• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML 1.2.6 Ready To Ship Option questions/problems

Hello, I have the UPS XML 1.2.6 installed. I have a need to use the Ready To Ship feature for only a few of the products we carry, but then have all of the rest be calculated using the standard UPS method. I do not want to use the dimensional support for any products other than the ones designated ready to ship.

When I enable Ready To Ship I get the following outcomes:

1) For items that do not use the Ready To Ship designation: UPSXML returns 0 lbs total and calculates based on the minimum shipping weight/size.

2) 1 item designated ready to ship, 1 item supposed to be calculated normally: UPSXML returns 2 packages with 0 lbs total

With Ready To Ship turned off, standard shipping turned on, all calculations come out OK.

Correct me if I'm wrong. In reading the instructions for the dimensional support feature, I understood that the Ready To Ship option would be used to calculate any product that was designated as ready to ship in the admin section. All other products in the same order would then be grouped together and calculated using the standard UPS weight basis.

Am I reading or understanding something wrong? Should this be the outcome for the above scenarios?

Thank you for any help you can give.