• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML problems

-Spazmatic-

Well...here we are again.

I installed the UPS XML last night, configured it correctly with UPS's access key, etc. and I have a problem or two with it. Basically, I can't use it. When I use OSCommerce's stock checkout system, it will not load the shipping page at all. It will stick and will not load anything. If I use google's checkout system, it does what it has always done and it doesn't ask for shipping...at all. It goes straight to checkout and allows the customer to purchase the item without shipping costs.

I'm getting kind of angry with this, because I've been working on it so hard and have gotten nowhere.

I am wondering if there is a problem with my install...there are no errors at ALL, it just won't show anything.

Do you think if i put the wrong information in the UPS module in my admin panel, it would mess up like that?

I am wondering if there is a problem with my install...there are no errors at ALL, it just won't show anything.

Do you think if i put the wrong information in the UPS module in my admin panel, it would mess up like that?

Easily. For example if instead of leaving the drop-down menu of Shipping Zone at --none-- and choosing a zone (where in the customer you do your testing with does not live) could cause that yes.

Not enabling UPS XML in admin is a (less likely) possibility.

Having a problem with modules.php where any settings will not be stored in the database is another. But you would have noticed that most likely.

Well I will reinstall it tomorrow to see what the hell's up....

I know it's not my information, because I know I put it all in right, quadruple checked it. It's not the modules thing, cause it saves all my configurations in admin panel, it just will not show the shipping page at all when I get to that point...and in google checkout it won't do taxes at all, with any module..stock or not.

Is there something in Google Checkout I'm missing? I can't seem to figure this crap out :(

I reinstalled the UPS module and the same thing is occuring. In my emails I get two error messages every time I try to go to that page, the first one reads:

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: : experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-15 16:25:33

and the second one reads

Error from cURL: Error [28]: connect() timed out! experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-15 16:25:32

Any ideas? Multisocket is not on, and I do not have dimentional shipping set up.

The errors above are sent to my test purchase account...

these two come to my support email:

UPSXML Rates Error:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway
 :

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway
  experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-19 06:12:51

Error from cURL: Error [28]: connect() timed out! experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-19 06:12:50

The errors above are sent to my test purchase account...

these two come to my support email:

Error from cURL: Error [28]: connect() timed out! experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-19 06:12:50

That is not a UPSXML issue, but a cURL issue. Could it be that you are using GoDaddy? They seem to have a special cURL setup where you have to go through a dedicated server of them with cURL. There are some instructions I think in the UPSXML thread (General Contribution Support forum) if that is the case. If not ask your hosting provider why cURL is timing out on their servers.