• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up countries/zones

SweetiesDirect

Hiya,

I've been trying to setup my store http://www.sweetiesdirect.co.uk so that customers from other countries can setup an account and buy from me.

Basically want all countries in the world to be listed in the country drop-down box, and be able to set appropriate TAX and shipping to the various countries. (17.5% VAT applicable to EU residents, no tax to others, only offer airmail to foreign countries etc.)

Is there a way to easily add the countries without entering each one manually? (I did try a contrib that I came across, but no joy)

Also, I've installed the UK zones contrib, meaning that I now have a list of zones - one for each UK county. Can I make these appear in a drop down box for the account creation?

I'm going to keep playing, and may well come up with what I want before anybody else even sees this thread, but any input would be appreciated :D

Thanks,

Marc

See, I knew by having a play I'd make at lease some progress :D

I've now successfully setup a selection of countries and zones within those countries.

However, when a customer completes the form to create an account, they get a text box to enter their state/province. After they click the complete button, they get an error message;

" Please select a state from the States pull down menu."

And the state/province box is replaced by a pull down box.

How can I get it so that the state pull down box automatically appears and lists the appropriate states for the country they selected?

Thanks,

Hi Marc

Maybe you could explain it to me. We're in France, we ship to France, EU, and US. At present, we add the shipping manually after, as a precentage of the order value according to the destination. We draw the customers attention to the "shipping and returns" information to advise them what we're going to charge, but its really very unprofessional. I'd like to know how to create these three zones, and to apply the different shipping rates, and also how to compose the script to allow rates depending on value as opposed to weight. The weight option is a possibility if necessary. So, if you could even point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Jerome

Hi Marc

Maybe you could explain it to me. We're in France, we ship to France, EU, and US. At present, we add the shipping manually after, as a precentage of the order value according to the destination. We draw the customers attention to the "shipping and returns" information to advise them what we're going to charge, but its really very unprofessional. I'd like to know how to create these three zones, and to apply the different shipping rates, and also how to compose the script to allow rates depending on value as opposed to weight. The weight option is a possibility if necessary. So, if you could even point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Jerome

Ok, got the script cracked :D for percentage rates. Just the zones/countries bit to figure out

Archived