• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image resizer

wulff

Hi, im having a bit of trouble with a image resizer. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2100

It converts all my pixels_trans and other "space" images into images that cannot be found, and this takes alot of place in the design. The "pictures" is 28x30 pixels, buts nothing there.

Anyone that can help?

Its the fastest resizer i've found so far, links to other is appreciated too.

/wulff

if you're looking for fast thumbnailer find one that uses cache ie does not send the thumbnails to the client end every time. Like using the 304 header. Which not only utilizes the cache but you do not need to waste space storing thumbnails.

if you're looking for fast thumbnailer find one that uses cache ie does not send the thumbnails to the client end every time. Like using the 304 header. Which not only utilizes the cache but you do not need to waste space storing thumbnails.

The con. i've linked to also uses cache as far as i recall.. Can you post a link to the 304?

this one uses the 304 header as far I remember. It's not too clean there might be others but have a look.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226

As of the one you posted it stores the thumbnails in the server that's the cache I saw which is on the server side. What I don't like about it (because the one I posted can also do that) is that if you have quite few products say 1000 ok, then minimum for each image it will generate a thumbnail file. Now if you change the dimensions of the image thumbnails another 1000 will be generated. And if you have multiple images to display with your products again the same issue arises (like one size for listings another for product info etc). I had few hundred products with my store with extra images and I was taking way too long to just browse the images directory using ftp. So I turned that option off and placed a different cache using the header. The php code always creates the thumbnail (if executed) but having the 304 cache minimizes this.