• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

display result of custom field on email order

ttetzloff

I created new two new fields (evening and daytime phone number) for the shipping destination. They display and store in the databse and website absolutely fine but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to display these values on the order email that goes to the client and store. I know the email is in checkout_process.php but I cannot figure out how to display these variables on the email. Please help. I created two new fields in the address book table titled entry_abphone_number and entry_abphone_number2. Please help. (This was previously posted, but the title of the topic was misleading)

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

-Tyler

-Tyler

UPDATE WITH SOLUTION!

I recieved help with this problem from another member of this forum and I figured that I would post the solution on here in

case anyone was having the same problem:

You want to add these new fields to the "query" and "cart" function in catalog/includes/classes/order.php so that they get

added to the $this->delivery array. You can then reference $order->delivery['abphone_number'] in checkout_process.php.

:thumbsup:

-Tyler

• 6 months later...
UPDATE WITH SOLUTION!

I recieved help with this problem from another member of this forum and I figured that I would post the solution on here in

case anyone was having the same problem:

You want to add these new fields to the "query" and "cart" function in catalog/includes/classes/order.php so that they get

added to the $this->delivery array. You can then reference $order->delivery['abphone_number'] in checkout_process.php.

:thumbsup:

I desperately need the same mods for a florist site I am creating, the two additional fields in the delivery address shooting to the email and the card message box..I am relatively new to php and mysql but can get around.

I found your tutorial on the additional message box but could you help me out with the code for the extra fields

would be much appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Thomas0012