• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC SQL Database upload

suhy

Hello,

We will make an easy interface to update prices + quantities from our main selling program and system. We will export some data from our database and then overwrite old valus in the OSC database ....

Anyway .... Some time ago I noticed in one forum post some regulations what OSC database demands ... such as end string ..... etc ...

Hope that someone can point me out once again, so that our programmers could throw a look if there is something special they have to include ...

Thanks for your help,

Suhy

Hello,

We will make an easy interface to update prices + quantities from our main selling program and system. We will export some data from our database and then overwrite old valus in the OSC database ....

Anyway .... Some time ago I noticed in one forum post some regulations what OSC database demands ... such as end string ..... etc ...

Hope that someone can point me out once again, so that our programmers could throw a look if there is something special they have to include ...

Thanks for your help,

Suhy

you could use easy populate for this. Since you have programmers should be an easy task to modify the module for your needs and add more options for the fields to import/export.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

you could use easy populate for this. Since you have programmers should be an easy task to modify the module for your needs and add more options for the fields to import/export.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

I know EP contribution, but I think we'll go without it and will go to update directly to SQL from our main database;

- downlod SQL

- extract needed elements from our database

- populate SQL database (price + quantity) with new data from our database

- upload new SQL

We will use unique item model number which will be the same as in our main store database. Is there some unique info that our programmer should be aware of since he is not very familiar with OsCommerce, but he has SQL + php in a little finger he says :thumbsup:

So please if there is anything urgent to know hope someone will post it ...

Thanks and best regards,

Gregor

Archived