• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS LATEST

josers18

Hi sorry if this has been repeated, I'm fairly new to this whole os commerce PHP world, but how do i get the latest UPS shipping module since it didn't come with the standard oscommerce install, I'm using os2.2, and in contributions i see a lot of different files related to ups but not sure which is the actual usable module. Please let me know thanks! :blink:

Hi sorry if this has been repeated, I'm fairly new to this whole os commerce PHP world, but how do i get the latest UPS shipping module since it didn't come with the standard oscommerce install, I'm using os2.2, and in contributions i see a lot of different files related to ups but not sure which is the actual usable module. Please let me know thanks! :blink:

Look in http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions for the latest contributions.

I seem to recall that UPS was removed from the latest version for a reason that I don't recall.

After I have installed it, how can I set it up to use? Just get an account from UPS? Anything else to get it integrated with os Commerce? Thanks!!!

I am having a very similar problem. It seems that a UPS developer account is required to activate the most recent XML osCommerce UPS shipping module. I applied for such an account, stating that I desired a key to use the osCommerce shopping cart shipping module, but a few days later, I got an email from UPS stating my request was denied.

We would really perfer to to offer UPS, but at this point we are unable to either for our site or others we develop using osCommece.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Edited by dlpirl

I am having a very similar problem. It seems that a UPS developer account is required to activate the most recent XML osCommerce UPS shipping module. I applied for such an account, stating that I desired a key to use the osCommerce shopping cart shipping module, but a few days later, I got an email from UPS stating my request was denied.

We would really perfer to to offer UPS, but at this point we are unable to either for our site or others we develop using osCommece.

Any suggestions, anyone?

I also have similar problem ... I can't install UPS Choice in my site. Anyone can help?

For UPS Choice - once you install the files on the server, you need to go to admin->modules->Shipping. You will see the UPS module there. Click on it and then on the Install button. Once it is installed, click on Edit and enter your UPS login and set the other settings as you would like them. Click Update and it should be installed at that point. Go to your shop and start an order. When you get to the shipping page, you should see UPS rates.

For UPS XML, you don't need a developer account but you do need the XML option. I've never heard of anyone being turned down for that. You do need a regular account first though so maybe that is the problem. Whatever the case though, all you need do is contact UPS again, explain the situation and ask why you were denied. They are usually very helpful.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For UPS XML, you don't need a developer account but you do need the XML option. I've never heard of anyone being turned down for that. You do need a regular account first though so maybe that is the problem. Whatever the case though, all you need do is contact UPS again, explain the situation and ask why you were denied. They are usually very helpful.

Thanks, Jack. Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know exactly where to go on the UPS site. I do have a user account. I expect you may have old information about UPS XML access as it differs from what I read currently on the UPS site. See https://www.ups.com/e_comm_access/laServ?ST...L&loc=en_US where it says "To furnish XML Access Key, we need your Developer's Key. "

Thanks, Jack. Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know exactly where to go on the UPS site. I do have a user account. I expect you may have old information about UPS XML access as it differs from what I read currently on the UPS site. See https://www.ups.com/e_comm_access/laServ?ST...L&loc=en_US where it says "To furnish XML Access Key, we need your Developer's Key. "

Hi i actually have my ups xml working correctly, you do need a developers key you can sign up for it in UPS.com under business tools, but you can also search for "access key" on the search bar it will take you to it, then once you have that, you have to sign up for an XML access key they will email it to you i believe its all a matter of minutes (at least it was for me) then you just enter the corresponding info on the UPSXML module and i should work just fine (provided you installed it correctly of course :-) )

Hi i actually have my ups xml working correctly, you do need a developers key you can sign up for it in UPS.com under business tools, but you can also search for "access key" on the search bar it will take you to it, then once you have that, you have to sign up for an XML access key they will email it to you i believe its all a matter of minutes (at least it was for me) then you just enter the corresponding info on the UPSXML module and i should work just fine (provided you installed it correctly of course :-) )

Thanks for the search suggestioon, but unfortunately, I end up in the same place -- the link I posted above. I really can not get the XML Access Key without a Developer's Key. I suspect that teh reason you can is that you have a cookie set that lets you through because you already have a Developer's Key.

Thanks for the search suggestioon, but unfortunately, I end up in the same place -- the link I posted above. I really can not get the XML Access Key without a Developer's Key. I suspect that teh reason you can is that you have a cookie set that lets you through because you already have a Developer's Key.

hmmm, thats weird try going through this url this is where you sign up

https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/register?sys...S&loc=en_US

let me know if it works

hmmm, thats weird try going through this url this is where you sign up

https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/register?sys...S&loc=en_US

let me know if it works

Been there, done that already. Then a couple days later I got an email that my request for a Developr's Key was denied. I've replied requesting that my request be reconsidered. We shal see...

Been there, done that already. Then a couple days later I got an email that my request for a Developr's Key was denied. I've replied requesting that my request be reconsidered. We shal see...

Wow that is weird i don't know why they would deny you, you might want to speak to them directly on the phone and tell them your situation they were very helpful to me and i got my key within a few minutes, hopw it works out for ya!

Wow that is weird i don't know why they would deny you, you might want to speak to them directly on the phone and tell them your situation they were very helpful to me and i got my key within a few minutes, hopw it works out for ya!

I think it was because in my first request I basically said "I'm not a developer. I just want to use UPS XML in osCommerce for my personal shoping cart solution." And they said "You don't rate. Go find some one who is on our vendor list to do it for you." Crazy.

I'm sorry. Your use of the word "account" instead of "key" through me off. Yes, you do need a developers key. Here are instructions from UPS as to how to get your key:
To get started, you will need to first register specifically for UPS OnLine Tools. After you have received your Developer’s Key, you can request your Access Key. If you have already registered for My UPS.com, go to step 8 after you have logged in with your User ID and Password.

1. Open your desired Internet browser.

2. Access the UPS web site at http://www.ups.com/onlinetools.

3. Click on the [Register] button, located to the right of the screen.

4. In the “Complete Information for My UPS Registration” box, enter your name, e-mail, User ID and Password. Click on [Next].

5. Once you have read through and understood the "UPS Terms and Conditions" page, click on the [Accept ->] button.

6. Fill in the fields on the "UPS: Registration" screen under "Complete Form for My UPS Registration". All fields labeled in bold print are required. All other fields are optional. To receive notices of future releases of OnLine Tools, select [Yes] to receive notices. UPS respects your privacy and will not send unsolicited emails to you.

7. Click on the [submit] button at the bottom of the window.

8. Once registered for My UPS, click on the [business Solutions] tab.

9. Under the “Business Technology Solutions” section, click on [uPS OnLine Tools].

10. On the “UPS OnLine Tools” page, click on [Get OnLine Tools].

11. In the gray box for “Standard Tools,” select the specific tool you would like.

12. The next screen looks like a registration screen; however, it is actually looking for additional information including your UPS account number, which is required. Once the information is entered and verified, click on the [submit] button at the bottom of the window.

13. In the gray box on the next webpage, you will be given your confirmation of the standard tools you have successfully registered for. Your Developer’s Key will be e-mailed to you in just a few moments, so please leave this screen open and monitor your e-mail until you receive the Developer’s Key.

14. Once you receive the Developer’s Key in the e-mail, copy it and click on the standard tool that most applies to you.

15. On the next webpage, you can request your Access Key. Click on [Get Access Key] on the right side of the screen.

16. Select the type of Access Key you desire, “XML” or “HTML.” If you are going to use a shopping cart, you will probably want to select XML Access Key unless otherwise directed by the shopping cart vendor.

17. Enter your Developer’s Key and click on [submit].

18. Once again, verify that all the information in the bold type fields is accurate and complete on the “Provide Additional Information” page and click on [submit].

19. Your Access Key will appear on the screen. Copy or print this Access Key for your records.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry. Your use of the word "account" instead of "key" through me off. Yes, you do need a developers key. Here are instructions from UPS as to how to get your key:

Jack

Hi Jack, I have problems with the following steps:

11. In the gray box for “Standard Tools,” select the specific tool you would like.

Can you specify which tool do I need in order to get UPS module working in my e-commerce site?

12. The next screen looks like a registration screen; however, it is actually looking for additional information including your UPS account number, which is required. Once the information is entered and verified, click on the [submit] button at the bottom of the window.

What do you mean the UPS account number? Is it same as what I have registered by following your step 1 to 10? Or just a regular UPS account number which is used for shipping with UPS?

Thanks for your help!!

Those are directions form UPS, not from me. If you are having problems with them, you should contact UPS. But whenit asks for your account number, it is asking for your UPS account number. If you don't have one, then you cannot get the XML option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those are directions form UPS, not from me. If you are having problems with them, you should contact UPS. But whenit asks for your account number, it is asking for your UPS account number. If you don't have one, then you cannot get the XML option.

Jack

The directions appear to have worked for me. Thanks, Jack! I chose the shipping rates module. The UPS account number was emailed to me as was a Developer number and an XML number. The XML code was what I needed.

• 3 weeks later...
The directions appear to have worked for me. Thanks, Jack! I chose the shipping rates module. The UPS account number was emailed to me as was a Developer number and an XML number. The XML code was what I needed.

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. I installed the osCommerce UPS XML module, and entered in all the information required in the osCommerce Admin Console for Shipping, but when I test my shopping cart checkout, there is no UPS shipping available. Can some one help me troublesoot why not?

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. I installed the osCommerce UPS XML module, and entered in all the information required in the osCommerce Admin Console for Shipping, but when I test my shopping cart checkout, there is no UPS shipping available. Can some one help me troublesoot why not?

Did you enable it by setting to "True" for "Enable UPS Shipping"??

I've just double check my steps in following installation procedures for the osCommerce UPS XML readme.txt, and I can't see anything that I have not done correctly, including changing the datatype from VARCHAR to Text for the set_function field of the database configuration table.

I've just double check my steps in following installation procedures for the osCommerce UPS XML readme.txt, and I can't see anything that I have not done correctly, including changing the datatype from VARCHAR to Text for the set_function field of the database configuration table.

You don't see "United Parcel Service (XML) under Shipping Method at all?