• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate_SEO_URL and HeaderTags problem

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to get Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da_1_2 and HeaderTags_V_2.6.2 working together on my site, but as I am a php-newbie, I got problems merging the two into my admin/categories.php. I have been looking for a solution and trying to merge them for two days now, but I just can´t get both to work properly. Does anyone around here happen to have a working admin/categories.php with just these two contributions installed, or would somebody be so kind to help me with that? I really would appreciate any help!

If you don't have the need to change the urls yourself, which is not very often, if at all, for most sites, then use the version of Ultimate SEO that doesn't have that option. There is only one change to the categories file and it is an easy one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for you answer Jack, but acutally I need the newes version beacause I am building a japanese Shop, that´s why the URls must be rewritten. Help is really appreciated, I can´t get both to work at the same time...

Thanks for you answer Jack, but acutally I need the newes version beacause I am building a japanese Shop, that´s why the URls must be rewritten. Help is really appreciated, I can´t get both to work at the same time...

They work fine together. I suspect the problem is in merging the sql statements. You will just have to keep at it I'm afraid. :)

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to get Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da_1_2 and HeaderTags_V_2.6.2 working together on my site, but as I am a php-newbie, I got problems merging the two into my admin/categories.php. I have been looking for a solution and trying to merge them for two days now, but I just can´t get both to work properly. Does anyone around here happen to have a working admin/categories.php with just these two contributions installed, or would somebody be so kind to help me with that? I really would appreciate any help!

bakanahito,

Go on over to this post (#1590), and download the attached file. It details the changes to an un-modified categories.php file to merge these two contributions. If you have other contributions in the file, there could be other issues, but this will at least give you a starting point.

-Skittles

I can´t download the file, there seems to be a bug. Can anyone send it to me by Pm oder E-Mail please?

bakanahito,

I sent the file by email. Hope you got it.

And for any who are following this thread, I quoted the wrong the post. So just to be on the safe side, I'm attaching the file here.

-Skittles

add_ultimate_seo_urls_to_header_tags_controller_categorie_php.txt

It WORKS like a charme!!! I am so happy right now! Thank you so much, for this file, it really solved all problems I had.

I needed to correct something in your code in order to get it work though:

Around line 70 the part which should be replaced by

//HTC BOC
	  $sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_seo_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_seo_url_array[$language_id]));
	   'categories_htc_title_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_desc_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
	  //HTC EOC

brings a T_DOUBLE_ARROW error message when trying to log into the admin section. I removed the ); in line 2 of your code and it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much, I am really relieved now.

baka

• 4 weeks later...