• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I get myadmin to accept SQL

Ausgirl

I have returned a test item and I do see the return number error.

Can you login to your store and go to the tools box and then get your server details:

i) Which verison php is running?

ii) Which verison MySQL is running?

I think I have a partial fix.

Hey Chooch,

PHP Version 5.1.6

MY SQL 5.0.24 standard

PHP Version 5.1.6

MY SQL 5.0.24 standard

You will have to go the Ultimate SEO URL's contribution download page HERE and apply the php5 fix.

I notice your category URL's are totally screwed up, the new class should fix that.

First, use the 25 Nov 2006 file. If that makes your .com/-c-30.html in to .com/nameofcategory-c.html then it's good, if not try applying the 13 Mar 2007 file - one of the two will work.

If you haven't got optional admin settable category/product URL's from a later mod then the 25 Nov file should be fine.

Secondly, as for the returns number, that isn't showing because you are getting amp; in your browser twice. If you return an item look at the URL in the browser... when you delete just the two instances of the amp; in the browser and click 'GO' the number will show up. DO NOT PRESS REFRESH, you must press go or press the return/enter key on the keyboard.

The way to get around this temporarily is to use the 9 May 2006 seo class file.

Well it won't be easy for you to do fully so remember this:

i) Use both and choose one file that corrects your URL's first. (from the 25 Nov & 13 March files)

ii) Then using the above file you chose, you must open up the 9th May file and text-diff both files until you find a solution that fixes both the category URL's and the amp; error.

Good luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

You will have to go the Ultimate SEO URL's contribution download page HERE and apply the php5 fix.

I notice your category URL's are totally screwed up, the new class should fix that.

First, use the 25 Nov 2006 file. If that makes your .com/-c-30.html in to .com/nameofcategory-c.html then it's good, if not try applying the 13 Mar 2007 file - one of the two will work.

25th Nov 2006 file: That worked, thank you :)

Secondly, as for the returns number, that isn't showing because you are getting amp; in your browser twice. If you return an item look at the URL in the browser... when you delete just the two instances of the amp; in the browser and click 'GO' the number will show up. DO NOT PRESS REFRESH, you must press go or press the return/enter key on the keyboard.

The way to get around this temporarily is to use the 9 May 2006 seo class file.

Well it won't be easy for you to do fully so remember this:

i) Use both and choose one file that corrects your URL's first. (from the 25 Nov & 13 March files)

ii) Then using the above file you chose, you must open up the 9th May file and text-diff both files until you find a solution that fixes both the category URL's and the amp; error.

Good luck

This sounds a bit tricky but I shall have a go at it (although Im not quite sure what it is Im looking at :blink: ) compare and see, I will.

Any ideas as to why Im still getting this error whenever I click on the headings circled in red? :'(

Oh dear, it's the blind leading the blind.

The SQL query I posted for you was totally inappropriate to your problem as it re-created a table that you probably already had. This is the query you should run:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS returns_status;
CREATE TABLE returns_status (
returns_status_id int(11) NOT NULL default '',
language_id int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
returns_status_name varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (returns_status_id,language_id),
KEY idx_returns_status_name (returns_status_name)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (1, 1, 'Pending');
INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (2, 1, 'Awaiting Return');
INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (3, 1, 'Cancelled');
INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (4, 1, 'Complete');

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hello djmonkey1

I ran that and I get this lovely error.

Is there someting wrong with that code or am I doing something wrong?

Try

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS returns_status;
CREATE TABLE returns_status (
returns_status_id int(11) NOT NULL,
language_id int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
returns_status_name varchar(32) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (returns_status_id,language_id),
KEY idx_returns_status_name (returns_status_name)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (1, 1, 'Pending');
INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (2, 1, 'Awaiting Return');
INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (3, 1, 'Cancelled');
INSERT INTO returns_status VALUES (4, 1, 'Complete');

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

• 1 month later...
Stew, you beautiful man you! Im so excited, That worked! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :wub:

Now I just need to figure out Chooch's suggestion.

hi

Your peoples are great,

I had same problem as ausgirl, and ran stew querry, all fixed...

God bless you.,

Regards

zee

Archived