• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Froogle/Google Base, Yahoo, and Bizrate Feeds

Kawazu

Hello, I've recently been having a problem with my store feeds. Every time I try to run a feed I get a MySQL error message which basically says that there's an unknown column (example: ": SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT..."). If I go in and delete that particular line of code, it says the same thing with another column and if I delete that it does the same thing again picking a different column. I know those columns exist because otherwise my store wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure it's connecting to the right database and everything because there's no connection errors. I've used this before with no problems, but when I went to update the feeders for this month everything just broke. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

-Ian

Edited by Kawazu

Ian Osos

Web Developer

• 3 months later...
Hello, I've recently been having a problem with my store feeds. Every time I try to run a feed I get a MySQL error message which basically says that there's an unknown column (example: ": SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT..."). If I go in and delete that particular line of code, it says the same thing with another column and if I delete that it does the same thing again picking a different column. I know those columns exist because otherwise my store wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure it's connecting to the right database and everything because there's no connection errors. I've used this before with no problems, but when I went to update the feeders for this month everything just broke. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

-Ian

hi,

How r u? Can install this again. U can mistake with integration,

• 11 months later...

Ok, so I get google base running (froogle), and it works great

Now I decide to take the plunge on bizrate, and end up setting up a shopzilla account to do so, $50 later, and playing with the settings I finally manage to get my products listed....

My problem is it seems I cant have any products that have a description longer then 1000 characters.. most product descriptions in my catalog are MUCH MORE then 1000 characters..

Does anyone have a solution to this? A work around?

The only thing I have been considering is adding a Desc_bizrate for products.. so I can ensure that will be passed instead.

Any thanks would be appreciated, THANKS

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• 4 months later...

Well this is what I did,

look for this piece of code in catalog/admin/bizrate.php

preg_replace($_strip_search, $strip_replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $row->description) ) ) . "\t" .

and replace it with this,

preg_replace($_strip_search, $strip_replace, strip_tags( substr($row->description, 0, 999) ) ) . "\t" .

what it does is reads the first 1000 charaters of your description, 0 to 999. I know this works, hope this helps.

Ok, so I get google base running (froogle), and it works great

Now I decide to take the plunge on bizrate, and end up setting up a shopzilla account to do so, $50 later, and playing with the settings I finally manage to get my products listed....

My problem is it seems I cant have any products that have a description longer then 1000 characters.. most product descriptions in my catalog are MUCH MORE then 1000 characters..

Does anyone have a solution to this? A work around?

The only thing I have been considering is adding a Desc_bizrate for products.. so I can ensure that will be passed instead.

Any thanks would be appreciated, THANKS