• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anybody knows a "perfect" alternative to PayPal?

benspun

Anybody knows a "perfect" (or at least a "good") alternative to PayPal?

PayPal has many drawbacks, e.g. they have the habit of freezing accounts out of the blue without giving much details about it (a client of mine had their account frozen 3 times over 3 weeks!) and their customer service is notoriously terribly poor or inexistant - at least that's my own experience. My satisfaction with them has slowly declined over the years I've used them and helped others to use them.

Many customers won't or can't pay by PayPal (e.g. their credit card is linked to a PayPal account which they have lost the password, or which is frozen, or "limited for security purposes", etc.)

PayPal also has some strong restrictions for countries outside of North Amerca & Europe (generally speaking):

Most african countries can't use PayPal, and many times users of developping countries find themselves simply unable to use PayPal after a little while because they can't complete PayPal's verification process, which works *only* with a credit card in many countries (Credit cards are not much common and not so much used in most countries of this planet. In Canada & the US, credit cards are used everywhere. But elsewhere it's surprisingly not the case: In Germany, it's very rare that shops accept them, in India only the upper-class of the population has, etc.)

PayPal is perhaps a good solution for North America & Europe, but it is definitively not a good one for most other countries.

I am then searching a reliable payment processing method for my clients, to permit them to accept payments on their website easily.

They are from different places in the world: US, Canada, Europe, India, Israel, Africa, etc.

A Merchant Account is not the ideal solution, as it is often long & tedious to setup and, most of the time, is available only in the US, or Canada, etc. (the country in which the company is).

The ideal payment processor would be, like PayPal, that the customer can pay on the spot, without creating an account. Just a plain "credit card processing" company.

Anyone knows of such a good credit card processing company existing?

Which one is your preferred, and why?

Thanks for all the feedback!

Regards,

-Ben Martin