• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to put the 'powered by' back?

SweetiesDirect

I inherited the foundations of my store from somebody else, and have begun building on them to create my own unique design.

However, it would seem that the previous owners removed the 'powered by osCommerce line from the page footer.

I'd like to put this back, so I can post a link to my site on here and obtain some feedback on what I've done so far. How do I put it back?

Thanks,

Marc

• 2 months later...
The very bottom of your catalog/includes/languages/english.php file should say the following:

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright © ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . STORE_NAME . '</a><br>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a>');

?>

I'm having a similar problem. I'm not a tech person. I had the site built by "professionals" who I've come to realize will end up costing me an arm and a leg to answer all my questions. After finding this forum, I too wanted to submit my site for review, but don't have the Powered By info. I found the file you mention, but the copy was already there. Since OSC is only part of the site, the footer at the bottom of all my pages are the same, whether the main site or the shopping cart. It gives the store info (address, number, etc.) and the site developer's name. Is there a way to keep this, but to also add Powered By for JUST the shopping cart area?

thanks.

Archived