• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Test Mode??

FnF

Can anyone tell me how to switch my PayPal module to test mode so I can sandbox some tests?

I've read about it on the forums here for two hours, and can't find that switch anywhere? :blush:

Can anyone tell me how to switch my PayPal module to test mode so I can sandbox some tests?

I've read about it on the forums here for two hours, and can't find that switch anywhere? :blush:

In the paypal settings in admin

admin/modules/payment/paypal and hit edit.

Hey thanks for the reply,

I dont seem to have that type of module or something. Nothing there that even starts with a "T", let alone their word Test.

Edited by FnF

Hey thanks for the reply,

I dont seem to have that type of module or something. Nothing there that even starts with a "T", let alone their word Test.

What paypal module do you have installed?

I'm not sure what one Leslie ...It only came with one. Maybe that's it, I need something in addition?

This one has

• Enable
  • Currency
  • Zone
  • Order Status
  • Display order

I need something else to be able to put it into live or test mode dont I? :huh:

I got it.

I needed to install the PayPal ipn module. Man I can't believe it took 48 hours of searching to come up with enough info to make this assumption.

...and it looks like there's a ton of members with the same problems.

To any newbies reading this, you cannot test via the sandbox with the standard PayPal module.

I got it.

I needed to install the PayPal ipn module. Man I can't believe it took 48 hours of searching to come up with enough info to make this assumption.

...and it looks like there's a ton of members with the same problems.

To any newbies reading this, you cannot test via the sandbox with the standard PayPal module.

Well done.

I'll bet you learned a lot from all of the searching.

I've been trying to get a couple of threads stickied in here, but the moderators are non-responsive. If anyone has an open line with anyone of them, let me know.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.