• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal pro

grantli2002

I'm trying to use paypal pro as the merchant account for this site. I have uploaded the files, but I couldn't run the sql scripts. the following are the instructions:

Once you have copied the files, you need to run two small SQL scripts, paypal_wpp.sql and pwa.sql, both in this directory. The command to run them may vary depending on your database name and user, but will look something like:

mysql -u oscommerce -p oscommerce < paypal_wpp.sql

mysql -u oscommerce -p oscommerce < pwa.sql

This is beyond my knowledge. Here is what I did to run the sql:

I log into my web hosting lunarpages

Then I click the "Control Panel"

click "Go to cPanel"

In the pop up window, I click MySQL Databases

Then I click the phpMyAdmin at the most bottom of the page.

In the new window, I click the "Show MySQL runtime information"

Then I click the "SQL" tab on top

Then under the Run SQL..., I entered the clause

mysql -u twoad3_osc1 -p twoad3_osc1 < paypal_wpp.sql

my database name is twoad3_osc1 and the user name is twoad3_os1 as well (from the cPanel)

And it didn't work, giving me error message. #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax

I know very little about php or sql, so please tell me what did I do wrong.

OK. I got a friend helping me run the sql. That part is solved. But then when I try to configure the payment module, I entered all the information such as:

API Username

API Password

API Signature

Then I got the following two messages. What am I supposed to do now?

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onead3/public_html/admin/modules.php:46) in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

You're using PayPal's "official" version, which while is based on the contribution from here, is maintained entirely by them. Support questions like this would best be answered by their support staff.

The latest version of the module that I've been developing here is 0.9, which can be downloaded from here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

If you can't the official version to work, the one here is really stable.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.