• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install STS in other directory as catalog/

pawi

Hello,

Is it possible to install not in the directory catalog/ ?

My oscommerce website is located directly in the root (to overcome the url www.mysite.com\catalog\index.php)

Regards, Paul

• 3 months later...
Hello,

Is it possible to install not in the directory catalog/ ?

My oscommerce website is located directly in the root (to overcome the url www.mysite.com\catalog\index.php)

Regards, Paul

Yes, this is what I want to do as well....is it possible? What kinds of things will I need to do to make sure it works smoothly? Any help appreciated.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

This is simple enough guys, just ignore /catalog folder during STS installation and put all the files to the appropriate directories just without catalog.

I'm setting up my shop at the moment at the localhost. osC engine is in the root directory and it works fine with STS installed.

Edited by Fabys

Thanks Fabys, super quick response....I will do as you suggested.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

This is simple enough guys, just ignore /catalog folder during STS installation and put all the files to the appropriate directories just without catalog.

I'm setting up my shop at the moment at the localhost. osC engine is in the root directory and it works fine with STS installed.

:thumbsup: You are absolutely correct my friend!

To all osC newbies: The term "catalog" actually refers to the collection of files that make up the entire osCommerce program. To make things more confusing, it also refers to the catalog side of the shopping cart, meaning the "frontend" where the admin is considered the "backend". Be careful not to confuse the way "catalog" is being used by the contribution author in the installation instructions for that particular contribution.

Some folks like to install osC into a folder called "catalog" just to keep things organized from other web content. The folder could actually be called anything you want it to be such as "my_shop" or "eshop" or "cheap_stuff_here"...you get the idea. Either way is useful and practical so it is really up to you.

Hope this little "tip" helps,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

:thumbsup: You are absolutely correct my friend!

Thanks Bill for good words :rolleyes: But I would also thank you if you could help to solve my problem described in my topic. Still in trouble with that :(

Thanks Bill for good words :rolleyes: But I would also thank you if you could help to solve my problem described in my topic. Still in trouble with that :(

I posted a reply in your thread.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE