• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Photo gallery

zefeena

I want to add a link on the main front page of my store to a photo gallery. I sell fabrics, many specific to bra lingerie and corset making and want to add a nice gallery of inspirational photos. I would like to beable to caption these photos to tell people whihc pattern/fabrics were used, and maybe even link back to the area where they could purchase the relevant items.

Maybe even add another gallery where customers could upload their own photos, but would need to beable to edit captions/remove pics myself. It would also need to automatically resize images without squishing them!

Any one any ideas? simple intallation needed - i'm no programmer!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I want to add a link on the main front page of my store to a photo gallery. I sell fabrics, many specific to bra lingerie and corset making and want to add a nice gallery of inspirational photos. I would like to beable to caption these photos to tell people whihc pattern/fabrics were used, and maybe even link back to the area where they could purchase the relevant items.

Maybe even add another gallery where customers could upload their own photos, but would need to beable to edit captions/remove pics myself. It would also need to automatically resize images without squishing them!

Any one any ideas? simple intallation needed - i'm no programmer!

Such a gallery should be easy to realize and also easy to install and integrate into OSC. But your second point of letting the customers load up some pics is not a good idea, imho. How do you make sure, they choose the right product? No way... I'd prefer an interface, where they can upload pics and you decide, if they would be shown or not. Imagine I'd upload a pic of my grandma wearing your bra and string... Seems to be not a good idea, does it?

Hi, thank you for the advice! my site is frequented by sewing people, mostly women, and i'm certain none of my customers would upload anything intentionally offensive - but then you never know! I shall stick with a simple gallery, certainly i wouldn't want to confuse things, i'm struggling with this enough as it is!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Archived