• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate Support Question

Limbo

Good evening,

I am new to OSCommerce, EasyPopulate and it has to be said, shopping carts and databases in general. I am working on a shop at the moment so everything is in a test database.

I have downloaded EasyPopulate EP_v2_74_MS2 and installed it. I can download a file from the database to my machine ok.

However, when I tried uploading the same file to the database using EasyPopulate I got the following message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom//catalog/temp/Copy of EP2007Apr04-0012.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phppFY36H' to '/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom//catalog/temp/Copy of EP2007Apr04-0012.txt' in /home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phppFY36H

User filename: Copy of EP2007Apr04-0012.txt

Size: 1526

Warning: file(/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom//catalog/temp/Copy of EP2007Apr04-0012.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul Limb

Manchester UK

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

I had that problem at one let me try to remember what I did.

Thanks Bushmaster, any help from any other forum members would also be appreciated

Thanks Bushmaster, any help from any other forum members would also be appreciated

Must have been asleep when I read your post the first time your problem is in your configure.php file.

(/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom//catalog/temp/Copy of EP2007Apr04-0012.txt)

The double slash is the problem. Post your admin/includes/configure.php with your mysql info removed and we can get it straight.

I appreciate your help guys.

Had already set temp to 777.

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://xx-es.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://xx-es.co.uk');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://web76.secure-secure.co.uk');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/theblueroom/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/theblueroom/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/sites/xx-es.co.uk/public_html/theblueroom/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul

Just had a thought as i'm looking at this. Does this have something todo with the fact that I do not have a directory called 'catalog' ?

My oscommerce cart is in a directory called 'theblueroom'

Edited by Limbo

Just had a thought as i'm looking at this. Does this have something to do with the fact that I do not have a directory called 'catalog' ?

My oscommerce cart is in a directory called 'theblueroom'

Me again, have changed the following code in /theblueroom/admin/easypopulate.php

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

to

$tempdir = "/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

Now got a compeltely different message when i download the file re product_model field. Think i've seen some info on this elsewhere in the forum so will have a look around.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQxG3ui

User filename: Copy of EP2007Apr04-0012.txt

Size: 1526

| males_1.jp | XX_ES Part | XX_ES Wit | | 25 | 0.00 | | 2007-03-25 | 300 | | Party Nigh | | | Taxable Go | Active | Updated

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Thanks for your help so far. Sure there will be a million and one other questions as we go on.

Everyone starts somewhere !

I am having problems with the Easy Populate 2.76-MS2. It is installed correctly and receive no errors. The only problem is I do not seem to be able to successfully import my delimited file.

I added one record to it and updated the db - didn't add the product and no errors

Uploaded the file via ftp to the temp folder - added to db that way - no errors.

Still did not add that one record. Any suggestions?

I am having problems with the Easy Populate 2.76-MS2. It is installed correctly and receive no errors. The only problem is I do not seem to be able to successfully import my delimited file.

I added one record to it and updated the db - didn't add the product and no errors

Uploaded the file via ftp to the temp folder - added to db that way - no errors.

Still did not add that one record. Any suggestions?

Silly me....might help if I ensured that excel was saving the file the same way it was opened. I had to change the delimited character to tab in the easypopulate.php.

Now I just need to figure out how I can still use the ' character in my descriptions and such.