• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySQL Help

steliart

Hi everyone,

I am new in this so forgive me.

I want to add a who is online contribution, but I need to make a complete backup of SQL database and run a line in MySQL database... and I don't know how to do this.

Can anyone help me please

Thank you for Helping

Love & Light

You will probably have phpmyadmin installed on your sever. This is a GUI that makes it easier to edit your database.

Go into phpmyadmin and select your database. Once you have selected your db, click on the tab, top of the screen, labelled "SQL". There you will see a text area with a "Go" button underneath and a file locator, also with a "Go" button underneath.

You can either, open up the SQL file that came with the contribution in a text editor, copy, then paste it into the text area and hit the "Go" button or you can use the file locator, navigate to the SQL file and hit that "Go" button.

Before that though, go into your osC admin>Tools>Backup and backup the db. You just need to click the backup button, select how you want to save the backup, then hit the second backup button. Then wait for the green message at the top of screen telling you the process was successful.

If you get a warning the backup directory doesn't exist, FTP to your admin directory, create a new directory and name it backups.

You will probably have phpmyadmin installed on your sever. This is a GUI that makes it easier to edit your database.

Go into phpmyadmin and select your database. Once you have selected your db, click on the tab, top of the screen, labelled "SQL". There you will see a text area with a "Go" button underneath and a file locator, also with a "Go" button underneath.

You can either, open up the SQL file that came with the contribution in a text editor, copy, then paste it into the text area and hit the "Go" button or you can use the file locator, navigate to the SQL file and hit that "Go" button.

Before that though, go into your osC admin>Tools>Backup and backup the db. You just need to click the backup button, select how you want to save the backup, then hit the second backup button. Then wait for the green message at the top of screen telling you the process was successful.

If you get a warning the backup directory doesn't exist, FTP to your admin directory, create a new directory and name it backups.

I believe I followed the instructions right, as well as the contribution's file replacements but... I have an errors

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_ip_address() (previously declared in /mounted-storage/home45c/sub001/sc17389-CZLB/www/catalog/admin/whos_online.php:22) in /mounted-storage/home45c/sub001/sc17389-CZLB/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1332

1054 - Unknown column 'user_agent' in 'field list'

insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('0', 'Guest', '4c4a32d2783bfd76401c0a84686957ee', '62.12.66.19', '1173992517', '1173992517', '/catalog/index.php', 'http://www.studio69cy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_42', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)')

[TEP STOP]

Love & Light

I don't think you have got it right. The first error says you have a function declared twice. It should probably be declared in general.php and called in whos_online.php.

The second error is saying you have a column missing in the database so it doesn't look like you executed the contribution sql file correctly.

You need to double back and cover your changes.

I don't think you have got it right. The first error says you have a function declared twice. It should probably be declared in general.php and called in whos_online.php.

The second error is saying you have a column missing in the database so it doesn't look like you executed the contribution sql file correctly.

You need to double back and cover your changes.

You are probably right,

When the SQL window came up i paste the

ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

and hit GO i believed that was it... Hmmm i am so bad in this

The contribution I tought was easy to install, but now I see there is a trick with that too, as far as I understood from its forum.

I put everything back as it was cause I am afraid to loose all my work.

Though Spax i appologize for forgetting to THANK YOU for the interest to help me. I am a graphic/web designer (not good in PHP) but good on what I do, so if ever you need any help from me just let me know.

Thank you

Love & Light

Archived