• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get 1 Free

kymation

Thanks Jim,

I shall do some hunting was hoping there might be a simple way to get rid of error, rest assured when i've found out i shall post solution here for others

Steve

Hi Again Jim,

Im almost there with integrating Profit margin and Get 1 Free, no sql errors now, but is putting product_cost in order_products table as 0,

Not sure if i am calling the Get 1 free product id correctly, code below would appreciate if you could take a quick look, product_cost is in products table

Bold is lines ive added

// Get 1 free

// If this product qualifies for free product(s) add the free products

if (is_array ($free_product = $cart->get1free ($products_id))) {

// Update products_ordered (for bestsellers list)

// comment out the next line if you don't want free products in the bestseller list

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_ordered = products_ordered + " . sprintf('%d', $free_product['quantity']) . " where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($free_product['id']) . "'");

$product_cost_query = tep_db_query("select products_cost from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id ='". tep_get_prid($free_product['id']). "'");

$product_cost = tep_db_fetch_array($product_cost_query);

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,

'products_id' => $free_product['id'],

'products_model' => $free_product['model'],

'products_name' => $free_product['name'],

'products_price' => 0,

'products_cost' => $product_cost['products_cost'],

'final_price' => 0,

'products_tax' => '',

'products_quantity' => $free_product['quantity']

);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$total_weight += ($free_product['quantity'] * $free_product['weight']);

}

// end Get 1 free

Thanks

Steve

Edited by steve_s

The tep_get_prid() function is unnecessary, since you already have the products ID. Try:

$product_cost_query = tep_db_query("select products_cost from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id ='". (int) $free_product['id'] . "'";

That may be a bug in the current code.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello,

I have installed your contribution and there is any bug:

when I set:

Quantity to Qualify: 2

Quantity of Free Product: 4

(I set it to this product: http://www.fitpro.sk/product_info.php?products_id=352)

When I put 2 products into cart, it gives me only 1 free product (instead of 4).

Could anybody help me, please ? Thanks a million! :)

FINALLY I FOUND THAT BUG! And It was not my error in installation!!!

in the file catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

at the end of this file - in the function function get1free ($products_id)

there was a line with this code:

$free_quantity = floor ($products_quantity / $get_1_free['products_qualify_quantity']);

I changed it to:

$free_quantity = floor ($products_quantity / $get_1_free['products_qualify_quantity']) * $get_1_free['products_free_quantity'];

BECAUSE:

when I set:

Quantity to Qualify: 2 X

Quantity of Free Product: 4 (Product B)

Maximum Free Items: 100

(Product A) A=2

B would be 4...

old code: floor(A/X) is floor(2/2) is 1

NEW CODE: floor(A/X)*B is floor(2/2)*4 is 4

That's Line 470 in the current release. Your code is unnecessary, since the quantity of free items per product is calculated in Line 489:

'quantity' => $free_quantity * $get_1_free['products_free_quantity'],

Your change will duplicate the quantity multiplication. It also interferes with the maximum calculation in Lines 471-473.

Regards

Jim

The tep_get_prid() function is unnecessary, since you already have the products ID. Try:

$product_cost_query = tep_db_query("select products_cost from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id ='". (int) $free_product['id'] . "'";

That may be a bug in the current code.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks i'm still getting zero for some reason think i might have to leave as that for now, at least no errors on order at checkout

Steve

Add

print $free_product['id'];

at that point to see if the variable is being set. If not, track it back to the database query that should have set it.

Regards

Jim

Add
print $free_product['id'];

at that point to see if the variable is being set. If not, track it back to the database query that should have set it.

Regards

Jim

Yep i had to ammend the query slightly tested on phpmyadmin got 0 rows back so added products_id, but doesnt seem to recognise $free_product_id

$product_cost_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_cost  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id ='". (int)$free_product['id']. "'");

such a smiple thing bieng made hard :rolleyes: I even tried $cart->get1free ($products_id) in sql query

Thanks for all the help you gave Jim much appreciated

Edited by steve_s

That's Line 470 in the current release. Your code is unnecessary, since the quantity of free items per product is calculated in Line 489:

'quantity' => $free_quantity * $get_1_free['products_free_quantity'],

Your change will duplicate the quantity multiplication. It also interferes with the maximum calculation in Lines 471-473.

Regards

Jim

.... hm, I have downloaded Version 1.4.2... there is line 489 like this:

'quantity' => $free_quantity,

If we multiply 'quantity' => $free_quantity * $get_1_free['products_free_quantity'], than we can get more than maximum allowed free items per one shopping cart....

Apparently I'm not up to date on the latest changes. Sorry about the misunderstanding. You code will work, but it changes the meaning of the maximum free products limit. That's also a valid meaning; just not the one I had intended. Oh well.

Regards

Jim

Hay kymation and all the dudes using this contribution.

I would like to display the Buy 1 Get 1 free in a box in column right. I use STS

Does anyone have anything that would work? Or any idea where I could copy the code from?

It would be great if the box did not display if there is no current offer.

Thank you.

PS even a simple quick dirty hack which would enable to display the item on the index.php main page would be fine ! Just want some way to display it without having to update it manually.

Edited by ssnb

Hay kymation and all the dudes using this contribution.

I would like to display the Buy 1 Get 1 free in a box in column right. I use STS

Does anyone have anything that would work? Or any idea where I could copy the code from?

It would be great if the box did not display if there is no current offer.

Thank you.

PS even a simple quick dirty hack which would enable to display the item on the index.php main page would be fine ! Just want some way to display it without having to update it manually.

create a new infobox in includes/boxes/get_1_free.php say now create a template for get_1_free.php you will also need to add this in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php

in your new box paste the following code

<?php
/*
 $Id: get_1_free.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce, http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
//random if more than one free product
$get_1_free_query = tep_db_query("select products_id 
								  from " . TABLE_GET_1_FREE . " order by rand() limit 0,12");

if (tep_db_num_rows($get_1_free_query) > 0) {
 $free_product = tep_db_fetch_array($get_1_free_query);

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name,  p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$free_product['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
?>
<!-- get_1_free //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => 'Get 1 Free');

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
							 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product["products_id"]) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product['products_image'], $product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br><s>' . $currencies->display_price($product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product['products_tax_class_id']));

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- get_1_free_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

I havent been able to test it but it should work ok

Edited by steve_s

Hi all

I've added margin report http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1594 i to get this to work with get 1 free

find in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

'price' => 0,

add after it

'cost' => $products['products_cost'],

find in catalog/checkout_process.php

'products_price' => 0,

add after it

'products_cost' => $free_products['cost'],

finaly figured out how to get it to work :)

create a new infobox in includes/boxes/get_1_free.php say now create a template for get_1_free.php you will also need to add this in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php

in your new box paste the following code

I havent been able to test it but it should work ok

Thanks - I appreciate your time.

Before I go ahead and do a half baked attempt, could you please explain what the STS template might hold? Some sample code would be awesome? Fairly new to STS. When you say need to add this to column_left, do you mean the STS template code, or a link to it?

Thanks again

SSNB

Thanks - I appreciate your time.

Before I go ahead and do a half baked attempt, could you please explain what the STS template might hold? Some sample code would be awesome? Fairly new to STS. When you say need to add this to column_left, do you mean the STS template code, or a link to it?

Thanks again

SSNB

Hi

a sample would be like this

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
 <td> </td>
  </tr>
</table>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td>$content</td>
 </tr>
</table>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>
		</td></tr>

in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php add before the ?>

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'get_1_free.php');
 $sts->restart_capture ('get1free', 'box'); // Get 1 free box

now to call that box simply place $get1free in any files you have in your template folder

ohh btw change this code if you dont want 12 products in your get 1 free box

$get_1_free_query = tep_db_query("select products_id
								  from " . TABLE_GET_1_FREE . " order by rand() limit 0,12");

simply change 12 to what ever number you need

Hi i just downloaded Version 1.4.2 this is the full package or BUG FIX: wrong free product count in the includesclasses/shopping_cart.php also a full pakage

Hi, i ve tried to download get_1_free_1.4_1 contrib twice and i couldnt find catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php ..

did i missd something?

Hi i think that is referring to includes/functions/get_1_free.php as there is no such file in admin like that

Hi, i ve tried to download get_1_free_1.4_1 contrib twice and i couldnt find catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php ..

did i missd something?

Hi i think that is referring to includes/functions/get_1_free.php as there is no such file in admin like that

meaning replace this part

catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

wth this part?

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

meaning replace this part

catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

wth this part?

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Hi just knock of admin so its catalog/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

or just move to next instruction if you have file in that location

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php will be in catalog side

Edited by steve_s

Hi just knock of admin so its catalog/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

or just move to next instruction if you have file in that location

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php will be in catalog side

thanks!

Hello, I have been reading through this whole topic history and I am having the same request as many people already had. I am talking about the "apply free product to the whole category, not only one product".

I see many people have already asked for this and they haven't found any solution. I am really very much interested if anyone has done it? I am pretty sure, someone already hired programmer to do this. What about making it as a new contribution?

Or do you know about other contribution that could be easier to modify to get this "get 1 free for whole category" result?

Or kymation, could you please provide quick instructions of what would be needed to change in the code, when someone would like to go this way?

I don't mean exact code changes.. but in general, what would be the biggest issues and what to look for when doing these changes into the code.. just to describe very quickly in your words, what to look for?

Thank you very much all for any tips.

This can be done, but it will take a lot of changes, and a lot of work to do them all.

Database: change the products_id field in the get_1_free table to categories_id.

Catalog side: Change all cases where Get 1 Free refers to the products_id to categories_id. This is primarily in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php, but there will need to be minor changes in most other files as well. The categories_id can be calculated from the products_id if needed, although this can fail when a product is in multiple categories.

Admin side: Change the list of products in get_1_free.php to categories, plus change all cases of products_id to categories_id.

This is off the top of my head, so I may have missed some details. Not that there are any details in this post anyway.

Regards

Jim