• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A big problem with easypopulate !!

Alexandero

Hi, whenever I want to import a file to DB in easypopulate I encountre this problem.

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpybdAzn' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt' in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpybdAzn

User filename: EP2007Mar10-1402.txt

Size: 406

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Thank you for your assistance,

When there are capital letters in an error, like DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT, it means something is wrong with one of the definitions. You should check your configure file to make sure there is an entry in it for that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am having issues that anything that was uploaded to my catalog using Easy Populate cannot be edited from the admin panel. Like if I made a mistake in the image code i can't just open it in the admin panel of osc and correct it I have to make a new EP file, upload it which creates a duplicate of the original item instead of overwriting it.

Is there something I didnt set up correctly?

I don't see how Easy Populate could cause that. Even if you installed it incorrectly, you should be able to edit the products. This assumes you are using version 2.76. I can't say for the other versions. But it sounds like there is something wrong with the code in your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack mcs, I have tried hard to correct that problem, even if i changed something in my admin/configure.php

From : define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/public_html/');

To: define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

I still see the same error, could you please help me?

Please post the line of code from the easy populate file that has the path as well as that from your configure file.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

From admin/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

From public_html/admin/easypopulate.php

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

If you mean index.php includes, admin, images and other files, they are all in the directory named public_html

and my website url is like this www.mywebsite.com/index.php

Then I think it's the root.

Sorry I said all these things to make it clear for you because i don't know what is catalog refer to.

From admin/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

From public_html/admin/easypopulate.php

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

I think your admin/easypopulate.php file should say:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/temp/";

Because your files are in the root folder of your server the "public_html" you don't have a directory called "catalog" when you first get OsC it is inside a directory called catalog, but if you did not upload the catalog folder, and only uploaded the files inside of it, then your root is just www.yoursite.com, instead of the normal, www.yoursite.com/catalog/. Try removing the reference to the /catalog/ because your temp folder is not inside of a catalog directory.

thank you, and please tell me how about the code in configure.php how should it be ?

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); is this right or wrong?

i use easy populate and i didnt change anything in the admin/configure.php file

mine still says

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/rogue/public_html/store/');

yours would look like

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/public_html/');

Now I could be wrong but mine is working the way it is. The work "user" in yours would probably not say user, like mine says rogue because thats the username i have with my host but any host could be different.

But how can this be ? The authot of the EP said that we should add an $ before DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in configure.pho, I so added it, because the autor said it is very important.

So i just want to know where to add that $ exactly in configure.php.

Could any one please post a code to make it clear for me ?

Waw now I haven't received the same error, but there is still another problem.

I tried to test it on a few products, I modified the prices, but when i uploaded it nothing changed, the prices are still the same. Worse is that in my admin area catalogue-contents, now i see each product is doubled. and the new twins are assigned the new prices.

Why they are doubled? and why the prices did't change in my store?

Thank you.

You should test it with one product before see if your live products will change. It might be that the model number size in your shop is the default 12 but the contribution has it set to 25. Look in the easy populate file for that option and change it to 12. What you should do is take the provided test file, delete all products but one, make sure the category is one that does not exist in your shop and then try to upload.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You should test it with one product before see if your live products will change. It might be that the model number size in your shop is the default 12 but the contribution has it set to 25. Look in the easy populate file for that option and change it to 12. What you should do is take the provided test file, delete all products but one, make sure the category is one that does not exist in your shop and then try to upload.

Jack

i was having a similiar problem at first, i to think it was part of the model number issue, when i originaly did a test upload the server cut off half my model number because it was more then 12 chars, so when I did a second upload the model number looked different because the one on the server was 12 chars, and the new one was more then 12 so i think EP was not recognizing that i was uploading the same product. I would recommend changing your products_model table in your phpmyadmin to something like 25 chars instead of 12, then make sure your easypopulate.php file is adjusted accordingly to match. I really still don't know exactly what happens by changing the configure file in admin to $DOCUMENT_ROOT, i never did and my EP w/attributes seems to be working.

The model number is required for easy populate to work. If you do not use model numbers with your products, you still have to add them.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

But I don't think it is the problem, because the file I uploaded was the sample file in the EP contribution. I just deleted all the rows exept the first one and the second one (1 product).

And now I have another problem, this product is seen in my shop, I wanted to delete but i couldn't see it in Admin .

Well, as long as you refuse to leave easy populate alone and try to fix the actual problem, I'm afraid you are probably going to be stuck where you are. Good luck.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When I upload a file i always see this message :

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

You will see this line at the end of the import whenever you upload a new EP file. For example....I just uploaded a file with 50 products and at the end of the import it says "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported" because it's reached the last product.

This threw me off when I first started using EP. It took me a long time and a lot of testing to get familiar with EP enough to be comfortable with it;) Just remember to always backup your database before EP tests and you'll get it:)

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Thank you for your kind reply. I have tried to edit the price of four products using EP, I uploaded successfully but i see the four products have doubled in my admin instead of overwriting the old prices.

Anyone has an idea about this?

Thank you.