• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Return to merchant

Hi guys!

im having a problem with the stock paypal module with oscommerce the checkout progress seems to go fine, gets to the point where the customer gets sent over to paypal to continue the purchase and then all is good the customer gets charged and the money is sent to the store admin. But the problem is that at the end when the button "Return to merchant" appears (linked to checkout_process.php?OsCID=XXX) when this is clicked instead of sending back to the page it should, the site actually lands back on the login.php and none of the orders have actually gone through on the shop side.

Ive been searching for a fix but cannot find one, even using the paypal IPN module doesnt fix this.

Please this site needs to go live ASAP and this is the only hold back im having.

PAYPAL RETURN TO MERCHANT LINK sends me back to login.php instead of sites checkout process as it should.

Any ideas people?

thanks in advance!

somehow you must be loosing the session in-between.

now reading this

(linked to checkout_process.php?OsCID=XXX)

Do you have a link somewhere where you hard-code the session? Where do you see the above you posted? Just with the address bar of the browser?

somehow you must be loosing the session in-between.

now reading this

Do you have a link somewhere where you hard-code the session? Where do you see the above you posted? Just with the address bar of the browser?

Thanks very much for reply :)

The original poster seems to have run away(!) so I'll answer for them as I have the same problem ;) -

To answer your questions:

YES I do see URL in the address bar and

NO I haven't hard-coded the session because it was generated by osCommerce.

The "Return to Merchant" button goes to http://www.mysite.com/catalog/login.php?osCsid=xxxxxxxxxxxx and this ends up on the login screen. Any ideas?

Edited by ryanbehrman

Well going by code flow.

The return address specified on YOur paypal profile is where it should launch.

so if there is some values lost then the code amy redirect this is what needs to be checked.

So till it is fixed I suiggest you to place ordr holding contribution also My suggetsion that You use paypal IPN as it is a far better contribution for paypal.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Well going by code flow.

The return address specified on YOur paypal profile is where it should launch.

so if there is some values lost then the code amy redirect this is what needs to be checked.

So till it is fixed I suiggest you to place ordr holding contribution also My suggetsion that You use paypal IPN as it is a far better contribution for paypal.

Satish

Thanks Satish. In my hosted environment when the return address is OFF and you click on "Return to Merchant" it all works fine, however in my local environment it doesn't work when the return address is OFF (no transaction is recorded in osCommerce). Setting the return address in my local environment is not allowed by paypal as it is localhost. So in the end there is no way for me to test end-to-end in my local environment.

Anyway, it is the hosted environment that is the most important so at least that works.

So in the end there is no way for me to test end-to-end in my local environment.

not sure what you mean. There are multiple ways. You could use the local ip and not the localhost or you can setup your hosts file for this with the ip mappings to hosts.

the original poster has not run away, simply been busy and not received any notification of the post update until today.

I finally got this sorted, im so happy. The solution in my case was to set the IPN return address to http://mysite.tld/checkout_process.php and that seems to be working for the moment. (touch wood)

Hope everyone else gets this problem sorted as it was a real b**ch and really really annoyed me and made me waste SO much time trying to figure it out.

the original poster has not run away, simply been busy and not received any notification of the post update until today.

I finally got this sorted, im so happy. The solution in my case was to set the IPN return address to http://mysite.tld/checkout_process.php and that seems to be working for the moment. (touch wood)

Hope everyone else gets this problem sorted as it was a real b**ch and really really annoyed me and made me waste SO much time trying to figure it out.

Fair do's :) Glad to hear you got it sorted!

I did too, but I haven't implemented the IPN mod yet. I will come back to this post if I have problems, otherwise all ok for now!

Hi, I'm now having the same difficulty but am not having the same luck as others with a fix.

Exact same scenario as detailed above.

I've got PayPal set up for IPN with the return URL as being: http://www.annemarieevers.com/catalog/checkout_process.php

But the "return to merchant" link still takes me to the login page and there's no record of a purchase being made. This site is live and I've got 3 people asking where their download link is for their purchase - yikes! I need this fixed ASAP - can someone help please?

There must be another setting that I haven't set correctly.... If I install the contribution mentioned previous, will that fix it?

Thanks Much,

Susan

Hi, I'm now having the same difficulty but am not having the same luck as others with a fix.

Exact same scenario as detailed above.

I've got PayPal set up for IPN with the return URL as being: http://www.annemarieevers.com/catalog/checkout_process.php

But the "return to merchant" link still takes me to the login page and there's no record of a purchase being made. This site is live and I've got 3 people asking where their download link is for their purchase - yikes! I need this fixed ASAP - can someone help please?

There must be another setting that I haven't set correctly.... If I install the contribution mentioned previous, will that fix it?

Thanks Much,

Susan

It's working now - we installed the Paypal IPN contribution and all is well with the world once again :)

Hello, I'm new to osCommerce -- helping some friends with a site. The return to merchant is giving us an error -- instead of returning to our site the url it is trying to return to is /us/cgi-bin/checkout_process.php (a blend of paypal.com + our page). The session id is present on the paypal page. In paypal I have tried http://www.oursite.com/catalog/checkout_process and http://www.oursite.com/checkout_process but there was no difference in the response. As far as I can tell everything on our side is set up correctly -- the order goes through fine, just the return is not working. Any suggestions?

Thanks --