• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is there a way to put your store on a vacation hold

amitxox

is there a way to put your store on vacation hold. where by may be I could receive an order and/or the customers payment could be placed on hold ?

anyone has any ideas please do let me know.

best regards,

amit

I do no know if placing someones payment or order on hold would be a good idea after you've received it. You could add a redirect probably at the bottom of the catalog/includes/application_top.php page that would take your customers to your own page explaining the situation and when you may return.

Something like -

tep_redirect(tep_href_link('my_vacation_page.htm'));

You would need to add this new page to your catalog directory..

Lloyd

is there a way to put your store on vacation hold. where by may be I could receive an order and/or the customers payment could be placed on hold ?

anyone has any ideas please do let me know.

best regards,

amit

The Down For Maintenance contribution will make it so the site is still available but not useable. I don't think you can put payments on hold. And even if you could, it would probably create a lot of bad feelings and angry customers.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The contribution you want is called Disable Checkout.

The site remains functional and items can be added to the customers' carts but no-one can complete their order. A page is displayed where you can change this to say when you are re-opening.

The contribution you want is called Disable Checkout.

The site remains functional and items can be added to the customers' carts but no-one can complete their order. A page is displayed where you can change this to say when you are re-opening.

So is there a contribution like this somewhere on here ? If so can you forward me the link ?

Thanks

Amit

• 6 months later...