• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

flash and STS

Imm

<_< Some problems... If I use flash templates into my osCommerce catalog, everything works fine but... if I used the same flashtemplates with STS the Flash doesn't appears.

Somebody any suggestion? Thanks if so!

<_< Some problems... If I use flash templates into my osCommerce catalog, everything works fine but... if I used the same flashtemplates with STS the Flash doesn't appears.

I am having a Flash issue as well. But I might be able to help you with yours. I have a Flash navigation bar in my header using STS. Mine shows up just fine. I used absolute addressing for the swf instead of relative. Check to see how you are calling for the Flash file. If it is a relative address, try starting with http:// and go from there.

The problem I am having is a real mystery to me. My Flash navigation is for pointing to 5 of the main categories. I have used the absolute category address for the buttons within the Flash movie. Outside the store pages everything works. It goes right to the category page from anywhere. I have used it in the main directory, a page inside a sub-directory, and page inside the "catalog" directory that I created for test, and on both html and php pages. But on store pages the swf shows up fine, the mouseover effects work (including and image change and a sound effect) but the hyperlink takes you nowhere. When you click nothing at all happens.

Does anyone know of any conflicts between Flash, oscommerce, and or STS? I'm using on (release) {getURL( .... on the buttons within Flash.

Thanks.

Well, I finally solved my problem. The version I had published the swf in didn't match the version code in the object tag. I'm still not sure why it would work outside the store pages but not inside. But I fixed the version number and all is well. So as long as it works ... right?

Imm, did you get your Flash to show up?

I use Flash in STS with no issues. Check your paths to your Flash File, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE