admin/includes/classes/seo_categories.php on line 125

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Sportivo Concepts/shop/admin/includes/classes/seo_categories.php:125) in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Sportivo Concepts/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22