• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My host change Apache versions

pfilias

Network Solutions seems to have changed from Apache 1.x to Apache 2.2 per our discussion.

If you go to my customer's site, www.ethnigraphics.com, the links all take you to broken links.

For example, if you click: Just for Babies, it takes you here:

http://www.ethnigraphics.com/-c-26.html

This is some information they sent me, after the fact:

NOTE: The following server variables will not return a proper path:

SCRIPT_NAME

SCRIPT_FILENAME

PHP_SELF

We should advise the customer to use the absolute path for SCRIPT_NAME and SCRIPT_FILENAME. For PHP_SELF, they should just use the filename (i.e. file.php) or $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'].

I looked all through the SEO Urls settings to try and make the paths work, but I'm having no luck. I feel bad for my customer as they have a national newspaper running an ad for them. This is really going to impact them.

If anyone has any help, please let me know. Thanks.

Can somebody please tell me what problems may have arisen with Network Solutions switching my hosting environment from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2?

The store is basically broken after this happened.

I'm not sure how to fix the problem, but it appears to be related to the SEO Urls redirection from the old default urls (which are still appearing for whatever reason), so maybe turn that off for a temporary fix.

Also, the 'broken links' should still work if the re-write settings in htaccess are set correctly, as they are only missing the product names. Download SEO Urls, and reinstall the part involving htaccess for another temporary fix.. (maybe this worked as is before, but your new apache install doesn't due to not understanding your .htaccess file).

Scott

no outside links please

go here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823

download the one from jpweber (25 Nov 2006) extract the archive replace your catalog\includes\classes\seo.class.php

Do a backup before replacing. Once you have it working you could check the latest updates for this contribution.

I am giving that a shot as we speak.

I am trying to PM you, enigma1, but it's not submitting in the PM area. :(

I am giving that a shot as we speak.

I am trying to PM you, enigma1, but it's not submitting in the PM area. :(

Hmm...tried the new seo class.

Still breaking. Hmmm.. Any other ideas?

Click any category if you have a moment.

Can somebody please tell me what problems may have arisen with Network Solutions switching my hosting environment from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2?

The store is basically broken after this happened.

I tried turning off the SEO URLs, and it almost appears to work, but it ends up redirecting over and over, giving this error:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

when you replaced that file did you clear the seo cache? There are a bunch of switches in osc admin one of them is to reset it. Other than that check the contribution thread, there might be someone else with the same problem.

Well well well... I went back to the original SEO URL file and looked at the instructions that go along with it. I then looked at my .htaccess file and saw that there was nothing in there for the rewrites.

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I made that change and now it works.

I know it's working now but your SEO Urls installation doesn't appear to be complete yet. Try reinstalling the part that involves modifing the tep_href_link function in includes/html_output.php so that your links are created correctly and not just redirected.

Scott

no outside links please

I know it's working now but your SEO Urls installation doesn't appear to be complete yet. Try reinstalling the part that involves modifing the tep_href_link function in includes/html_output.php so that your links are created correctly and not just redirected.

Scott

I wonder if the SEO URL Installation has anything to do with my product info pages not working properly.

I have the MaxiDVD Ultimate Image Pack installed, but when when you click an item to enlarge it, the popup page that comes up is wrong, resulting in a 401 Error.

Also, even though I have two images for most products, only the SECOND image shows up on the product info page. I can't believe all the grief that happened with my host switching to Apache 2.2 as well as possibly restoring some of my files to older versions????

It could be related, as SEO Urls creates **-pi-**.html files for product images.

This again could be related to the tep_href_link function as these are not be generated either.

EDIT: This is not a SEO Urls problem as http://www.ethnigraphics.com/-pi-106.html?ℑ=0 produces the same problem.

Scott

no outside links please

The one from Randelia, Nov 7 2005?

I made that change, but nothing seems to have changed. Also, I'm still having problems with my product_info.php page of not showing all the images on the item and the popup not working.

I'll have to revisit that page separately (as part of the contribution I used).

Damn the host!

It could be related, as SEO Urls creates **-pi-**.html files for product images.

This again could be related to the tep_href_link function as these are not be generated either.

EDIT: This is not a SEO Urls problem as http://www.ethnigraphics.com/-pi-106.html?ℑ=0 produces the same problem.

Scott

Is that the URL that the popup_image.php file is trying to load? If so, it looks like it's not doing the URL writing properly in that file.

Woe is me.

I have reverted back to the STOCK product_info.php file, and it's still not loading the normal enlarged image.

I'm perplexed as to why the product info page doesn't work after all this fumbling. :(

This stuff is so complicated for me, still. :(

The http://www.ethnigraphics.com/product-name-...ml?ℑ=0 is what should be loaded when SEO Urls is working correctly, as I said before I think the problem lies within the function tep_href_link, reinstall that part of SEO Urls so it is clearer which part needs to be corrected.

Reinstalling product_info.php is not likely to fix the problem because product_info.php calls other files which could reply on edits you have made and the problem is obviously part of another one of those files.

Reinstalling any part of your multiple image contribrution that deals with the catalog side, ie. popup_image.php may help with the problem. You may need to reinstall it completely as you have replaced your product_info.php

Scott

no outside links please

The http://www.ethnigraphics.com/product-name-...ml?ℑ=0 is what should be loaded when SEO Urls is working correctly, as I said before I think the problem lies within the function tep_href_link, reinstall that part of SEO Urls so it is clearer which part needs to be corrected.

Reinstalling product_info.php is not likely to fix the problem because product_info.php calls other files which could reply on edits you have made and the problem is obviously part of another one of those files.

Reinstalling any part of your multiple image contribrution that deals with the catalog side, ie. popup_image.php may help with the problem. You may need to reinstall it completely as you have replaced your product_info.php

Scott

I already did install the part of the SEO URLs that deals with the tep_href_link. That didn't seem to do it. Also, if I turn OFF SEO URLs, having that tep_href_link change done, the site continually tries to redirect into oblivion.

Archived