• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate Tricky Problem...

FixItPete

I am running an older version of easypopulate, 2.74 MS-2...

The trouble is with:

// **** Max Category Levels ****
// change this if you need more or fewer categories
global $max_categories;
$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

I have tried setting it to 7, 9, and higher... when I set it higher some of my category pages look all messed up. The pictures aren't in the right place, etc. I suspect because it is adding additional empty fields...

None the less, can somebody tell me what the point of this is? Can I still add new productions, etc. via my EasyPopulate file?

Any ideas?

Some of my products are 4 or more "level" up...

Thanks for any help,

Pete

I find the fun in everything.

Sorry if I wasn't clear... even when it is set to 3, if I use EP to create, download, and then upload (not changing a thing) -- the uploaded file screws up the way the categories looks.

After fiddling with this, I've discovered the Easy Populate is waaaay too buggy to use. All I am doing, in order is:

1) Create entire file

2) Download

3) re-Upload

I'm not changing a thing.

When I go to look at my site, the category name and the category pictures are all out of alignment and generally look like crap.

I give up.

Pete

No replies... makes me wonder why. ;)

Anyway -- I ended up going back to MS Access w/ ODBC.

I'll check back from time to time when a more usable version of EP arrives...

No replies... makes me wonder why. ;)

Anyway -- I ended up going back to MS Access w/ ODBC.

I'll check back from time to time when a more usable version of EP arrives...

I'm a newbie. Looking a way to load a new store with out issues. How do you use MS Access? Any tips. Did you create a custom template?

Thanks

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I believe that Google only searches 3 categories deep (yes/no?). So it might be a good thing you couldn't figure it out. ;)

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I believe that Google only searches 3 categories deep (yes/no?). So it might be a good thing you couldn't figure it out. ;)

I don’t have a solution unfortunately. I am having issues with EasyPopulate as well. When I upload the product description etc. They do not appear in my store. The inventory stays as is.

In response to your category levels, having an excess of three levels is not ideal for any web store. You want to have repeat clients. The more complex it is to navigate, the less likely you online shop will grow.