• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate question pls help

Hello,

Im (obviously) new to EP and OSC but have a good understanding of PHP.

I installed EP v2.76d MS2 with no problems.

I then wiped all default categories and products, including attributes. Then I manually created two categories, CATa and CATb. I then manually created 1 fake product in each category. Everything viewed fine, looking good.

Then I downloaded a complete .txt file via EasyPopulate. It has the normal default tab seperators BTW and there are no abormal characters etc. Then to test things, before I even so much as touched the file, I uploaded it via EP..... it showed me blah blah SUCCESS.......blah blah SUCCESS. I then went to view my categories and each product was gone. No products to be found. Anyone have any idea what Im doing wrong? The fields looked fine when viewed in Excel, everything checks out.......but I cant even upload the first complete .txt successfully. I even went so far as to re-install OSC and EP and same thing. *sigh* This seems like this should work slick as snot and I have 4,000 products to upload.

Can anyone help? LOL even the manual says "go ask in the forum" and was no help to me. Hopefully one of you guys or gals can! :blink:

Thanks so much for any and all help in advance, I really need to get this going and I dont see any problems :'(

HerpAddict87

Hmm ok .......hehe what am I doing wrong?

I just reinstalled OSC and EP instead this time I left the default categories, sub categories and products.

Went to EP, downloaded the complete .txt, then uploaded it and it worked fine.

So I am obviously mussing things up when I delete all default categories, sub cats and products.

How do I install OSC without all the default cats and products? This is obviously where Im messing things up.

?? Thx

Edited by Herpaddict87

You probably would have received an answer right away if you had posted the question in the support thread. That's where the people that use it most will see it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons