Sign in to follow this  
aharzand

USPS V2 shipping module adding excess weight

I'm having a problem with the USPS V2 shipping module where it is adding extra weight to the product weight I have specified. For instance if I have one item in my cart at 1 lbs, the module is totalling the weight to 4 lbs (It says 1 x 4lbs). But if I have 3 items at 1 lbs, it totals the weight to 6 lbs (showing 1 x 6 lbs instead of 3 x 1 lbs as I would expect). Has anyone experience this or know what I could be doing wrong? Thanks.

Arash

I'm having a problem with the USPS V2 shipping module where it is adding extra weight to the product weight I have specified. For instance if I have one item in my cart at 1 lbs, the module is totalling the weight to 4 lbs (It says 1 x 4lbs). But if I have 3 items at 1 lbs, it totals the weight to 6 lbs (showing 1 x 6 lbs instead of 3 x 1 lbs as I would expect). Has anyone experience this or know what I could be doing wrong? Thanks.

Arash

Im having the same thing happen on my site www.roxorideshop.com

its calculating anything under 3lbs as (1 X 3lbs) Anybody know the issues?!

That's what it was thanks. Just goto Admin>Configuration>Shipping/Packaging section and set the Tare Weight to 0.

http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/e_...gpackaging.html

well, I visited that link to the knowledge base, where the snapshot they've displayed of admin/config/shipping/packing is way different than mine! mine looks like this:

snap1.gif

notice there is no "default shipping unit" to configure (default shipping weight by ounces, pounds, grams, etc).

Also, any idea why my admin layout looks so different? A different version of OSC maybe?

oops, looks like the link I used to insert the snapshot of my admin panel didn't work.

Well, take my word for it, the "default shipping unit" is not available for editing--my admin panel doesn't have little "wrench" icons to the right of the editable values, it has instead an "edit" button. Again, I must be using a different version of OSC.

So--how can I get my "default shipping unit" value back?

Thanks...