• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Server migration (cart contents not getting passed)

Hi,

I am not asking for anyone to do my work, but if you have a notion of what my problem might be, I would love to here it. I have ran out of leads. My site worked perfectly before I migrated.

CAUSE: I migrated my entire site to a new server. This server was running a current PHP version. I was running into permission problems with /images so it seemed liked it would be a good time to patch my cart and bring it up-to-date. So I installed the patches to make it 2.2 current.

EFFECT: When I am shopping, I can add things into my cart, but when I checkout it says there is nothing in my cart. But if I press "shopping cart" it shows me my list of products. Something is not meshing.

Also: If I log in as a existing user that already has products saved in there carts from a past session, I can see the old products that users previously had in a session in the upper right cart infobox. When I press shopping cart, there is nothing in the cart. The funny thing is that I can add items to the shopping cart, but the don't appear in checkout.....ONLY the old cart contents from a previous session can be purchased.

It is almost like I cave 2 separate carts. Users can only purchase Items they already had in there cart from a previous session and they can't modify those items in any way(delete or add new items.

Seems like an easy fix, I just am not sure where to begin, please put me on the right track, I will be monitoring this post, thanks....-cheeseandrice

Hi,

I am not asking for anyone to do my work, but if you have a notion of what my problem might be, I would love to here it. I have ran out of leads. My site worked perfectly before I migrated.

CAUSE: I migrated my entire site to a new server. This server was running a current PHP version. I was running into permission problems with /images so it seemed liked it would be a good time to patch my cart and bring it up-to-date. So I installed the patches to make it 2.2 current.

EFFECT: When I am shopping, I can add things into my cart, but when I checkout it says there is nothing in my cart. But if I press "shopping cart" it shows me my list of products. Something is not meshing.

Also: If I log in as a existing user that already has products saved in there carts from a past session, I can see the old products that users previously had in a session in the upper right cart infobox. When I press shopping cart, there is nothing in the cart. The funny thing is that I can add items to the shopping cart, but the don't appear in checkout.....ONLY the old cart contents from a previous session can be purchased.

It is almost like I cave 2 separate carts. Users can only purchase Items they already had in there cart from a previous session and they can't modify those items in any way(delete or add new items.

Seems like an easy fix, I just am not sure where to begin, please put me on the right track, I will be monitoring this post, thanks....-cheeseandrice

GOT IT

I am working perfectly now....fhew...

My config.php needed to be reconfigured......DUH.... When I migrated to a new server, they changed my SSL shared cert too. So I went into the config.php file and redifined the folowing. If you have a shared SSL cert then you must get the paths from your provider, they redirect you through their domain so there is no way to know what it is unless they tell you. If your provider has a gui that automatically installs OSC, then the paths should be good.....if you provider is worth a dam anyway....Any paths that have an https will need to be provided to you by your sever people. I will monitor this post and try to help out where I can...:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://hostblah.blahblah.com'); //ASK YOUR PROVIDER WHAT THIS SHOULD BE, 	
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://hostblah.blahblah.com');//ASK YOUR PROVIDER WHAT THIS SHOULD BE	
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true);			// secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'yoursite.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'hostblah.blahblah.com/yoursite');//ASK YOUR PROVIDER WHAT THIS SHOULD BE
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/yoursite/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/yoursite/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/yoursite/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/yoursite/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/yoursite/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'yourusername');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'yourpassword');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'yourdatabasename');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

• 2 months later...
GOT IT

My config.php needed to be reconfigured......DUH.... When I migrated to a new server, they changed my SSL shared cert too. So I went into the config.php file and redifined the folowing. If you have a shared SSL cert then you must get the paths from your provider, they redirect you through their domain so there is no way to know what it is unless they tell you. If your provider has a gui that automatically installs OSC, then the paths should be good.....if you provider is worth a dam anyway....Any paths that have an https will need to be provided to you by your sever people. I will monitor this post and try to help out where I can...:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://hostblah.blahblah.com'); //ASK YOUR PROVIDER WHAT THIS SHOULD BE, 	
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://hostblah.blahblah.com');//ASK YOUR PROVIDER WHAT THIS SHOULD BE	
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'hostblah.blahblah.com/yoursite');//ASK YOUR PROVIDER WHAT THIS SHOULD BE

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

WORKED A TREAT ...Cheers

• 2 months later...

I had the exact same problem and this worked for me, as well. Thanks!!!

GOT IT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had this problem and it was caused by Suhosin from the hardened php project. Suhosin is an advanced protection system for PHP installations. This was installed by default for my distro.

Solution:

In the configuration file for suhosin, set suhosin.session.cryptdocroot = Off.

For my installation the location of the configuration file is:

/etc/php.d/Z99_suhosin.ini

Archived