• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SEO-G

I do not see any reference to this question, as this is the reason I was never able to install the Ultimate SEO contribution was becuase my server is Windows 2003 using IIS 6. Does this contribution work with Windows Server 2003 and IIS6?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see any reference to this question, as this is the reason I was never able to install the Ultimate SEO contribution was becuase my server is Windows 2003 using IIS 6. Does this contribution work with Windows Server 2003 and IIS6?

There is a reference to your question in the documentation near the version information:

Requirements: Apache Server.

Do you have an official link to download the IIS versions in order to test them? Needless to say has to be free of charge. Otherwise I cannot support anything like that. I don't even use it.

Yes the configuration settings should be run once. If you need to upgrade then theoretically you should remove the configuration switches first (one by one) using phpmyadmin.

There is an alternative.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5040

You could install it and then run the configuration options select the remove duplicates and it will remove an extra set. You have to run it few times in your case till the list comes up clean. You should also backup your database before installing it.

Sweet goodness, I'm almost there. So, everything almost works -- the urls are showing up correctly, but they're not taking me to the proper page. Please take a quick look at my homepage, and click on one of the products:

www.geekfitters.com

Yes, I realize it's ugly, but I'll work on the aesthetics later. Anyways, if you have any thoughts on why it's like that, please let me know!

Thank you!

Chris

Yes the configuration settings should be run once. If you need to upgrade then theoretically you should remove the configuration switches first (one by one) using phpmyadmin.

There is an alternative.

You could install it and then run the configuration options select the remove duplicates and it will remove an extra set. You have to run it few times in your case till the list comes up clean. You should also backup your database before installing it.

Sweet goodness, I'm almost there. Thanks for your contribution -- it appears to have worked. So, everything almost works -- the urls are showing up correctly, but they're not taking me to the proper page. Please take a quick look at my homepage, and click on one of the products:

www.geekfitters.com

Yes, I realize it's ugly, but I'll work on the aesthetics later. Anyways, if you have any thoughts on why it's like that, please let me know!

Thank you!

Chris

Ok so it could be the .htaccess at the root level. Do you have such a file?

http://dotlemon.com/.htaccess

and if so, is there something that appends the extra slash? The links are working if I remove this extra slash btw.

http://dotlemon.com/catalog/product_george...size-grill.html

This is the .htaccess residing in http://dotlemon.com The Russians seem to have put this here in response to my concerns about a redirect as an index.html document being search engine unfriendly.

Redirect 301 /index.html http://dotlemon.com/catalog/index.php

Doesn't look harmful, though ?

and there is one other possiblity. Check if you have another configure.php in catalog\includes\local\ directory. If so it takes precedence. (shouldn't be there normally).

Yes Mark, There's a configure.php and a readme file which says the following:

This directory contains local configuration information.

It also must contain a file named configure.php that can be used to override the defaults set in application_top.php

Remember to execute PHP commands the file needs to start with <?php and end with ?>

This is the file (stripped of any sensitive details, of course).

I don't know if it's relevant, but the define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', ''); ended dotlemon.com/

whereas the define('DIR_FS_LOGS', ''); ends dotlemon.com without the slash?

<?

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://dotlemon.com/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '');

define('DIR_FS_LOGS', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', 0);

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', '');

define('CONFIGURE_STATUS_COMPLETED', );

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

See anything in there ?

Thanks Mark

nice work mark :thumbsup:

i installed your contribution this morning and it works fine. but at 2 points i got error messages.

First is the link to the catalog-rootdir in the header navigation. This points to index.html.

Secound is the manufactures drop-down. Is there a solution yet?

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Yes Mark, There's a configure.php and a readme file which says the following:

This directory contains local configuration information.

It also must contain a file named configure.php that can be used to override the defaults set in application_top.php

Remember to execute PHP commands the file needs to start with <?php and end with ?>

This is the file (stripped of any sensitive details, of course).

I don't know if it's relevant, but the define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', ''); ended dotlemon.com/

whereas the define('DIR_FS_LOGS', ''); ends dotlemon.com without the slash?

<?

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '');

define('DIR_FS_LOGS', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', 0);

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', '');

define('CONFIGURE_STATUS_COMPLETED', );

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

See anything in there ?

Thanks Mark

I see, it's this line here:

change it to:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://dotlemon.com');

HTTP_SERVER must be server, no trailing slash or paths appended to it.

nice work mark :thumbsup:

i installed your contribution this morning and it works fine. but at 2 points i got error messages.

First is the link to the catalog-rootdir in the header navigation. This points to index.html.

Secound is the manufactures drop-down. Is there a solution yet?

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

It will point to the index.html because SEO-G will translate the links (by default index.php -> index.html). As of the manufacturer drop-down lists it's documented (under the known issues):

- Some of the osC stock drop-down lists (ex: manufacturers) do not use the tep_href_link function so the manufacturer id is not translated with the url but is appended separately. As mentioned earlier it is essential for links to be filtered via the tep_href_link function for SEO-G to be effective.

So unless a link goes through the tep_href_link function no translation will be made.

This is the .htaccess residing in http://dotlemon.com The Russians seem to have put this here in response to my concerns about a redirect as an index.html document being search engine unfriendly.

Redirect 301 /index.html http://dotlemon.com/catalog/index.php

Doesn't look harmful, though ?

not that's not causing the problem, the local configure.php file does as I mentioned. Change it and test it.

Sweet goodness, I'm almost there. Thanks for your contribution -- it appears to have worked. So, everything almost works -- the urls are showing up correctly, but they're not taking me to the proper page. Please take a quick look at my homepage, and click on one of the products:

www.geekfitters.com

Thank you!

Chris

did you remove the .htaccess or something? Can you double check that file if its present and modified as per the instructions?

There is a reference to your question in the documentation near the version information:

Do you have an official link to download the IIS versions in order to test them? Needless to say has to be free of charge. Otherwise I cannot support anything like that. I don't even use it.

I do apologize about that. Crap this sucks, I was all excited about using this and then it requires Apache. No way for it to work with IIS?

I have been looking for an alternative to chemos as it clashes badly with header tags contrib

just a quick question:

I notice you are adding updates quite rapidly .. do you think now is a good time to install or do you expect to do more updates in the near future?

cheers and well done

I do apologize about that. Crap this sucks, I was all excited about using this and then it requires Apache. No way for it to work with IIS?

Well, I am sure it can be done and should be very easy (some notation difference in other words). But I don't know how because I don't have an IIS server installed. So I am in the dark about it. Go here:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/microsoft_asp_net/

post a question and include the documented section from SEO-G, they should be able to answer it as these guys probably have all the necessary tools for IIS and the expertise. It should be an ISAPI rewrite that needs to be done to support it. I don't believe you would need to change any of the php code.

I have been looking for an alternative to chemos as it clashes badly with header tags contrib

just a quick question:

I notice you are adding updates quite rapidly .. do you think now is a good time to install or do you expect to do more updates in the near future?

cheers and well done

There were several updates to remove bugs especially in the catalog\includes\classes\seo_url.php file. There will be more updates mainly for the admin end now, as I think the catalog seo url class is stable enough - and you have the safe mode of operation that takes care of many issues with heavily customized osc stores.

You may see some of the updates coming up in the following week. This is also proportional to the number of requests I receive about bug fixes. If a critical issue is discovered I will do an update asap.

If you install it I would recommend to do it locally first. (in your local system setup an apache server, mysql, php, your osc store and this module) then examine the generated links and test the store. Once you're happy with it, you update your live store. This way you can safely test new updates of this module locally, before risking changes to your live store. I do that with all contributions not only with SEO-G.

Hi

I have installed this module and it works great :)

I have MVS installed and when I go to checkout_shipping.php I get the following error

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/sites/mywebsite.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 48

The lines from that file are...

$include_modules = array();
  if ( (tep_not_null($module)) && (in_array(substr($module['id'], 0, strpos($module['id'], '_')) . '.' . substr($PHP_SELF, (strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.')+1)), $modules_array)) ) {
	$include_modules[] = array('class' => substr($module['id'], 0, strpos($module['id'], '_')), 
							   'file' => substr($module['id'], 0, strpos($module['id'], '_')) . '.' . substr($PHP_SELF, (strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.')+1)));
  } else {

>>> Line 48 >>>>>  reset($modules_array); <<<<< Line 48 <<<<<

foreach ($installed_modules_array as $value) {
	  $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
	  $include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 
								 'file' => $value);
	}//foreach
  }//if tep_not_null

Any help appreciated

Thanks

I see, it's this line here:

change it to:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://dotlemon.com');

HTTP_SERVER must be server, no trailing slash or paths appended to it.

Thanks Mark, that did it.

I've been trying to explain to my family and friend about SEO and page rankings etc. and how crucial to search engine placement this contribution was. They seem to think if it looks good and has good product then it'll sell itself.

I had to explain - that's like a ferrari without wheels. Thanks for the wheels Mark.

Ironic thing is, if I'd had this sort of support with installing the last SEO contrib. (which must have suffered from the same problem) I wouldn't have found this excellent one. Some things work in mysterious ways!

Thanks again and all the best,

Paul

There is an alternative.

www.geekfitters.com

Thank you!

Chris

www.geekfitters.com

Thank you!

Chris

www.geekfitters.com

Thank you!

Chris

Chris, see my post above, Did you change the .htaccess of your store? Check again the install instructions make sure you did apply all changes.

Hi

I have installed this module and it works great :)

I have MVS installed and when I go to checkout_shipping.php I get the following error

The lines from that file are...

$include_modules = array();
  if ( (tep_not_null($module)) && (in_array(substr($module['id'], 0, strpos($module['id'], '_')) . '.' . substr($PHP_SELF, (strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.')+1)), $modules_array)) ) {
	$include_modules[] = array('class' => substr($module['id'], 0, strpos($module['id'], '_')), 
							   'file' => substr($module['id'], 0, strpos($module['id'], '_')) . '.' . substr($PHP_SELF, (strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.')+1)));
  } else {
 >>> Line 48 >>>>>  reset($modules_array); <<<<< Line 48 <<<<<
	foreach ($installed_modules_array as $value) {
	  $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
	  $include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 
								 'file' => $value);
	}//foreach
  }//if tep_not_null

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ok and what happens if you switch off SEO-G (from the master switch), the error goes away? This looks like an MVS issue

Ok and what happens if you switch off SEO-G (from the master switch), the error goes away? This looks like an MVS issue

Yes it does go away

When I select all the products from my catalog admin : G-Controller ->products I get this message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/imbracat/public_html/admin/includes/classes/seo_products.php on

line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imbracat/public_html/admin/includes/classes/seo_products.php:108) in /home/imbracat/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

When I select all the products from my catalog admin : G-Controller ->products I get this message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/imbracat/public_html/admin/includes/classes/seo_products.php on

line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imbracat/public_html/admin/includes/classes/seo_products.php:108) in /home/imbracat/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

see post #12 in this thread

Yes it does go away

I see, did you follow the instructions in the SEO-G document?

Item-9

Also note, you need to port any custom modifications you have in that particular section of the application_top.php (now enclosed with the SEO-G tags) into the catalog\root.php. The included root.php uses part of the stock osC application_top.php file. Markers are placed in the included root.php file to help you compare and place if necessary the equivalent code from application_top.php

Did you port your custom changes from the application_top.php into the root.php? There is an mvs section close to where the seo-g instantiates its class. Make sure the files are consistent (application_top.php and root.php)