• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SEO-G

I just cleaned the reports once more and now it seems to be fine, when I installed the mod I got 2 of each of the configurations, I enabled both and it seems fine, where can I go to delete the duplicated names, where in PHPmyAdmin.

it is mentioned several times the last one is with post #593 of this thread. Just install the module to clean it up.

For the design issue, yes you need the same section of application_top.php in the root.php. With the SSL customization. The sample files show which part of application_top.php is enclosed with the SEO-G comments. You need to go line by line and make sure the section is integrated properly in root.php

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check the server info from your osc admin, if you have zlib module

I see a cookies usage page here, probably means the url is not available and a redirect is taking place

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have gzip compression in the configuration but it's not on. This is not really a big problem though as it works fine if I make SEO-G XML Compress to False.

For the affiliate pages, I've tried deleting all the G-Reports, my browser cache, history, then restarting the page. http://sitename.com/dev/affiliate/news.html can be found on G-Reports but when I click on it, it still doesn't show anything on the page.

Is there anyway to include the affiliate pages or other added pages/folders not part of OSCommerce in the G-Exclude Files?

it is mentioned several times the last one is with post #593 of this thread. Just install the module to clean it up.

For the design issue, yes you need the same section of application_top.php in the root.php. With the SSL customization. The sample files show which part of application_top.php is enclosed with the SEO-G comments. You need to go line by line and make sure the section is integrated properly in root.php

Must I go through the root file and with every // section copy that out of the application_top file?

No outside links in signature allowed. See forum rules please.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have gzip compression in the configuration but it's not on. This is not really a big problem though as it works fine if I make SEO-G XML Compress to False.

For the affiliate pages, I've tried deleting all the G-Reports, my browser cache, history, then restarting the page. http://sitename.com/dev/affiliate/news.html can be found on G-Reports but when I click on it, it still doesn't show anything on the page.

Is there anyway to include the affiliate pages or other added pages/folders not part of OSCommerce in the G-Exclude Files?

The compression works at least with few servers I tried it on.

For the affiliates what's the equivalent osc php page the report shows?

Must I go through the root file and with every // section copy that out of the application_top file?

the instructions should be clear enough about which section to copy. Look the original example files (the ones in the archive) to identify the sections. Then repeat with files of your store. And keep backups.

The compression works at least with few servers I tried it on.

For the affiliates what's the equivalent osc php page the report shows?

the G-report shows from news.php to news.html but when I click on the link, it just shows an empty page. And I can't find the news.php or the other files under the affiliates folder in the G-Exclude Page

the G-report shows from news.php to news.html but when I click on the link, it just shows an empty page. And I can't find the news.php or the other files under the affiliates folder in the G-Exclude Page

I need to see the the full osc link. If you have a physical affiliates folder then SEO-G becomes irrelevant. The exclusion list only shows the osc catalog root files because that's where the module operates.

I need to see the the full osc link. If you have a physical affiliates folder then SEO-G becomes irrelevant. The exclusion list only shows the osc catalog root files because that's where the module operates.

Hi, yes its a physical affiliates folder. http://mto123.com/dev/affiliates/news.php or news.html in SEO-G. and the affiliates/index.html redirects to the main index page.

I'm having a problem nesting products under their own categories

im expecting

www.website.com/brand/jeans/blue-white-jeans.html

instead its giving me

www.website.com/blue-white-jeans.html

when i navigate the categories, they seem to link fine

www.website.com/brand.html

www.website.com/brand/jeans.html

but it wont put the product under its own category.

ive tried deleting everything from reports. i tried going into g-controller and selecting the products and inserting them into the correct category, doesn't do anything.

help, this has been driving me bonkers for a week now. can't find anything that helps.

I'm having a problem nesting products under their own categories

im expecting

www.website.com/brand/jeans/blue-white-jeans.html

instead its giving me

www.website.com/blue-white-jeans.html

when i navigate the categories, they seem to link fine

www.website.com/brand.html

www.website.com/brand/jeans.html

but it wont put the product under its own category.

ive tried deleting everything from reports. i tried going into g-controller and selecting the products and inserting them into the correct category, doesn't do anything.

help, this has been driving me bonkers for a week now. can't find anything that helps.

Have you checked the SEO-G document where it mentions linkage? You can alter this behavior by setting the linkage of parameters to the same values. (G-Types). The default settings support the minimum url length.

Have you checked the SEO-G document where it mentions linkage? You can alter this behavior by setting the linkage of parameters to the same values. (G-Types). The default settings support the minimum url length.

thank you sir, you rock! readying the documentation always helps huh? lol Thanks again.

Hello,

This is my first post, so I'm a newbie. :rolleyes:

I have installed the SEO-G contribution, but I have a little problem getting the .html generated URLS to work correctly. Because the thing is that the .html URLs have been generated.

The link to the oscommerce shop: http://www.everlight.dk/index.php :thumbsup:

I think I have installed the contribution correct. And I have read the installation manual several times, but with no luck. :'(

The thing is that I have add'ed the G-Redirects and set the 'SEO-G redirection table' to 'true'. But when I'm trying to reach one of the .html url's in the shop I get the 'error 404 - file not found' page. The configuration of the SEO-G contribution is like this print screen: http://www.everlight.dk/images/configuration.JPG

And my server runs with 'register globals: ON'.

Please help me! :thumbsup:

If you wonder why the problem doesn’t appear at this right moment it’s because this is an online live oscommerce shop, but I hope you guys can help solving the problem anyway.

Best regards,

Anders Pedersen

I think I have installed the contribution correct. And I have read the installation manual several times, but with no luck. :'(

looks like you haven't done the .htaccess mods to begin with.

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?$1.html&%{QUERY_STRING}

above you see my .htacces file. I don't see any problems. do you?

And this is the entire .htaccess from the osc root yes?

Is the mod-rewrite enabled on your server?

And this is the entire .htaccess from the osc root yes?

Is the mod-rewrite enabled on your server?

Yes it's the entire .htaccess from the osc. root.

And yes my server by one.com have 'mod-rewrite' enabled.

Any solutions/questions?

Yes it's the entire .htaccess from the osc. root.

And yes my server by one.com have 'mod-rewrite' enabled.

Any solutions/questions?

your problem is the either the mod rewrite is not working or the .htaccess is not in place.

Also check if it makes a difference when you comment out this line

Options +FollowSymLinks

So how exactly you operate the affiliates from a different physical folder? Are you using another osc setup in that folder?

We are using a H4H Affiliate Program contribution...

your problem is the either the mod rewrite is not working or the .htaccess is not in place.

Also check if it makes a difference when you comment out this line

Options +FollowSymLinks

I am 100% sure of that the mod rewrite module works fine at my server. :thumbsup:

I have tried to comment this line out: "Options +FollowSymLinks" But with no luck, no changes.

I have just found out, if you redirect the G-Reports to the G-Redirects then can I not use the .html URLs anymore. So I can conclude: if the G-Redirects worked the other way around, then will the whole thing function: from .php --> .html. As it is now the G-Redirect table works like this: .html --> .php

Suggestions? :thumbsup:

I am 100% sure of that the mod rewrite module works fine at my server. :thumbsup:

I have tried to comment this line out: "Options +FollowSymLinks" But with no luck, no changes.

I have just found out, if you redirect the G-Reports to the G-Redirects then can I not use the .html URLs anymore. So I can conclude: if the G-Redirects worked the other way around, then will the whole thing function: from .php --> .html. As it is now the G-Redirect table works like this: .html --> .php

Suggestions? :thumbsup:

You were right! :blush: If I out comment the line "Options +FollowSymLinks" the osc shop works fine. But when I run the real .htaccess file on the server it crash the whole site and gives me an 'Internal Server Error'.

I have seen more topics at the internet describing this problem: that my host (www.one.com) will not function with .htaccess.

So the solution is: A new host.

Just the last question: Can you recommend a good host, which support the necessary moduls at their server! :lol:

We are using a H4H Affiliate Program contribution...

well the main scripts for osc should operate from the root osc folder. SEO-G was designed with this principle. See if you can move the affiliates code to the osc root.

and whats the link or id of this contribution?