• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to disable category image

illumma

I created a category without specifying an image for it, but when I click on the category a window with no image shows up and if you click on it and select view images it allows to view all my images. How can I completely disable a category image?

I created a category without specifying an image for it, but when I click on the category a window with no image shows up and if you click on it and select view images it allows to view all my images. How can I completely disable a category image?

have you found a solution to this.

have you found a solution to this.

Unfortunately no, I am stuck till someone provides a solution. I tried CRE loaded which has an option in the admin area to disable category images but in oscommerce there isn't. I don't like CRE loaded it loads slow.

Okay... I just did this today to get rid of the category images...

admin>

configuration>

images>

"Images Required"> set to false

THEN

admin>

catalog>

category/products>

For each category you have, click edit (don't forget the sub-categories) you'll see the image currently listed... just click save, it will tell you "Warning: No file uploaded" That's fine... you don't want a file uploaded. Just do that for each category, and then when you go back to your site... no images will be listed.

If you want to see an example of what it will look like, go here www.here2connect.com It's not a "live" store yet, but it will give you an idea of what the categories look like.