Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zefeena

Simple Coding Error, advice needed

In order to sell fabric in less than whole metres I’m following this instruction-

In includes/classes/shopping_cart.php, around line 125, and a line to quantize $quantity to the increment you want. For me, it was fourths, so I used the formula floor( $quantity * 4 + 0.5) / 4. This rounds to the nearest valid value. If 10cm is your quanta, you could use floor( $quantity * 10 + 0.5) / 10.

if (is_numeric($products_id) && isset($this->contents[$products_id_string]) && is_numeric($quantity)) {

New line of code here---> $quantity = floor( $quantity * 4 + 0.5) / 4;

$this->contents[$products_id_string] = array('qty' => $quantity);

I did this before and it worked great, but then I made a hash of something else and had to reinstall original files, and redo all my changes for other things – product attributes with suffix, main cats on front page, price break. When I’ve come to inputting the code above again, I find my ‘original’ code is not identical to that above I have an extra bit - ($attributes_pass_check == true).

Can someone tell me where to insert this bit of code, - $quantity=floor($quantity*10+0.5)/10;

taking into consideration my extra bit. I tried putting it in after all the code below and that doesn’t work! I don’t understand coding at all!

My coding says-

if (is_numeric($products_id) && isset($this->contents[$products_id_string]) && is_numeric($quantity) && ($attributes_pass_check == true)) {

thank you!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.