• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Extra info pages

zefeena

My website is: http://corsetmaking.co.uk/store/

On the bottom left colum there are a few info page files - shiipin/contact etc.

I would like to add a similar collection of page files on the Right colum, above the 'language bit'.

This would be under the heading Sewing Info (or something!) and would have a collection of single page files helping customers with their projects.

Can anyone tell me how i might go about doing this, please? :'(

Once I had them in place, i think i could just about manage to go in and edit them to look and say what i want - as i have done with the shipping files etc.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

My website is: http://corsetmaking.co.uk/store/

On the bottom left colum there are a few info page files - shiipin/contact etc.

I would like to add a similar collection of page files on the Right colum, above the 'language bit'.

This would be under the heading Sewing Info (or something!) and would have a collection of single page files helping customers with their projects.

Can anyone tell me how i might go about doing this, please? :'(

Once I had them in place, i think i could just about manage to go in and edit them to look and say what i want - as i have done with the shipping files etc.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2021/

You could try this mod, if you think your upto the challenge.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2021/

You could try this mod, if you think your upto the challenge.

Hi,

I've used the contributions before - only one that's ever given me grief was the price break - which seems to work fine until it's combined with other things!

My only question is - which bit do i take the download from, there are so many additions, and i'm not sure if the later ones with bugs fixed etc, will have all the file i need?

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Hi,

I've used the contributions before - only one that's ever given me grief was the price break - which seems to work fine until it's combined with other things!

My only question is - which bit do i take the download from, there are so many additions, and i'm not sure if the later ones with bugs fixed etc, will have all the file i need?

I'd go with the latest version, the top one.

v4.6 Works with register_globals OFF

djmonkey1 - 3 Oct 2006

You do not really need a contribution you can follow the directions found in the knowledge base HERE The directions are for adding the link to the existing info box but you can add the link anywhere you prefer.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thank you to you both, I've printed of the info, and i'm going to have a read!

The knowledge base is a good place to start on tips and tricks for lots of things, including adding info boxes as the link in the other post suggests.

I use this mod HERE! for mine. Easy to manage, easy to install.

Tis all personal preference. :)

Archived