• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offline Processing

samclarke

I put the quesiton to you guys that I would like, instead of using PayPal, Credit Cards etc. I would like that when I person fills in their 'Order Form' and submuits it to me, that it kind of eMails me the details for me to process offline.

I have credit card machines here at my warehouse and ive discovered it to be cheaper & easier for me to do this. Is it possible?

Do I have to change the payment forms etc.? Is there one readily availibe for me to download?

Sam

Yes, it's possible, but if Visa or Mastercard discover that you're having customer credit card info emailed to you, you will lose your merchant account and face some stiff penalties. If losing your ability to process credit cards would be detrimental to your business, you should sign up for a payment gateway. They only cost about $10-15/month + ~1%/transaction.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Yes, it's possible, but if Visa or Mastercard discover that you're having customer credit card info emailed to you, you will lose your merchant account and face some stiff penalties. If losing your ability to process credit cards would be detrimental to your business, you should sign up for a payment gateway. They only cost about $10-15/month + ~1%/transaction.

Can I ask, are these rules applicable to the UK too? What do you know about that?

the rules do apply to the uk also, discuss it with your merchant bank but you will find that taking credit card details online without holding an online merchant account and without using a recognised payment processor will be in breech of the card regulations and at least risk losing your account but if subject to fraud you can be fined thousands. Uses a payment gateway, don't store any card details in any form, get an online merchant account number (you need separate merchant numbers for manual, online & MOTO - mail order/telephone order) and that way you can't get in trouble.

Tom