• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SecPay tips

all2coolnick

Just thought I would share our combined experience of implimenting SecPay with osCommerce for the first time as I'm sure everyone will have the same issues.

1. Ensure your store name (as specified within Admin:Configuration:My Store) has no spaces or special characters in it. The store name is used as part of the transaction reference and spaces cause it to fail.

2. When running SecPay in test mode (Account Status as specified within you account options on the SecPay web site), ensure that you have the options Mandatory CV2 and CV2 set to false. SecPay say that these options conflict with the test mode and cause transactions to fail, even if the account is set to simulate authorised transactions! You can turn these options on after the account has gone live.

3. When configuring the SecPay payment module within osCommerce Admin, you will need to add "-jredir" after the merchant ID. Log in to Admin > Modules > Payment > SECpay > click edit > Under Merchant ID type the text after your merchant id.

For example if my merchant ID was: funboy01

The new ID would read: funboy01-jredir

According to SECpay this makes the callback a java redirect. If you don't do this then the callback from SecPay will always fail even though the payment has gone through OK. This is because SecPay does not like the 302 code returned by checkout_process.php because it does a redirect to checkout_success.php.

4. If you have set your SecPay account to live, don't panic if it's not working. I'm not even sure why you have this option within your account setup since to get your account live, you have to contact Customer services at SecPay and request them to set the account to live and then it takes about 2 working days. In the mean time your transactions will fail with the error "cannot find tid".

I Hope this saves some of you jumping through the hoops we had to to get this working.

• 7 months later...
When configuring the SecPay payment module within osCommerce Admin, you will need to add "-jredir" after the merchant ID. Log in to Admin > Modules > Payment > SECpay > click edit > Under Merchant ID type the text after your merchant id.

According to SECpay this makes the callback a java redirect. If you don't do this then the callback from SecPay will always fail even though the payment has gone through OK. This is because SecPay does not like the 302 code returned by checkout_process.php because it does a redirect to checkout_success.php.

Hi Nick. My SECPay setup started giving me problems some time ago after running fine for a couple of years. I've just noticed your post on this which looks as if it might help me. Have you had any problems with any of your customer setups using -jredir? SECPay have been telling me I don't need it but if I remove it the callback errors out, althought the transaction is still successful. With the -jredir in place the checkout doesn't now work properly. It takes over one minute to return to my site, all the while displaying a "transaction complete" message on the screen. I and they have spent weeks trying to sort this out but still no success. I've replaced my secpay.php to ensure I had the latest version and that it wasn't corrupt in any way and I've replaced the template code but still nothing.

Any thoughts?

Just thought I would share our combined experience of implimenting SecPay with osCommerce for the first time as I'm sure everyone will have the same issues.

1. Ensure your store name (as specified within Admin:Configuration:My Store) has no spaces or special characters in it. The store name is used as part of the transaction reference and spaces cause it to fail.

2. When running SecPay in test mode (Account Status as specified within you account options on the SecPay web site), ensure that you have the options Mandatory CV2 and CV2 set to false. SecPay say that these options conflict with the test mode and cause transactions to fail, even if the account is set to simulate authorised transactions! You can turn these options on after the account has gone live.

3. When configuring the SecPay payment module within osCommerce Admin, you will need to add "-jredir" after the merchant ID. Log in to Admin > Modules > Payment > SECpay > click edit > Under Merchant ID type the text after your merchant id.

4. If you have set your SecPay account to live, don't panic if it's not working. I'm not even sure why you have this option within your account setup since to get your account live, you have to contact Customer services at SecPay and request them to set the account to live and then it takes about 2 working days. In the mean time your transactions will fail with the error "cannot find tid".

I Hope this saves some of you jumping through the hoops we had to to get this working.

I had major problems getting SECPay to work with OSCommerce on a Windows server. SECPay would take the payment, but OSCommerce would say "Transaction failed" and the website would not remember which items had been purchased.

I never found the problem, but the site works fine on a Linux server...

Something to bear in mind if you're having problems!

• 1 year later...

Sorry for such a bump - but I just *HAD* to register to say how chuffed I was at finally sorting out my SecPay blues! I was going to close my SecPay account tomorrow and go with someone like Worldpay instead - but 'all2coolnick', if you're still around, you're the man!!

Customers would go through the checkout process, pay at SecPay sucessfully - only to be redirected back to our login page with no clue as to what just happened! After several secpay modules later (from contribs and my own coding) - still no joy. But simply adding '-jredir' to the Merchant ID - worked!! Oh I was so proud to see it working - brings a tear to your eye! :'(

As per the other comments though, I tried Linux/Windows hosting - and it didn't make any difference.

• 11 months later...