• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.49 & Article Management problem

picnick

Hi out there,

still want to integrate NewsDesk in my osCommerce project ( v2.2 ms2 ). Everything worked fine on localhost, but online ..

In the Admin Panel of NewsDesk I can click Article Management, but all I get is a empty page with nothin on it.

Maybe you have a hint for me..

and of couse I done everything the Install.txt teaches me.

Thanks a lot,

picnick

i got the exact problem, i turned on error reporting in my .htaccess file and got this.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /usr/xxxxx/htdocs/xx_admin_xx/newsdesk.php on line 16

wich is this part

16:	try {
17:		if (file_exists($filename)) unlink($filename);
18:	}

whats wrong ??

• 2 weeks later...

I am also getting the exact same error. Does anybody have any info on this? I followed the install line by line 3 times now and still get this. Brand new install of OSC 2.2 MS 2

Also have issues from News desk that are giving me errors on the catalog side but I figure I'll take care of one thing at a time.

Thanks

Hi all,

I am also getting this, so either there is something fundamentally wrong with this piece of code, or it is incredibly easy for us to make a mistake during the install.

Either way, I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can post the solution here?

Thanks

Hi,

For anyone still looking to "fix" this - I have simply taken the appropriate newsdesk.php file from version 1.48 and used it in conjunction with the rest of the 1.49 files. Seems to work fine.

• 4 months later...

Hi All:

While I am running Newsdesk at my laptop, that is working pefect, but after I uploaded this upto my web space. I got the exact the same problem.

artical management is blank. and I havt restalled this for so many times.

and I just realized that, my laptop is using PHP 5.2.3, and the web space is using PHP 4.0.1, I think that might the difference to make this error.

but I don't know howt to solve this issue.

anybody please help. ...

Hi,

For anyone still looking to "fix" this - I have simply taken the appropriate newsdesk.php file from version 1.48 and used it in conjunction with the rest of the 1.49 files. Seems to work fine.

Thanks a lot....

I am using the version 1.48 and the rest of 1.49. and I solve the problem....

thanks again