• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can my store send e-mails after paypal ipn

ihatedeskjets

Hi all, Just a small query about paypal ipn. I managed to get it working, the order was created and is in my admin panel like this:

Date added customer notified

03/07/2007 13:57:34 x Preparing [PayPal IPN]

03/07/2007 13:58:35 x Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

How can I set it up so that the customer gets an e-mail from my site to thank them for their order ?

It will do it if I change the order to processing but I dont want my customers just to have an e-mail from paypal telling them

they have paid me, I think it would be nice to send confirmation from my store as well if possible ?

Any ideas and thnx

How can I set it up so that the customer gets an e-mail from my site to thank them for their order ?
Hi. I have a similar question... I had an improved order number contribution installed, which changes checkout_process.php to send emails with the order number in the subject, and to also send those order confirmation emails TO: me, but FROM: the customer, rather from the cart. With the number of orders we get, that helped 100% in keeping track, and in keeping customer email conversations clearly assigned to the right order number.

However, since we've installed the IPN module, it apparenly bypassed checkout_process.php, and I can't seem to get it to send emails the same way as the cart used to before I installed the paypal_ipn module. Please, any help would be apprecaited. :)

Hi all, Just a small query about paypal ipn. I managed to get it working, the order was created and is in my admin panel like this:

Date added customer notified

03/07/2007 13:57:34 x Preparing [PayPal IPN]

03/07/2007 13:58:35 x Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

It will do it if I change the order to processing but I dont want my customers just to have an e-mail from paypal telling them

they have paid me, I think it would be nice to send confirmation from my store as well if possible ?

Any ideas and thnx

Your problem is not the email but that the order is "INVALID" - that means that the verification between your shop & PayPal failed and therefore none of the order functions (updating stock, sending out emails etc.) took place.

The good news is that PayPal obviously found the right file & can communicate with your shop. However the bad news is that you need to look into why the verification failed.

hope this helps to get the debugging started. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Hi. I have a similar question... I had an improved order number contribution installed, which changes checkout_process.php to send emails with the order number in the subject, and to also send those order confirmation emails TO: me, but FROM: the customer, rather from the cart. With the number of orders we get, that helped 100% in keeping track, and in keeping customer email conversations clearly assigned to the right order number.

However, since we've installed the IPN module, it apparenly bypassed checkout_process.php, and I can't seem to get it to send emails the same way as the cart used to before I installed the paypal_ipn module. Please, any help would be apprecaited. :)

That's a diffferent issue - the email is sent from the ipn.php file so you need to modify the email in the ipn.php how you want to. Adding order number etc. is entirely possible. Just have a look in the file & amend the email section to mirror your checkout_process modifications. all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

• 1 month later...

I have just done a test purchase and the money appeared in the paypal account, the order was placed in my database so I can see the details / print the invoice / packing slip etc so waht else is there ? or am I missing something silly here.

I have just done a test purchase and the money appeared in the paypal account, the order was placed in my database so I can see the details / print the invoice / packing slip etc so waht else is there ? or am I missing something silly here.

Just noticed that paypal returns the customer to : https://puma.eukhost.com/~secret/checkout_s...?osCsid=bbfa68f

not checkout_process.php or the path to ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

it does this even if I set a return path in paypal profile

??? install instructions say no need to set return path. did I miss something when I installed it ?

Please help Terra