• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get 1 Free

kymation

@Tsimi

hey Lambros,

If you do an update release, please don't forget to include that product_info.php page bug fix that you and David (Roaddoctor) worked on. I only found it on this forum after installing the addon. It's on page 17. Thanks.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

@Demitry

New version released.

Get 1 Free BS v1.7

https://apps.oscommerce.com/T3Bra&get-1-free-bs

I just did minor changes like automatic SQL install. Module for product info part. And some other minor changes.
I hope I got the expire date story right this time. That was the only bug left in the previous version.

@Tsimi

Wow! That was fast man!

I uninstalled the other one and am installing this one. One thing,.. in the install.txt there is mention of a new file: catalog/includes/functions/get_1_free.php but it is not in the package.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

@Tsimi

Thank you Lambros.

One last thing,.. there was a conditional statement you added based on status ..a post from March 3rd and 4th of 2015 (page 17). This one:

if (($free_product['get_1_free_expires_date'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) || ($free_product['status'] == 1)) {

I don't see it in /includes/modules/content/get_1_free/cm_pi_get_1_free.php You said prior that it fixed an issue, so should it be added?

Edited by Demitry

@Tsimi

Excellent! ..really great job on this addon! Thank you much.

Demitry

Edited by Demitry

• 1 year later...

Jim, Tsimi,

Hey there from way back... Yes, I still exist. Hope you are all well.

Came across a issue and hope you may have some insight... I'm still using non-BS shop...

I think PayPal changed something... When a customer tries to PP checkout with the get1free item in the cart, they are getting an error. In the log I am seeing:

L_ERRORCODE0 10003 
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 Missing argument 
L_LONGMESSAGE0 Item name, amount and quantity are required if item category is provided. 

The only thing I can think of is the $0.00 price is freaking out paypal…. ???

L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT1 0.00 

any ideas? I have no clue how to sort this one.

Thanks in advance

-Dave

• 4 months later...

Hey there @Tsimi how's things? I've just been adding this great add-on to my site but have come across an issue. I'm using OSC Frozen and when I add a free product to cart I'm getting this error:

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method shoppingCartMod::get1free() in shopping_cart.php line 203

Here is that line:

if (is_array ($free_product = $this->get1free ($products_id))) {

Any ideas? The admin side works fine and the front side works great until you add a BOGOF item to the cart then it complains...

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

35 minutes ago, freakystreak said:

Hey there @Tsimi how's things? I've just been adding this great add-on to my site but have come across an issue. I'm using OSC Frozen and when I add a free product to cart I'm getting this error:

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method shoppingCartMod::get1free() in shopping_cart.php line 203

Here is that line:

if (is_array ($free_product = $this->get1free ($products_id))) {

Any ideas? The admin side works fine and the front side works great until you add a BOGOF item to the cart then it complains...

This is not related to get one free. shopping_cart_mod is part of wholesale. It seems you are using the wholesale product listing in shopping cart but do not have the wholesale main (store) module installed. The error says that something tries to use the shopping_cart_mod.php class, but it has not been initiated.

I do not knoe the details of the get one fre addon, but it is possible that you need some code merging to get it to work together with wholesale.

Edited by raiwa

1 minute ago, raiwa said:

This is not related to get one free. shopping_cart_mod is part of wholesale. It seems you are using the wholesale product listing in shopping cart but do not have the wholesale main (store) module installed. The error says that something tries to use the shopping_cart_mod.php class, but it has not been initiated.

@raiwa thank you for noticing that. If you remember I was having an issue with the products not stacking which I fixed by using just the default product_listing. This obviously is a connected issue with this add on. You've given me an idea as to what to look for now. Thanks again, sorry I confused things there. That's another drink I owe you....

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, Roaddoctor said:

Jim, Tsimi,

Hey there from way back... Yes, I still exist. Hope you are all well.

Came across a issue and hope you may have some insight... I'm still using non-BS shop...

I think PayPal changed something... When a customer tries to PP checkout with the get1free item in the cart, they are getting an error. In the log I am seeing:

L_ERRORCODE0 10003 
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 Missing argument 
L_LONGMESSAGE0 Item name, amount and quantity are required if item category is provided. 

The only thing I can think of is the $0.00 price is freaking out paypal…. ???

L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT1 0.00 

any ideas? I have no clue how to sort this one.

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same issue. Is there a way to add a free product to Paypal Express?