osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RSS Feed contribution support thread

Ralph2

^^

I fixed the above errors, now am receiving new errors:

Sorry

This feed does not validate.

line 14, column 43: lastBuildDate must be an RFC-822 date-time: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 2:52:39 GMT [help]

<lastBuildDate>Fri, 24 Oct 2008 2:52:39 GMT</lastBuildDate>

^

line 33, column 39: pubDate must be an RFC-822 date-time: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 0:45:43 GMT (2 occurrences) [help]

<pubDate>Sat, 25 Oct 2008 0:45:43 GMT</pubDate>

^

In addition, interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

line 11, column 114: Self reference doesn't match document location [help]

... rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />

^

line 12, column 28: Email address is missing real name [help]

<webMaster>[email protected]</webMaster>

Edited by pure11

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

I have a few questions.

My feed name is catalog how do i change this to one I want.

what to change here rss.php

// If the default of your catalog is not what you want in your RSS feed, then

// please change this three constants:

// Enter an appropriate title for your website

define(RSS_TITLE, STORE_NAME);

// Enter your main shopping cart link

define(WEBLINK, HTTP_SERVER);

// Enter a description of your shopping cart

define(DESCRIPTION, TITLE);

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//That's it. No More Editing (Unless you renamed DB tables or need to switch

//to SEO links (Apache Rewrite URL)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Also my feed does not have the product images showing.

When I right click property's on the place where the image should be this is what I get:

http://www.discountsuperstore-uk.com/%3Cimg%20border=

Just to note I am using smoother pictures contribution as well for small thumbnails so don't know if that might cause the image problem.

Thanks In Advance

Liam

• 1 month later...

For those of you recieving the invalid token errors try this:

in catalog/rss.php:

***FIND:

function replace_problem_characters($text) {

***ADD AFTER:

$formattags = array("&");

$replacevals = array("&");

$text = str_replace($formattags, $replacevals, $text);

***FIND:

$in[] = '@&(amp|#038);@i'; $out[] = '&';

***REPLACE WITH:

//$in[] = '@&(amp|#038);@i'; $out[] = '&';

PLEASE let me know if this works for you. I am working on an update to fix some minor validation errors.

lildog

Edited by lildog

Sorry guys i know this is not the right place to ask about this but its kind of a similar idea to the contrib so thought someone here might know a bit more about it than i do... or at least point me in the right direction.....!

My question is whether there any way to to set up a live stock feed to an osc store via xml? My supplier has a live XML feed of the 'stock status' of all their items so i was wondering if i could use that to populate my stock levels, so allowing customers to purchase only things the supplier actually has in stock, and that updates automatically.

Once again sorry for posting here but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Shawn,

it looks to me like you missed the define in catalog/includes/filenames.php. Your feed works the link is wrong: http://swiss-watch.articlesmymoney.com/rss.php?language=en

lildog

O.k I have just downloaded and installed RSS Feed 2.1.

The problem I'm having is, The rss.php seems to be working.

But the RSS button on my site isn't working.

Can someone please take a look and see if they might be able to help?

http://www.swiss-watch.articlesmymoney.com

Thank you in advance,

Shawn

Thank you Lildog,

Yeah the feed itself is working great.

I burned it with Feedburner and posted it to my Myspace and Facebook.

Also added it to a Squidoo lens. :)

Also do you know how and where else I should submit my feed too?

Still new with the RSS thing. :)

Shawn

Shawn,

it looks to me like you missed the define in catalog/includes/filenames.php. Your feed works the link is wrong: http://swiss-watch.articlesmymoney.com/rss.php?language=en

lildog

No I don't know where, I am not an rss expert by any stretch of the imagination, but here is a starting point: http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-submission.htm

lildog

Thank you Lildog,

Yeah the feed itself is working great.

I burned it with Feedburner and posted it to my Myspace and Facebook.

Also added it to a Squidoo lens. :)

Also do you know how and where else I should submit my feed too?

Still new with the RSS thing. :)

Shawn

Hi i have an spanish wine shop , the problem i seem to have is with our special characters , that some how they are giving constant errors , making it imposible to see the feed with IE

ñ , á ....

I also get this error

Fatal error ; call to amember function remove_current_page () on a non-object in

i removed the line that causes the problem but i dont think this is a solution.

Line that causes errror:

$navigation->remove_current_page();

Bebo vino Rss

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I had this contrib working :D I don't know what I did. I've been working on the store and next thing I know the rss stopped working properly its giving me

this

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/includes/languages/english/rss.php:33) in /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/rss.php on line 301

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/includes/languages/english/rss.php:33) in /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/rss.php on line 303

Might anyone point me in the right direction

This is a hard error to diagnose, but for me it usually happens when I try to echo something after a form has been sent, it is usually when I am trying to debug and echo some variables out after the form info was sent to the next page. Google the error and you will find alot of hard to understand info. Also see here..

lildog

Hello everyone.

I had this contrib working :D I don't know what I did. I've been working on the store and next thing I know the rss stopped working properly its giving me

this

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/includes/languages/english/rss.php:33) in /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/rss.php on line 301

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/includes/languages/english/rss.php:33) in /home/cosmoscr/public_html/graphics/rss.php on line 303

Might anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks you know its very hidden thing right before your eyes.. I fixed it. It was the blank lines at the bottem of /includes/languages/english/rss.php. there should be no blank lines at the bottem of any PHP file.

This is a hard error to diagnose, but for me it usually happens when I try to echo something after a form has been sent, it is usually when I am trying to debug and echo some variables out after the form info was sent to the next page. Google the error and you will find alot of hard to understand info. Also see here..

lildog

This contribution is exactly what I was looking for. I have a quick question. I installed this about 3 hours ago, but when I view the feed in my feed reader it is only displaying about 10 items, while my store has over 400 products. The "add this product to the RSS feed" box is checked on the other products but they are not displaying. Any ideas why only some would be appearing?

This contribution is exactly what I was looking for. I have a quick question. I installed this about 3 hours ago, but when I view the feed in my feed reader it is only displaying about 10 items, while my store has over 400 products. The "add this product to the RSS feed" box is checked on the other products but they are not displaying. Any ideas why only some would be appearing?

Nevermind... figured it out. Didnt realize there was a setting in Admin for the max value.

Hi there;

I've installed RSS Feed v2.1 onto my site and the feed seems to work fine but

I've discovered that now I am unable to add a product to the shopping cart.

When click the Add to Cart button from the product description page it will take

you to the shopping cart page but there is no item and it says "Your shopping cart

is empty"

Help?

Thanks,

Karen

Hi all,

First of all i'm frech and i'm sorry for my bad english...

I have a litle problem with this contribution :

When i update one product he's not listing in the RSS feed.... and even i edit manualy the database 'products_date_added' it's the same probleme...

Have you a solution or idea for me ?!

Thank's

I tried to install this RSS Feed and am now getting this error

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_to_rss' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_to_rss from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

At this point I do not need the RSS feed and just want to get rid of this error as it happens in my catigories/products admin and prevents me from editing my products. Any ideas?

Looks to me like you forgot to run the sql OR maybe didn't define the table in admin/includes/database_tables.php. That is just a guess though. To just put a bandaid on it you could just delete p.products_to_rss from the query.

lildog

I tried to install this RSS Feed and am now getting this error

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_to_rss' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_to_rss from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

At this point I do not need the RSS feed and just want to get rid of this error as it happens in my catigories/products admin and prevents me from editing my products. Any ideas?

Looks to me like you forgot to run the sql OR maybe didn't define the table in admin/includes/database_tables.php. That is just a guess though. To just put a bandaid on it you could just delete p.products_to_rss from the query.

lildog

How do I delete the p.products from the query. Where do I find it and what should I be deleting?

catalog/admin/categories.php:

just delete , p.products_to_rss from the sql query.

so it looks more like:

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description...(rest of the query)

lildog

How do I delete the p.products from the query. Where do I find it and what should I be deleting?

I will look into this.....Ok, it looks like the products are ordered not by any date but by the products id. It makes sense to order them by modified date so you can breath new life into an old product. I will make some changes and upload a new version.

lildog

Hi all,

First of all i'm frech and i'm sorry for my bad english...

I have a litle problem with this contribution :

When i update one product he's not listing in the RSS feed.... and even i edit manualy the database 'products_date_added' it's the same probleme...

Have you a solution or idea for me ?!

Thank's

• 2 weeks later...

Hi IT-commerce,

I would like to know what is EXACTLY the interest of this line of code in your rss.php file:

<webMaster><?php echo $email_address . ' (' .STORE_OWNER.')'; ?></webMaster>

(except for you, of course)

Open source n'est pas un échange à sens unique ... La plupart du temps un simple merci ou quelques mots d'encouragement suffisent...

sorry for my last post. Just in a bad mood because the store owner email address is displayed in a rss field.

zeeeen :)

sorry again.

Edited by roya.k

Open source n'est pas un échange à sens unique ... La plupart du temps un simple merci ou quelques mots d'encouragement suffisent...

Why does this annoy you? It is part of the rss specs....

webMaster: Email address for person responsible for technical issues relating to channel. [email protected] (Betty Guernsey)

See here(the origins of rss): RSS Specs

sorry for my last post. Just in a bad mood because the store owner email address is displayed in a rss field.

zeeeen :)

sorry again.