• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A big problem with easypopulate !!

Alexandero

Thank you for your kind reply. I have tried to edit the price of four products using EP, I uploaded successfully but i see the four products have doubled in my admin instead of overwriting the old prices.

Anyone has an idea about this?

Thank you.

The product that has doubled check your osc admin panel to see what the model number is, then check your EP file to see the model number. If your model number is longer then 12 letters in the EP file it will get cut off when its uploaded to your store, so your admin is only going to show 12 letters. What happens is when you re-upload your product it is seeing a longer then 12 digit model number, which does not appear in the database because the existing file is only 12 digits, there for it creates a new product instead of overwriting the original.

Verify your model numbers are shorter then 12 digits in your EP file, if they are only like say 5 digits long then this is not the problem, but if your model numbers are longer then 12 digits then I believe the above is what is happening. You can fix this by changing your products_model in your database to recognize more then 12 digits. Then you need to update easypopluate.php to the same as your database. The Stock easypopulate.php is set to 25 char, you can just change your datebase to 25 char, and try it like that.

Verify your model numbers are shorter then 12 digits in your EP file, if they are only like say 5 digits long then this is not the problem, but if your model numbers are longer then 12 digits then I believe the above is what is happening. You can fix this by changing your products_model in your database to recognize more then 12 digits. Then you need to update easypopluate.php to the same as your database. The Stock easypopulate.php is set to 25 char, you can just change your datebase to 25 char, and try it like that.

You were right it was because of the model number, i updated EP to fit with DB, it working fine now. For this I'd like to thank everyone who supported me.

I still have one problem, I have 4 languages in my store, but when I download EP txt file to edit it I find the categories names written in one language only.

Is there any tip so that I can have the 4 translations in it?

Regards,