• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SEO-G

I see, did you follow the instructions in the SEO-G document?

Item-9

Did you port your custom changes from the application_top.php into the root.php? There is an mvs section close to where the seo-g instantiates its class. Make sure the files are consistent (application_top.php and root.php)

:-" :blush:

fixed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the best way to upgrade from version 1.0 ? reinstall everything? or just upload the newer files?

cheers

Danny

yes do a new install will be faster. Just watch the configuration switches when you import the sql file. There were changes in the database. So you may want to remove them first.

I have installed this module, everything looks to work fine but the only problem is the links don't work, it takes me to a 404 page. for every link generated by SEO G. please help!

double check the install instructions especially for the .htaccess and root.php

I have double check those files and its correct, do you think that uploading the .htaccess file in binary mode can affect it?

No idea of the ftp tool to know what it does in binary mode (should work). If you see these 404s is likely the seo url goes right through and is not filtered by .htaccess (and you must be on apache server). You did modify the section in .htaccess to match your store right? You did not copy it from the documentation directly I mean.

Edited by enigma1

No idea of the ftp tool to know what it does in binary mode (should work). If you see these 404s is likely the seo url goes right through and is not filtered by .htaccess (and you must be on apache server). You did modify the section in .htaccess to match your store right? You did not copy it from the documentation directly I mean.

this is what i've put in my .htaccess :

#-MS- SEO-G Added

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# Next line must be changed to match your osCommerce folder - the relative path

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ root.php?%{QUERY_STRING}

#-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

I the links show as search engine friendly but link me to a 404 page not found

Hello. I have a problem with the admin section.

www.mystore.com

www.mystore.com/admin

At first my admin works. After 3-5 minute everything in the admin section redirect to cookies.php

I put in the admin :

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule admin - [L]

Nothing happend.

double check the install instructions especially for the .htaccess and root.php

guyatech,

Don't know how Mark sussed it, but he advised me to check catalog/includes/local to see if there was a configure.php file in there.

Sure enough, there was - contained loads of info pertaining to the install of my osCommerce. (it came pre-installed with the hosting package, and they configured it for my domain)

Anyway, just a thought. Take a look and let us know if you've got one.

Paul

Well, I am sure it can be done and should be very easy (some notation difference in other words). But I don't know how because I don't have an IIS server installed. So I am in the dark about it. Go here:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/microsoft_asp_net/

post a question and include the documented section from SEO-G, they should be able to answer it as these guys probably have all the necessary tools for IIS and the expertise. It should be an ISAPI rewrite that needs to be done to support it. I don't believe you would need to change any of the php code.

Thanks so much for the responses and all the great things are you doing for us. I would like to be a guinea pig for the IIS installation but when I went to WebMasterWorld.com link you sent me,you have to pay to post I am guessing? Do you have an account there? Just trying to get something posted there so we can try it out on my IIS machine. I have installed all of the files, sql file, and made all the programming changes. I just tried to test it leaving the default setup and went to my product_info page and it did infact give me an IIS error when it tried to go to the new .html file... any help in getting that posted on Webmasterworld?

Edited by xearoth

Thanks so much for the responses and all the great things are you doing for us. I would like to be a guinea pig for the IIS installation but when I went to WebMasterWorld.com link you sent me,you have to pay to post I am guessing? Do you have an account there? Just trying to get something posted there so we can try it out on my IIS machine. I have installed all of the files, sql file, and made all the programming changes. I just tried to test it leaving the default setup and went to my product_info page and it did infact give me an IIS error when it tried to go to the new .html file... any help in getting that posted on Webmasterworld?

No you don't have to pay to post a question there. There is a register link at the top-left where you can create an account, have you tried it?

Hello. I have a problem with the admin section.

www.mystore.com

www.mystore.com/admin

At first my admin works. After 3-5 minute everything in the admin section redirect to cookies.php

I put in the admin :

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule admin - [L]

Nothing happend.

There is no timer with SEO-G looks like something else is running in the background that causes the redirection. Typically you should use the cpanel to protect your admin. And that will go through the .htaccess along with every other request. Also the admin word must match the admin real folder name.

Also try placing this at the beginning of the .htaccess and add the symbolic links and rewritebase. You need to modify it to match your environment.

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [L]

Unfortunately I cannot replicate any problem with the admin here. When I have the extra rule in my .htaccess in the admin the system behaves as expected ie there is no redirection to the catalog. Just the rewriteengine on is sufficient.

Edited by enigma1

guyatech,

Don't know how Mark sussed it, but he advised me to check catalog/includes/local to see if there was a configure.php file in there.

Sure enough, there was - contained loads of info pertaining to the install of my osCommerce. (it came pre-installed with the hosting package, and they configured it for my domain)

Anyway, just a thought. Take a look and let us know if you've got one.

Paul

Thank you very much guys, this is the best support thread ever, quick response, Mark put a lot of effort into this. I found the problem i didn't noticed that the path in the .htaccess was wrong, :) i was tired last night this is probably why. :) i will donate to this contribution it works fine so far. I'm going to try a few things to see and let you guys know if any problem occurs.

SEO-G provides automatic generation of URLs with your osCommerce store. Using multiple configuration options to generate a clear hierarchical structure of your store's entities, this module can significantly boost your marketing and SEO campaign.

Using osCommerce the no.1 e-commerce engine available today, as the base framework, SEO-G can utilize the database tables and generate the most comprehensive and spider-friendly URLs. Links can be generated at the same level as your store using configurable separation characters or emulate a multi-level directory structure.

SEO-G represents a set of classes around a special framework that can process the database tables, generate meaningful names which can be further customized and finally create spider-friendly URLs.

The module provides a set of configurable scripts on the osC Admin end, where the store owner can configure types, handlers, set names for various entities (eg: products,categories,articles,topics) as well as monitor the generated urls. In addition the framework is designed to easily support custom classes.

On the catalog end, the operation of SEO-G is fairly simple, yet extremely effective. It relies on a redirect method via .htaccess where a single script handles every URL conversion/request. Once an SEO-G URL is detected the system translates it to the original osCommerce URL. When installed this contribution generates spider-friendly links for all the store's pages. SEO-G links are generated progressively and no database identifiers are necessary within the links.

Contribution Link will be posted shortly as it has to be manually approved

SEO-G provides automatic generation of URLs with your osCommerce store. Using multiple configuration options to generate a clear hierarchical structure of your store's entities, this module can significantly boost your marketing and SEO campaign.

Using osCommerce the no.1 e-commerce engine available today, as the base framework, SEO-G can utilize the database tables and generate the most comprehensive and spider-friendly URLs. Links can be generated at the same level as your store using configurable separation characters or emulate a multi-level directory structure.

SEO-G represents a set of classes around a special framework that can process the database tables, generate meaningful names which can be further customized and finally create spider-friendly URLs.

The module provides a set of configurable scripts on the osC Admin end, where the store owner can configure types, handlers, set names for various entities (eg: products,categories,articles,topics) as well as monitor the generated urls. In addition the framework is designed to easily support custom classes.

On the catalog end, the operation of SEO-G is fairly simple, yet extremely effective. It relies on a redirect method via .htaccess where a single script handles every URL conversion/request. Once an SEO-G URL is detected the system translates it to the original osCommerce URL. When installed this contribution generates spider-friendly links for all the store's pages. SEO-G links are generated progressively and no database identifiers are necessary within the links.

Contribution Link will be posted shortly as it has to be manually approved

I have installed SEO-G and it does create the correct URLs. The problem I am having is that when I click on a Product image or link the correct URL is there but a blank page is displayed. Only in Administration SEO - G Types I see that there are no secondary handlers listed for Manufacturers and Categories. I don't know if this is the problem or not. If so I don't know what to add there. Thanks

Thank you very much guys, this is the best support thread ever, quick response, Mark put a lot of effort into this. I found the problem i didn't noticed that the path in the .htaccess was wrong, :) i was tired last night this is probably why. :) i will donate to this contribution it works fine so far. I'm going to try a few things to see and let you guys know if any problem occurs.

Hi,

I am also very new to SEO G and Just Installed it, I am testing it on Apache+Php server on localhost and recreated links leds me to the Error 404 page NOT fount.

Please Help me, I have followed the install instructions correctly.

Regards

Arvind Sedha

I have installed SEO-G and it does create the correct URLs. The problem I am having is that when I click on a Product image or link the correct URL is there but a blank page is displayed. Only in Administration SEO - G Types I see that there are no secondary handlers listed for Manufacturers and Categories. I don't know if this is the problem or not. If so I don't know what to add there. Thanks

Post your catalog\includes\configure.php (minus the database sensitive info.)

Hi,

I am also very new to SEO G and Just Installed it, I am testing it on Apache+Php server on localhost and recreated links leds me to the Error 404 page NOT fount.

Please Help me, I have followed the install instructions correctly.

Regards

Arvind Sedha

Please post your catalog\includes\configure.php and .htaccess of the catalog.

Post your catalog\includes\configure.php (minus the database sensitive info.)

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/07/09 01:15:48 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://uscountyhistories.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://uscountyhistories.com.sslpowered.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'uscountyhistories.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'uscountyhistories.com.sslpowered.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/usch/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/usch/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/usch/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/usch/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'MYSQLHOST'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

?>

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/07/09 01:15:48 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://uscountyhistories.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://uscountyhistories.com.sslpowered.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'uscountyhistories.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'uscountyhistories.com.sslpowered.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/usch/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/usch/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/usch/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/usch/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'MYSQLHOST'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

?>

#-MS- SEO-G Added

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /usch/catalog/

#-MS- SEO-G Added EOM

#-MS- SEO-G Added

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /usch/catalog/