• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Rapidly losing the Plot!

zefeena

I have attributes, and a suffix to model code. All was well. I was also able to add .5 of something to my cart, whihc was a good thing as i sell fabrics etc, and don't always want to sell whole ones.

Then i installed a price break - that seemed to go well,

but now items with attributes can't be added to cart. - need a fix for this

only Whole items can be added - need to beable to sell fabrics in increments of .25m

packing slip doesn't show model or suffix.

When i get these things sorted i'm not installing anything else - i've had a week long headache from sitting at the computer too long. I just want to get on with putting my products on now.

I've never done any prograqmming, or anything similar before, so i'm thinking i've done well to get this far, but i've not a clue how to fix what has gone wrong.

All help greatly appreciated.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Odds are there was a mistake made in the price breaks changes. If you made a backup before you did that (you should always to that), then you can just reload your original files to fix it. If not, then you will have to try to fix the code or remove it using the instructions for that contribution. There's really no other way to do it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well I did back up, so i can obviously move back, but then i won't have the price break thing installed, and i really need that. Has anyone installed the attributes and the price break with sucess? There was an awful lot of changes and i wouldn't know what i was looking for to correct the errors.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I did back up using the tools section (pressing backup!) and i have a list of several back ups, but cannot seem to restore them. I presumed i'd just click on relevant backup and press restore - but that didn't work, it brought up a window to add a file, and seems to be browsing to my computer, can't figure out if i've done it wrong entirely or if the simplicity of a 'restore' button is non existant. Help anyone?

The only code i seem to have changed which seems relevant is In In catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

the code for attributes products code, and price breaker, both needed changes to this file, and i don't seem to beable to figure out how to make it right. Can anyone paste me the 'original' code for the file above so i can compare what i've changed.

Well I did back up, so i can obviously move back, but then i won't have the price break thing installed, and i really need that. Has anyone installed the attributes and the price break with sucess? There was an awful lot of changes and i wouldn't know what i was looking for to correct the errors.
The point was that you restore the site to working order and try re-installing the contribution again. If thre is a mistake it the installation of it, you could set and look at it for weeks and not find it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I did back up using the tools section (pressing backup!) and i have a list of several back ups, but cannot seem to restore them. I presumed i'd just click on relevant backup and press restore - but that didn't work, it brought up a window to add a file, and seems to be browsing to my computer, can't figure out if i've done it wrong entirely or if the simplicity of a 'restore' button is non existant. Help anyone?

Just to be clear.

The Backup button in Admin Tools section only creates a backup of the database itself. It doesn't backup any of the files in the store package.

If you are going to change the code in a file (install a contribution) you need to save a copy of the original file before you start making changes. I usually save as "ORIGfilename.php" if something goes wrong and you can't find the problem you can delete the screwed up file and the rename ORIGfilename.php back to just filename.php and you're back to a working store again.

Travis

Just to be clear.

The Backup button in Admin Tools section only creates a backup of the database itself. It doesn't backup any of the files in the store package.

Travis

Ah, you see that wasn't obvious to me! thank you i did reload original files from the download, and get it back to working in the end - still no further forward with the price break.

Archived