The e-commerce.

RSS Feed contribution support thread

Ralph2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

officially in regards to this contribution which version is the best to download for a highly modified site?

does this contribution require any other installed contributions?

thanks in advance

TWO THING

I've installed V1.22

dated 13 Apr 2007

When I DUPLICATE not COPY a product I get this error the admin section

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_mp3, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('100', '65063', 'EDE6506X.jpg', '', '619.9500', now(), null, '0.00', '0', '0', '118', '1')

[TEP STOP]

Also this seems to work in Firefox but not IE. BOth the latest version.

This is what I get in IE.

<H1 id=mainTitle>Internet Explorer cannot display this feed</H1> <H3 id=likelyCauses>This feed contains code errors.</H3>

bullet.pngGo back to the previous page.

down.png More information

• 2 weeks later...

i've just installed version 2.2. My problem is that when i open the site in firefox and press the subscribe feed button instead of letting me to subscribe, it appears the download and i download the rss.php on my desktop. If i open it with wordpad the products are there. So what have i done wrong?

I noticed this contrib requires the index.php to be replaced. For the most part most oscommerce stores have the index.php already modified if any work has been done on the store. Does anyone have the edits for the index.php for a modified oscommerce?

Thanks in advance

Bo

Hi all,

We just installed the rss feed V2.2 FullPackage.

We did everything we had to do but the rss-feed still doesn't work. If i open IE it says feeds with DTD are not supported, DTD is not supported by IE.

In Google chrome i get to see the following error: error on line 1 at column 60: Space required after the Public Identifier

In Opera i get: 1: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">, The last character > he says it's wrong.

In FireFox and SeaMonkey he wants to open the rss with my Adobe Dreamweaver program.

If i go to http://feedvalidator.org hey marks 01. and 39. with a yellow color and in row 39. he marks the question mark red

01. # <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

39. # <td width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading">Categorie?/td>

Our webshop is: http://www.touch-glass.nl

I hope someone can solve this problem :)

Greetings Wouter

Hi all,

This addon is working great except for one problem.

In the admin area, when I goto my catalog I get nothing but a blank page; and upon checking the log I get the error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 301

I have looked at line 301 in categories.php, but I don't have any real php skills. Line 301 onwards is as follows;

elseif ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_to_rss from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

This is part of step 10 on the install. I however can't see anything wrong with it - but it's stopping the whole catalog page (http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog) from loading.

Please help as I did not backup before I edited my categories.php and now I can't add any more products!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Someone please help, I've upgraded to the newest version of the RSS feed and it is working well other than the fact that it will not update with my product changes. It will not process characters like quotes. When I make the change in the product description to fix it the rss feed isn't updating my change so it still has the error. I've done the install 3 times now and am totally lost. You can view my feed at http://shedsforlessdirect.com/products/rss.php

Thanks so much for your help!

-Travis

I installed RSS Feed v2.2 INSTALL by faaliyet. I did not do Step 1 nor did I do anything with adminsettings.sql as there were no instructions as to where to put it. The instructions did not say to upload it. I completed Step 2 - to the end and it resulted in:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_to_rss' in 'where clause'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_image, p.products_date_added, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, m.manufacturers_name, cd.categories_name, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN categories_description cd ON p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_to_rss='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' GROUP BY p.products_id ORDER BY p.products_id DESC LIMIT 0

[TEP STOP]

Could someone please tell me what I must do in order to make this work?

The site is at http://interactive-media-network.com/account

I would appreciate hearing from someone.

Thank you!

Hi All,

I have serious problem here, since i installed this contribution i have this error message in my admin .

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/web121/html/ecommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

Then i'm unable to modify any product in my catalog because they disapear in admin but not in my shop! also my shop is unable to send any email

i didnt receive any notification when i receive order, it's a piece of problem.

Please help! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I get one error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Would you please help to advise what issue?

Best Regards,

sunrise99

I have sts template 4.5.8 installed on site with rss feed. When sts isn't activate all working, and when I surf in the site and I click on rss symbol I see the correct page of rss feed. If I activate sts, I enter in the site and click on rss symbol but it appear the form for download rss.php and don't work. Why?! What can I do?

The site is http://www.catinipipe.com

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am thinking of installing this mod, but have a few questions, based on the thread contents and visiting some of the example feeds.

1. Is this feed for products suitable for google base?

2. Users have mentioned a time out problem, what is the limit on number of products before a time out is likely.

3. If I have lots of products several thousand for example, is there a way to seperate the feed into categories and have say 1,000 products per feed and have several named files? this is to get round the time out?

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I have sts template 4.5.8 installed on site with rss feed. When sts isn't activate all working, and when I surf in the site and I click on rss symbol I see the correct page of rss feed. If I activate sts, I enter in the site and click on rss symbol but it appear the form for download rss.php and don't work. Why?! What can I do?

The site is http://www.catinipipe.com

Thanks in advance.

I too am getting this problem. When STS is turned off all the RSS symbols appear and the feed works fine. Turn STS on and nothing works.

For STS Users,

STS wants to template all your pages in /catalog/ Because of this we have to exclude the RSS feed from being templated.

To do this, as found here

You need to go to /catalog/includes/modules/sts

->Open sts_default.php

At about line 42 you should see

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))
  return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

right under that put

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "rss"))
  return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

and the rss feed should be working again.

To make the icons show up again, go threw your template files and apply the image code's as you would following the install.txt

ie)

/catalog/includes/sts_templates/~your template~/

-> sts_template.html

make your head content

<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
 <?php
  if (!isset($lng) || (isset($lng) && !is_object($lng))) {
	include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');
	$lng = new language;
  }

reset($lng->catalog_languages);
  while (list($key, $value) = each($lng->catalog_languages)) {
?>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="<?php echo STORE_NAME . ' - ' . BOX_INFORMATION_RSS; ?>" href="<?php echo FILENAME_RSS, '?language=' . $key;  ?>">
<?php
  }
?>
</head>

for the icon to show up in the URL bar. If you use Custom templates for Products or Manfactures you will have to apply these changes to them as well for the icon's to show up.

Edited by Chubbs

I installed RSS Feed v2.2 INSTALL by faaliyet. I did not do Step 1 nor did I do anything with adminsettings.sql as there were no instructions as to where to put it. The instructions did not say to upload it. I completed Step 2 - to the end and it resulted in:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_to_rss' in 'where clause'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_image, p.products_date_added, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, m.manufacturers_name, cd.categories_name, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN categories_description cd ON p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_to_rss='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' GROUP BY p.products_id ORDER BY p.products_id DESC LIMIT 0

[TEP STOP]

Could someone please tell me what I must do in order to make this work?

The site is at http://interactive-media-network.com/account

I would appreciate hearing from someone.

Thank you!

Hi i didnt see a reply to this already, but basically the sql file should be imported into your database, using something similar to phpmy admin in your control panel or equivalent.

The error basically it is the script is calling for some information from your database but can not find the column p.products_to_rss in your database.

Given you said you have not done anything with that file, thats is the likely cause of your error.

Johnny

HI installed this module and it appears to be working fine.

However have a few issues, I hope someone can help me with?

1. get the price/msrp/special price to display

2. have seperate feed for different product top categories

3. add newsdesk, faq desk, and information pages unlimited as feeds

Thanks

Johnny

I have installed More pics 2.0.6 advanced and Rss Feed, I have a problem with Rss Feed. When I click on rss icon I see the list of product without photos. I think that the problem is on more pics that don't add a category image correctly, or on rss feed that is configure to work with basic product image. Have you got an idea for resolve this problem?

Bye

• 2 weeks later...

Google webmaster tools is now giving me an error for this rss feed (it use to accept it so it changed on their end). I get this error now, does any one know how to get rid of it?

URL not allowed

This url is not allowed for a Sitemap at this location.

URL:

http://www.shedsforlessdirect.com/

My rss feed is located at http://www.shedsforlessdirect.com/products/rss.php so my guess is that on the rss page somewhere the root directory is listed but I don't know where it is or how to fix it. I imagine anyone with a catalog folder is having this problem too. Can someone please share how they fixed it?

Thanks!