• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for a contribution like Easy Populate...

kawie95

Hello,

I have tried Easy Populate, reading the manual, and searching the forums for a few weeks now trying to find a contribution to make my life easier. I am starting a music store and I have A LOT of different CD's to put on. Each CD has tracks that can be downloaded individually and all tracks have about 6 different licensing options, but the same download link. Right now I have to put each product in manually, then edit the attributes for each license, and attach the file. When I use Easy Populate to edit my store, the uploaded sheet will erase all the Product Attributes (such as filename) and I can't figure out what contribution I should use. Am I doing something wrong or is Easy Populate not what I need?

-Thanks,

Eric Schrader

-Eric Schrader

Easy populate will do that for. However, there is a limit in spreadsheet programs as to the number of columns that can be loaded. If you exceed that limit, Easy Populate won't work for you. Once you have it installed, use the download option to get a copy of your products and attributes. Then upload it again to make sure it works, after backing up your database, of course. If you are missing required fields, like the model number, then it can cause problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for the reply.

I have checked out the "Add fields to Easy Populate" controbution, and I just used it to see how to add files, in order to remove them. I commented out some fields I won't use, and my Excel goes to BH row, but there are 3 extra row fields at the end of the sheet. I searched the txt file for "mp3" before I imported it, but still no luck on finding the download link. (I searched ZIP too). I am really out of ideas because I know little about OSCommerce contributions and addons. Is there any solution to my problem of specifying a file to download with the product?

-Eric Schrader